Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Keep-Downsize Coming

HVani

I haven't seen the pinkbar goby is 2 weeks now. He disappeared the same time the pistol shrimp did. I have heard the pistol so I was hoping the goby was with him and alive. Sure enough when I came home I spotted the goby briefly poking his nose out of a new burrow. It was awesome :)

Also I found a picture from the vender I got my purple tube anemone from. It's better than mine. Gives you a better idea of how pretty the purple one is.

PYAnem_zpsa6e7fb52.png

My lfs has one that grey/white with a bright green mouth. It was tempting

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I haven't seen the pinkbar goby is 2 weeks now. He disappeared the same time the pistol shrimp did. I have heard the pistol so I was hoping the goby was with him and alive. Sure enough when I came home I spotted the goby briefly poking his nose out of a new burrow. It was awesome :)

Score!

I picked up a few goodies tonight.

Green toadstool leather

Red digitata

purple plate

Armor of the Gods

Blue zoas

I can't find any duncans locally :(

Used up some credit I had at the LFS, picked up 3 new fish. I got a warpaint clown goby, a hectors goby and a McCoskers wrasse.

It sucks buying new saltwater fish lol. I haven't seen them since I added them to the tank. I also don't expect to see them for another week.

Here are some pretty pictures of these fish I found on the Internet!

DSC_1233.jpg

lg-71237-hectors.jpg

McCoskers_flasher_wrasse_male.jpg

Oh they are so easy. Keep the water clean and I mostly just feed normally. They catch what they need out of the water. Mine seem to like smaller pieces of food like small pellets, cyclopeeze, ova and such. I tried feeding them pieces of silversides but they just spit them out.

llama roadkill

Oh they are so easy. Keep the water clean and I mostly just feed normally. They catch what they need out of the water. Mine seem to like smaller pieces of food like small pellets, cyclopeeze, ova and such. I tried feeding them pieces of silversides but they just spit them out.

AWESOME! I want one REALLY bad in the new tank. How many inches deep is your sandbed? Will ~2" work?

AWESOME! I want one REALLY bad in the new tank. How many inches deep is your sandbed? Will ~2" work?

Lets see, my sandbed varies in different places. Where the anemones are I think it's around 2.5" deep. I also have them in some PVC pipe to provide extra sand for them. They seem to like it and actually stretch pretty far out of the PVC.

Hi if I may ask but what is the diameter of the eel? thx

She was about the diameter of a sharpie marker and 12" long as an adult. A nice small eel. I miss her sometimes(sold her locally) but it's nice to be able to have small fish, hermit crabs and various shrimp again.

llama roadkill

Lets see, my sandbed varies in different places. Where the anemones are I think it's around 2.5" deep. I also have them in some PVC pipe to provide extra sand for them. They seem to like it and actually stretch pretty far out of the PVC.

Oh yeah, I read about how people put them in PVC for support. I might do that.

And you had an eel? Didn't know. What kind?

Nice! No eating of little fish or inverts?

Ha! She was fine for a while then she started chowing down on things. She ate the following:

3 clown gobies

2 pistol shrimp

5 peppermint shrimp

several small hermit crabs

1 royal gramma

and she took a bite out of my firefish but he survived

I think she ate a few more fish I can't remember now

llama roadkill

Ha! She was fine for a while then she started chowing down on things. She ate the following:

3 clown gobies

2 pistol shrimp

5 peppermint shrimp

several small hermit crabs

1 royal gramma

and she took a bite out of my firefish but he survived

I think she ate a few more fish I can't remember now

Wow. That's...unusual...but it is an eel! :lol:

The McoCosker's wrasse is now out ALL the time :)

I've only seen the hector's goby and clown goby a couple times but my tank has a lot of hiding places.

Well I as looking for a purple fish for my tank. I was going to get an orchid dottyback but no one had captive bed ones. So then I thought blacked capped basslet but again no one had any and I couldn't find any online. Yesterday I was planning on just going out and getting a royal gramma. Then my LFS (whom I follow on Facebook) made a post about their current stock. They had a black capped basslet that came in earlier this week :)

I went yesterday to check him out and he looked great! Out and about, nice color, perfect fins, a little skinny but alert. So I bought him(geeze these guys are expensive).

I also did my first impulse buy lol. I bought 3 black bar chromis. They are beautiful! I'm hoping to at least end up with a pair. SO far the new(er) fish are doing great though I have not seen them very much.

I do believe my stocking is complete and I am very happy with it :)

Well thank you :wub:

I don't think I am quite there yet. Plus I don't have a nano lol.

I hope for thing to grow in a bit more then the tank will really look like what I have in mind.

In other news I saw 2 chromis and the black capped yesterday during feeding time. The black capped has moved into a rock right next to the clown's anemone and Claudia(female clown) is NOT happy about it. Unfortunate for her the rock has many small holes the black capped can get into but she can't even get her face into. I love the soap opera that goes on in my tank :)

Archived