ReefCleaners.org

The Keep-Downsize Coming

HVani

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, it's ~100w of quality LEDs, will cover a 36x18 area, up to ~20-24" depth.

Oh nice. That would be a nice light for the upgrade we plan on doing in a year or so :ninja:

13984081404_89e9123676_b.jpg

omgomgomg

The first views of my new light. I can't wait for it to be here.

In other news. I had Icarus out last night. He was jumpy at first, but really calmed down. He sat on my knee for the longest time while I was on the computer. He is so freaking cute. It's nice to have a reptile to hang out with on days my snakes are digesting. They can't be handled for 2-3 days after they eat and they ate Monday night.

That light is awesome!!!!!

Did Icarus poop on your knee? :lol:

How's the feeding going? Mine have much better appetites now that they are acclimated to their new home. What CGD do you feed?

That light is awesome!!!!!

Did Icarus poop on your knee? :lol:

How's the feeding going? Mine have much better appetites now that they are acclimated to their new home. What CGD do you feed?

No he didn't. I feel lucky.

He's eating his crested gecko diet but will not touch bugs. I've tried a few and he just looks at them. Even if they stay in his tank for a couple days he still won't eat them.

He's on repashy. I don't know what flavor but it smells like bananas

Legendary Corals

Oh geeze I see that now that you are in CA.

I love Best Fish. Best prices around and a great selection. It's way better than the Madison stores though Living Art is moving to a larger location.

Anyway I came home from lunch so I could post pictures. Hopefully this weekend I can get better ones.

blenny_zps30d94352.jpg

fasttang_zpsdc017faa.jpg

fasttang2_zps52ea2672.jpg

Love the new additions! White tails are so hard to find. I'd love to own one, they look like they have a lot of character!

No he didn't. I feel lucky.

He's eating his crested gecko diet but will not touch bugs. I've tried a few and he just looks at them. Even if they stay in his tank for a couple days he still won't eat them.

He's on repashy. I don't know what flavor but it smells like bananas

I'm feeding mine Big Fat Geckos diet. It's what the store that I bought the geckos from sells and it's a really great food. It has organic ingredients and non GMO. I'm sure repashy is probably similar. I think it smells so good :lol:.

I don't think it's unusual for them not to eat crickets. Some do some don't. All of mine seem to go crazy for them. My oldest one has slowed down on how many she wants to eat though. I think it's because she's lazy now :lol:.

Yeah, I don't mind the no bug thing. From what I have read it means he may just grow a bit slower. But he will get there. I weighed him earlier this week and he weighs the same as when I got him a month ago (10g). I was a little worried at first but after some reading I feel better.

My milksnake, Ridley, is going through a massive growth spurt right now so I'm use to him and how fast he's putting on weight. He's 118g now! When I got him he was 38g.

Oh I forgot to mention this earlier! I got a new DSLR! It came in the mail earlier this week but I haven't had tine to play with it(stupid mandatory OT). I'm hoping this weekend to get some pictures of the reptiles and fish. Maybe even a couple of my dog.

The camera is a Canon t3i with the kit lens. I also ordered a 50mm f/1.8 lens to go with it. It should be here sometime today along with my new SD card.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a rescape today!

I like the scape but it was a sad sad day. During the rescape I lost a chromis to jumping and my blenny. The blenny was in a rock I removed without realizing he was in there. I found his body as I was cleaning up hours later. My pink bar goby has not been seen either but I have heard the pistol shrimp. Sad sad.

Well here is the scape

may2014_zps9cec12d5.jpg

Some other pictures I took, with my new camera :)

anemones_zpsea350864.jpg

anemonestuffed_zps52af1f7b.jpg

orchid_zpsd65257aa.jpg

shrooms_zps8bef80bd.jpg

shrimpy_zps9d52e84b.jpg

picasso2_zps78297f05.jpg

picasso1_zps275fb1c0.jpg

tang1_zpsee30794c.jpg

tang2_zps81346afa.jpg

wrasse_zpse2c61f84.jpg

I love the new scape and new photos. So sorry about the fish though :(

I absolutely love that white tail tang. His tail is just so striking!

Where did the dragon go?

I wanted to see him all covered in coralline. Im almost to buy a little ceramic moai, and give him a gsp goatee and Mohawk. I had some gsp delivered weds, dang stuff hasn't opened up yet.

12 in tweezers are great for getting those asterinia stars.

The white tail is doing great! He's part of the reason for the new scape. He needed more swimming room.

My dragon was dropped and broke while rescaping :( I might still be able to use it but I couldn't get the pieces to work with the scape.

Where did the dragon go?

I wanted to see him all covered in coralline. Im almost to buy a little ceramic moai, and give him a gsp goatee and Mohawk. I had some gsp delivered weds, dang stuff hasn't opened up yet.

12 in tweezers are great for getting those asterinia stars.

OMG I hate those starfish so much!!!!

Nice pics. That white tail is awesome! Too bad about the fishes. I did a rescape years ago on my bio cube. Sand storm, tail spot Blenny hid in a power head, I turned power back on and ..... Well, the corals ate well.

Looks awesome, Ashley!!!! Sadness about the blenny (and chromis). I almost did the same thing with a neon goby. He was in a rock and I didn't know it. Luckily the rock was going back in the tank but the guilt is overwhelming when something like that happens :grouphug:.

wow.such.chris

Really like how you've opened the scape up but without the dragon can this really be called the "Dragon's Lair?" :o

I don't know :(

I added 2 T5HO bulbs as a supplement, new bulbs came in today. It really brightens up the shadows, will be nice for a noon blast.

Nanobox shipped today! Hopefully it will be here by the end of the week.

Also today I ordered a pair of wp25s with dual controller :)

Can't wait to get this tank really rolling

Don't you have a Dragonet???? If so, there's your dragon :).

I do!

Good ol' Crimson is in there somewhere :)

• 3 weeks later...

Been super busy at work so I haven’t had time to update anything. I got my new nanobox and my pair of wp-25s. I love both these items. My corals are really reacting to the light and are looking brighter everyday J My pumps are also awesome. I love the gentle waves rolling through my tank now. The corals have been looking great ever since I added these 2 items. I’m considering removing my refugium and just using an in sump skimmer as a final upgrade. I’m still working out what would be appropriate for my tank size.

So that’s all the equipment stuff, now the fun stuff, LIVESTOCK!

I went to an awesome fish event in Milwaukee and I had a great time. I picked up a huge purple gorg, a Duncan coral and a big scroll coral. I also won a free tank in a raffle!

It’s a desktop top tank that’s a cylinder and holds about 6 gallons. I’m thinking of doing an invert nano. Of course I need to get some extra time first.

Ok now the bad news.

All of my fish are dead.

Well almost all. The damsel is still alive but on his way out.

I somehow got marine velvet and it took everything. I’ve been working so much over time I didn’t even have a chance to react. Boom, everything gone.

Once the damsel is gone, the tank will sit fallow for 6-8 weeks to make sure the disease is GONE. Then it’s restocking from scratch. I’m still working out what my new stock will be. Some things will be replaced(clowns) others not(chromis).

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear about the marine velvet. At least you're staying positive. I'm interested to hear what your new stocking plans will be.

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear about the marine velvet. At least you're staying positive. I'm interested to hear what your new stocking plans will be.

Eh what else could I be?

Some ideas I have had include doing an only captive bred tank. That limits things but it could be fun.

I've also considered a pair of domino clowns, hoeven's wrasse and a group of yellow headed jawfish. I even looked at a DD copper banded butterfly. I definitely have plenty of time to think about it

Eh what else could I be?

Some ideas I have had include doing an only captive bred tank. That limits things but it could be fun.

I've also considered a pair of domino clowns, hoeven's wrasse and a group of yellow headed jawfish. I even looked at a DD copper banded butterfly. I definitely have plenty of time to think about it

How tragic, sorry :(.

I like the idea of a captive bred tank. I always feel guilty/sad knowing that most of my fish were taken out of their home/ocean. Only my clowns are captive bred.

The damsel passed away last night.

The fallow period begins today.

The captive bred idea is really appealing. There are lots of small fun gobies that are captive raised. I could do:

A pair of clowns

orchid dottyback

red sea mimic blenny

neon goby

green barred goby

tiger goby

striped blanny.

Just no wrasses or jawfish which is what stops me.

I like the captive bred idea, but I'm with you on not being able to give up the jawfish and wrasses. Those are some of my absolute favorite fish right now. I think only my clowns and seahorses are captive bred at this point.

• 1 month later...

Archived