Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

THE OFFICIAL ASK ALBERT THIEL THREAD

ZephNYC

I bought a Forest Fire monti a couple of months ago apparently they are a little temperamental. Anyway a couple of weeks (no more) after I put my forest fire in 2 tips bleached and I thought I was going to loose it. Then it stabilised and it has now started to grow. I think the cause was too high alk as my test kit said 15kdh it's now down to 10,2 so I think that's what's done it. The tips are still dead but it's now basing out and new tips have grown. I hope so as it's one of the nicest FF I or most people have seen. I think the coral will grow over the dead tips. Here it is now.

20160119_202650_zpsdutdswlf.jpg

That is beautiful! I have a small spongodes doing something similar, looks like it'll recover to me

• Like 1

My sump. Pic taken 10 mins ago. I have packed a lot in some items you can hardly see

20160118_191935_zps3i4nud2i.jpg

Lots of stuff! I would just do daily 25% water changes; all that equipment is too confusing. Once you get past a simple 2 part doser I am clueless :)

• Like 2

Lots of stuff! I would just do daily 25% water changes; all that equipment is too confusing. Once you get past a simple 2 part doser I am clueless :)

My doser is only 2 part but I have yet to kick it in. want to use it for Alk and mag but so far I have had no need to start it up lol

• Like 1

My doser is only 2 part but I have yet to kick it in. want to use it for Alk and mag but so far I have had no need to start it up lol

All those pellets, red lights, pipes, yikes!

For now I will stick with AIO

• Like 1

All those pellets, red lights, pipes, yikes!

For now I will stick with AIO

Nope no pellets that's my calc reactor but so far it;s also supplying mag as well hence I have not had to dose,

• Like 2

Nope no pellets that's my calc reactor but so far it;s also supplying mag as well hence I have not had to dose,

Oh, thats cool. I just dose Ca and Alk with a Jebao thingy. B-ionic 1g containers, lasts me about 6 months.

• Like 2

Picked up my new tank today. Custom made, slightly more than 36" wide by 24" high by 15" front to back. Made from 3/4" acrylic all around and 1" acrylic for the top to keep everything stable. Built in nearly coast to coast overflow, no inner box or siphon overflows for this beauty.

I'll take some pics later, but I've gotta say it looks like Advanced Acrylics did an amazing job. :)

• Like 1

Picked up my new tank today. Custom made, slightly more than 36" wide by 24" high by 15" front to back. Made from 3/4" acrylic all around and 1" acrylic for the top to keep everything stable. Built in nearly coast to coast overflow, no inner box or siphon overflows for this beauty.

I'll take some pics later, but I've gotta say it looks like Advanced Acrylics did an amazing job. :)

+ 1

5 Myth about Cleaner Wrasse

http://www.saltwatersmarts.com/5-cleaner-wrasse-myths-labroides-6176/

Albert

I don't know where they get that they will waste away even if they learn to eat another food. I have 4 and they eat everything I throw at them. I have one in my display tank that's been in there for almost 3 years.

Yes Albert. As you know, I go for weird. Anyone can buy a light, but not this one. B)

+1 for another weird liker, lol.

atoll, I just got in 3 different colours of Leptastrea, they are really neat corals.

• Like 1

My mandarins spawned again last night. I was going to film them, but I was watching TV and was to lazy to get up. This was from a spawning a few years ago so just make believe it was from last night because they do it the same every time.
IMG_2312.jpg

• Like 2

Just shared that on my Aquareefers facebook forum Albert.

Thanks Les

Albert

My mandarins spawned again last night. I was going to film them, but I was watching TV and was to lazy to get up. This was from a spawning a few years ago so just make believe it was from last night because they do it the same every time.

IMG_2312.jpg

Looking good Paul

Albert

Now my defective Hydra has been fixed both will be going on my tank tomorrow afternoon fixed to the rear wall with my DIY brackets. The AI ones for them are reported to be costing between £60 to £70 each about $85 to $100. IMO that is a ridiculous price for a piece of bent metal and a couple of screws.My brackets have cost me about £11 each about $15, Photobucket is having an off day at the mo and it won't let me upload pic's just yet..

• Like 1

Now my defective Hydra has been fixed both will be going on my tank tomorrow afternoon fixed to the rear wall with my DIY brackets. The AI ones for them are reported to be costing between £60 to £70 each about $85 to $100. IMO that is a ridiculous price for a piece of bent metal and a couple of screws.My brackets have cost me about £11 each about $15, Photobucket is having an off day at the mo and it won't let me upload pic's just yet..

Yes that is indeed a LOT of some bent metal

Albert

• Like 1

A lot of companies have to get their profit from accessories since the product itself is in such a competitive market.

Albert we pay more here for our aquarium stuff than the US we even pay more than the rest of Europe for most things. Radions and Ai LED's are IMO all overpriced here and overpriced in general when you consider just what you are buying. Look at the 2 brackets above is one worth 6 times more than the other with the cheaper one being more complicated and more difficult to make with a lot of components. The other is a bit of flat bent metal with a couple of screws. Sure many people will buy them but to me it's a case of the emperors new clothes. However you pays your money and takes your pick.

• Like 3

Heh, and those ridiculous prices are why I have a MarsAqua light on my 70. ;)

and nothing wrong with that light at all. I ran 2 similar ones a while ago and a mate of mine has a stunning SPS tank running 2 cheap Chinese full spectrum LED's

• Like 1

Nice job Les

Albert

Albert we pay more here for our aquarium stuff than the US we even pay more than the rest of Europe for most things. Radions and Ai LED's are IMO all overpriced here and overpriced in general when you consider just what you are buying. Look at the 2 brackets above is one worth 6 times more than the other with the cheaper one being more complicated and more difficult to make with a lot of components. The other is a bit of flat bent metal with a couple of screws. Sure many people will buy them but to me it's a case of the emperors new clothes. However you pays your money and takes your pick.

Yes I know and it has been like that for as long as I can remember .....

Albert