inTank Media Baskets

The Keep-Downsize Coming

HVani

Guess who just ordered an Acid Rain BTA from reef gardener omgomgomg

acidrainbta%2435__08503_zoom.JPG

Also picked up a couple other things I had been sitting on.

damn, I was eyeballin' that for awhile.

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are here and in the tank! Looking pretty angry. Once they open up more I will post pictures. Till then here are the pictures from the site of what I got :)

Area51%2435__81532_zoom.JPG

meangreen%2410__60916_zoom.JPG

This thing is insane looking, pictures do not even show how bright it is!
Alienconvict%2450__66928_zoom.JPG

And a freebie :)

I think it's one of these

firecrakcerfavia%2435__63568_zoom.JPG

I'm having trouble getting a picture of the bubble tip. Everything looks just like it was pictured on the site except the anemone. Which I was expecting, the description said it was green not blue.

Anyway from coral collection's site, here is what the anemone looks JUST like.

IMG_8603.jpg

I am so stoked. This is an anemone I have wanted for a very long time but just could not justify the price :) I am pleasantly surprised. Most acid rain anemones look like this (which I was fine with)

IMG_7402-001.JPG

but instead I got an anemone that looks way more like a purple rain :) :) :) I was suspicious when I looked at it on the site. But now I know for sure :)

They are about the same price :)

Here are some pictures

She's crawled into a space that's difficult to get a photo of

badnempic_zps162476ff.jpg

Chalice

area51_zps26158b3a.jpg

Freebie

favia2_zps77db0a57.jpg

Sunglasses needed

nothershot_zpsc918ad9d.jpg

favia_zps10e65d07.jpg

And a random shot of my hector's goby

hector_zpsf1ce603b.jpg

I recently decided to keep this tank more softie/LPS like I originally planned. I had started to get some SPS but I haven't been too happy with them. I've had a few die and I'm leaving it at that. Right now I still have a purple cap, unIDed acro, and my rainbow monti.

With this decision, I turned the whites down on my lights to give more of a blue look and make my corals pop more during the day. So far everything looks great! And nothing seems upset by it.

Besides being knocked around by some hermits, everything is doing well. In the morning the anemone is out and open, but by the time I get home from work she's in a cave. I think my LEDs are a little much for her. Hopefully she adapts. She's been eating no problem.

The other corals are doing well. I need to get everything glued down better. My coral glue dried up :( I need some more.

Well the anemone ended up not making it. I'm super bummed but sometimes that's how it goes. Everything else is doing great. There is a frag swap on Saturday. I have very little room for coral but I'm still super excited to go. The raffles are pretty awesome this year. Maybe I'll get lucky and win something :)

I caught Snow looking at me from her princess castle. Who said snakes can't be cute?

snowscastle2_zps7e451042.jpg

She likes to watch me when I'm on the computer. Of my snakes she's the only one that ever seems interested in what I'm doing.

Update time!

The picture of my new mushroom didn't come out. It's a nice orange color though. SHould look cool once they spread.

Ok here is the nem rock. The pink and white one is tough to get pictures of due to where it is in the tank. You can see the red/green one and the white one in this pic though and a peak at the other.

newnems_zps05e278bd.jpg

I'm going to have to frag these soon :)

pinkandgolds_zps826d82bf.jpg

My magicians ♥

magicians_zpsdcac02fa.jpg

Full tank shot cuz I haven't done one in a while

fulltankjan14_zps2d930d8f.jpg

And the rest

nemgroup_zps2b406f43.jpg

mushandchrom_zps7b9661a1.jpg

Looks amazing!!!!! You really need to show this off more often :).

Is the white and pink one right below the orange and green one? I can't wait to get a good view of it. I bet it's very pretty!!!!

Nice selection of nems. Your white one reminds me of mine. Which still will change a little sometimes in the middle section, sometimes it's a little pinkish, other times a little greenish. Just kinda depends. That one shows up so well on the top.

Looks amazing!!!!! You really need to show this off more often :).

Is the white and pink one right below the orange and green one? I can't wait to get a good view of it. I bet it's very pretty!!!!

Yup it is the one in the front. I'm feeding them to help them grow.

Yup it is the one in the front. I'm feeding them to help them grow.

Are they feeding for you already? Mine really took some time to settle in before they would accept food. Yesterday was the first day I tried some nice sized pieces of PE Mysis. They loved it. Before that it was just pellets that they would catch.

Since the mysis was a success, I'll start hand feeding them once or twice a week now. I don't really want them to grow so much as start reproducing. As soon as I get some reproduction going on, I can get a bigger tank. That's the deal I have with the boss :lol:.

They took some small pieces of mysis and a bit of ova. But again they are settling i. I also read that article on reproduction and it sounds awesome! I would love some baby rock flower anemones :)

Well since the swap things have been settling in. Sadly I caught my flame angel picking at my acans and then my favia. I took a half day at works today since I was sick. Of course I'm no good at resting so I tackled the tank. I removed the angel and received 4 bites from Claudia for messing up HER tank. <_< Stupid clownfish made me bleed.

Anyway I put the angel in an acclimation container in the sump so I could take him to the LFS this weekend. I checked on him after dinner and he had jumped out and into the sump. Luckily it's in the sump and not the display. Unluckily I'll have to dig him out at some point :angry:

So while I was at the swap I might have picked up a fish. I'm not normally one for buying something I haven't researched but he was soooo cute. The vendor said he was a seaweed blenny. He reminded me of a saddled blenny I use to have. Sadly when I got home and looked him up, he's not a seaweed blenny. IN fact I don't know what he is. But he's an absolute character! So much personality and he just started eating for me.

This is the picture that I have found to be the closest. It's labeled an oyster blenny but I don't think that is right either

OysterBlenny.jpg

Archived