Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The Keep-Downsize Coming

HVani

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Orchid dottyback (or maybe you already have one) and a Kole tang :)

I already have an orchid dotty back but good guess.

And kole tang is pretty close but not quite right. He is a bristle tooth tang

Day 4!

I need to get some pictures for tomorrow' reveal!

I already have an orchid dotty back but good guess.

And kole tang is pretty close but not quite right. He is a bristle tooth tang

Day 4!

I need to get some pictures for tomorrow' reveal!

I thought you might have already had an OD :)

Day 5! And they are still going strong

Ok so the new fish are......

An ORA Red Sea Mimic Blenny

A White Tail Bristletooth Tang!

I have pictures but they are at home and I'm at work. So tonight.

Until then here are internet pictures!

mimic-600.jpg

Tang_100426_PS.jpg

No, no, candy basslets are hard to find, these tangs are in a class of their own.

I'm still in shock. I knew the store had the mimic blennies but I was really surprised to see the tangs. I didn't even see them on the first pass. It was the second time through the store I saw them. I went way over my budget for both, but I had to have them for my final fish. I've been on a waiting list of a few sites for a while now for a white tail tang. I thought I would never get one much less happen across one. And he is the real deal, looks just like the picture above.

I got lucky

WOW! I would never have guessed either. I didn't even know there was a tang with a white tail. He's gorgeous! Looking forward to pictures of him in your tank :).

jedimasterben

The weird thing is that there are no restrictions on those fish, nor are they rare in the wild, yet they are simply not collected. I'd gladly pay big bucks for one, but it's just not possible to get them. :(

Which LFS in Milwaukee? I am from there. Nice fish!

Best fish! Not sure if they still have any. I was there on Sunday

Best fish! Not sure if they still have any. I was there on Sunday

I wouldn't be able to go there anyways. I live in California now :) But I have been the Best Fish before. It is an ok place.

Oh geeze I see that now that you are in CA.

I love Best Fish. Best prices around and a great selection. It's way better than the Madison stores though Living Art is moving to a larger location.

Anyway I came home from lunch so I could post pictures. Hopefully this weekend I can get better ones.

blenny_zps30d94352.jpg

fasttang_zpsdc017faa.jpg

fasttang2_zps52ea2672.jpg

Very awesome selection. I never saw either of those before, or heard of them for that matter. What an awfully cute blenny.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how I missed your post about new fish! I don't normally like tangs at all, but I love that one's white tail! Such a cool fish and an amazing find! Also, I've been keeping an eye out for those new blennies locally and haven't seen any. Super cute!

• 2 weeks later...

13984081404_89e9123676_b.jpg

omgomgomg

The first views of my new light. I can't wait for it to be here.

In other news. I had Icarus out last night. He was jumpy at first, but really calmed down. He sat on my knee for the longest time while I was on the computer. He is so freaking cute. It's nice to have a reptile to hang out with on days my snakes are digesting. They can't be handled for 2-3 days after they eat and they ate Monday night.

If it's the 24" Duo, it's $650.

:blink:

It's one of the best looking lights around though. Jeez. Will that cover a 65 gallon tank?

Archived