ReefCleaners.org

The Keep-Downsize Coming

HVani

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's doing awesome :)

I need to get some pictures of him.

Also I have another order from reef gardener coming Saturday :)

BTA replacement? I have an order from her as well. Should get it this week :).

She didn't have any more :( I got credit instead.

I did get a nice white rock flower anemone

Wow..she sold out huh???? Looking forward to seeing the new white one.

Another touchdown!!!! :lol: I'm happy for you! :)

That game was awesome :)

I am so beat today though ug....more coffee

Anyway I have a reef gardener order coming on Saturday and I can hardly wait.

Here's what I'm getting :)

Snow White rock flower anemone

Mint green blastos

Blue sky pimple mushrooms

Zombie eyes zoa mix (some ked reds in there I've been trying to get for a while)

Magic mushrooms ♥

Blue Agave PPE ♥♥

Tyree sunset monti (Another one I have been wanting for ages)

Oh I forgot to mention. I was at the LFS this weekend. I picked up a solid green maxi mini with a pink mouth(never seen anything like it) and a lavender tube anemone with a green mouth. I had been looking at the tube anemone for a while. Then they lowered the price to $29.99! That's super cheap around here. They have an orange one too but I don't think it would look good with my others.

Not at all. I have 3 and they have been super easy. You do have to feed them but mine catch food while I'm feeding the fish. Also they pack a sting so you don't want them close to anything you want to keep. Mine have their own corner with no coral.

My husband and I have been discussing a remodel of our living room. We are going to be putting in wood flooring and bookcases :) Right now we are just pricing things out. The tank is proving top be a problem. I've been searching for months on how to incorporate it into the bookcases we are installing and nothing has been what I wanted. A long shallow tank was the best idea I came up with but evaporation was going to be a huge problem. I'm already struggling with evaporation this year on the 65 gallon.

Anyway when the time comes to put in the floors I'm going to have to move the tank to another room while everything is finished. This will most likely involve tears lol. I'm so happy with how this tank is doing, I hate the idea of messing it up with a move.

It's also looking like there will be a new tank involved. The 65 is limiting on where I can put it in the room since it takes up a good amount of space. Right now I'm looking into a corner tank. It would give me the gallons I want without taking up too much space. I'm still on the fence in curved glass verses a pentagon. They both have advantages and disadvantages. Also figuring out where everything goes in the stand will be an issue. My husband is not thrilled with the idea of drilling through the way and into the closet(which would make my life easier). I'm also at glass vs acrylic, and custom job vs store bought.

Right now we are just in planning mode and pricing everything out. Nothing will likely be started for another year or so. Which id good because like I said I'm happy with my tank as it is :)

Well the blenny died. He never ate very well and I found his slimy little body this morning. Bummer

On a better note, I sold my flame angel so now I have a bit of room for a couple new fish :)

I might be getting a frag tank :ninja:

Ok Husband still has some say in it. But it's looking good right now. I'm considering a nuvo 16. Otherwise I could throw one together with a 15 gallon. For fish I'm also thinking a pair of black clowns :wub:

I know I could put one together myself for cheaper but the nuvo looks so nice. All I really need is the tank and lights. I have just about everything else. If I went with the 15 gallon I would need a couple powerheads.

Is it bad I pretty much have this figured out and haven't even gotten the ok yet? lol

Picture time! Also I need to clean my glass :(

hector_zps36950031.jpg

greennem_zps8ea533ed.jpg

dirtyglass_zpsed4ec17a.jpg

leftside_zpse8df8b2e.jpg

nemrainbow_zpsff7e3a8d.jpg

squirt_zps9af17fb4.jpg

:o:o:o:o:o:o

Yes I did it. After being bit AGAIN! I decided I wanted to upgrade my clown pair. Spotticus is now Athena and the above little squirt is Puzzle.

I got him from Alpha Aqua Culture. Yes he has a blunt nose, I'm away but he's a great little fish and won't be used for breeding anyway. Plus I got a killer deal. He's a fancy snowflake :) The pairing has gone really well so far. No aggression yet.

I just found out ORA has bred red sea mimic blennies :o

I must have one!!

Also I got a quote back for a acrylic pentagon corner tank with custom stand and sump. It's a little more than I expected but still doable. I'm getting a bonus next month that should help quite a bit :)

I just found out ORA has bred red sea mimic blennies :o

I must have one!!

Also I got a quote back for a acrylic pentagon corner tank with custom stand and sump. It's a little more than I expected but still doable. I'm getting a bonus next month that should help quite a bit :)

Will it still be 65g?
  • 2 weeks later...

My Heart Dog took a turn for the worst and we had to put her down this past weekend. I've been in a fog but I'm starting to feel better.

The tank is doing well. I did some retail therapy yesterday. I picked up a really cool anemone. I knew it was some sort of sand anemone so I took a risk. (I just love anemones) After some research I believe it is a zebra anemone/beaded anemone.

I have been wanting a leopard wrasse for a while but I wanted to make sure I got a healthy one that was eating. Well yesterday I picked up one. Not just any leopard wrasse, a potters wrasse. I know I know, you can start taking bets now on how long till he's dead.

He's just one of the most beautiful fish I have ever seen. He'd been at the store for over a week, was eating by day 3, out and about exploring and just looks as healthy as can be. I took a chance. Instead of going right in the sand he was out all evening exploring my tank. When the evening lights are one he's is stunning.

Thank you

I will hopefully get pictures of him tonight, if he isn't dead lol. Everything on the internet is telling me he will die but I'm crossing my fingers he doesnt.

Also I think I need to get some hats for my snakes. These are adorable

114.jpgJESzEqA.jpg?1

4hDMaRG.jpg?1

Archived