SaltCritters.com

The Keep-Downsize Coming

HVani

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been working on the depth of field. I still can't get pictures as crisp as I would like

Tripod, pumps off, try and get the aperture as small (higher numbers) as possible using a slow shutter speed. If it's a SLR try and lock the mirror up so it doesn't shake the camera when it lifts the mirror at shot time. Use timed mode to take the pic to reduce any shake from hitting the shutter button. :D

I still take mediocre photos, but that's what Ive been told is the way to take steady shots.

Tank looks great, BTW!

wow.such.chris

Have you gotten tank of the month yet? Because you should..you really really should.

well I know she's been nominated at least once before...

My hectors goby was out most pf yesterday :)

If he's out today I will get a picture. He's been busy sifting sand(I didn't know they did that).

I remember Randi saying hers sifted the sand. I think she has two of them.

Merry Christmas!!!! :flower:

I sold 2 anemone clones locally and I have more interest than I have anemones :)

I usually don't sell too much stuff because honestly, the people on the local forum tend to be flakes. But this time it went very well :)

jedimasterben

Most likely used, i just can't swallow the $465 price tag for a new one.

Same here, but the new dry sides are awesome. Ultra quiet, even quieter than the MP40 I replaced the bearings on.

I made a salt critters order on december 31, they were having a end of year sale plus were fully stocked so I had lots to choose from! I made my order, paid for it and received my shipping date. All was fine until today. I got the message that the zoas I ordered were not available and would I like to pick out something to replace them. Now the site is very picked over with nothing else I really want and NO zoas. Super bummed :(

Well Saltcritters ended up working with me and I got 1 zoa group that looked similar to the one I order, I also got a couple more mushrooms to even things out.

The problem now is UPS is late :(

Same here, but the new dry sides are awesome. Ultra quiet, even quieter than the MP40 I replaced the bearings on.

Is there a break in period? I tested mine out in the 20T but it was as loud as a worn out mp10.

I'm still very worried about the noise. I'm starting to consider a jebao wp 25 and a wp 10 to go with it. Then I could get my new light as well for only a bit more than a new mp 40.

My package did end up arriving 3.5 hours late. The water was cold but everything seemed ok. The rock anemone was a joke, tiny and brown. Just like the one I got last time. The time before I got a really nice red one that was a decent size. Not anymore I guess.

The UFO favia has a bit of damage that worries me. It's temps my angel to nip at it. I'm watching him today and if he starts picking I'll put it in an acclimation box to heal up. Here's what I ended up with:

2 zoa frags, one is super bright green :)

1 blue ric

1 blood red chalice frag

1 UFO favia frag

1 Acan lord mini colony(♥)

1 Small brown rock flower anemone

3 Cool greem with red flecs mushrooms

1 Purple mushroom

1 prism favia frag

Things haven't opens up all the way but they look good. I'll try and get pictures today :)

Do you still have the red rock flower from them? If you do, take a picture of it today, if you can :). I'm in search of a red and white flower.

Archived