inTank Media Baskets

Manta Ray Starphire Shallow

Mitch619

Here's a pic with the pump off.

A606CD19-8292-4832-AC80-B4B41B88C77E-8359-0000020614210FBC.jpg

Looks good! But does look like the lite needs to be up slightly higher to help with the shadows on the sides.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Mitch can you take a photo of the setup from the top? I just got my manta 18 in and have the same light fixture as you but can't decide how to mount it.

Thanks!

D3B164E2-9254-4253-99C7-8541426EF374-1834-0000013322B13291.jpg

F94B4DF3-6E00-494D-A1CD-A2515D0135D6-1834-000001331566108C.jpg

I added a small peice of acrylic to keep it stable.

For sure man. :D

Mitch - any name for the cap front and center? Looks sweet.

I don't know a name for it man. I bought it bleached last year. It used to be almost red when I had it under t5s. It's coloring back up now though.

Update!! :)

Nothing has changed yet. I'm about to order my tunze pump along with a few other things. Here's a pic of my favorite maxi anemone though!

A0D75190-2AA6-4B48-8322-E3CFA3CF88DC-1834-000001332DD225FB.jpg

Nice! Dude, I've heard bad stuff about maxi mini...something about them eating clowns..is that true?

I've had it for about 6 months with no problems. I feed it some krill once in a while. I wanna get some sexy shrimps so they can host it!

Deleted User 4

lolol I see. By the way, did you use flash while taking the ricordia photo? If not, I suggest that you lower the light intensity before you bleach the ricordias/palys.

lolol I see. By the way, did you use flash while taking the ricordia photo? If not, I suggest that you lower the light intensity before you bleach the ricordias/palys.

Yeah I lowered the light to about 25-35% it started to bleach most of my softies. They'll probably take a few weeks to recover.

Deleted User 4
Yeah I lowered the light to about 25-35% it started to bleach most of my softies. They'll probably take a few weeks to recover.

Ahh I see. Hhaha. What kind of corals you planning to get now?

I'm getting a few diatom spots on my new sand. I wasn't really sure what to expect when I transferred all my livestock from my Fluval edge. I transferred about 6-7.5 pounds of fully cured live rock, and 10 pounds of new live sand.

I was thinking of transferring the old sand, but I didn't want any nutrient problems so I bought new sand. The diatoms are not really noticeable because it's a small patch in the middle. I guess I might be going through a soft cycle? I doubt it though, my acro has excellent polyp extension and it has colored up better under my new lights. I guess arag-alive introduces a few nutrients into the tank...I'm waiting for the water to stabilize before I add any other corals or even any macro algae for that matter. I've had chaeto completely starve when introduced to a fresh tank.

In other news, I ordered my tunze return pump along with a finnex 100 watt heater and a 500ml container of purigen. That's all I need for now but I have my eye on the Frag-mags! I totally want to keep my monticaps on the back wall of the tank. I also want to add some more live rock and finally some corals! I'll be placing a fairly big coral order sometime in october.

mmm, no chalice, blastomussa? Sps would be nice haha. :happy:

Acro that tank baby!!

I don't really like chalices. Blastos are pretty cool though. Any cool online spots to buy nice corals?

Thanks for the picture Mitch. That's what I ended up doing too. What intensity levels are you keeping your ai nano at?

I haven't bought the controller yet... my settings with the touch screen are (approx):

Royal blue: 40

Blue: 40

White 30

I haven't seen any negative effects. I'm hoping I'll be able to blast it to

Royal blue: 60

Blue 55

White 45-50

I don't think I'll ever be able to raise it to 100% lol.

You?

My pump came last night! I set it up, and I must say I'm really impressed with how silent the pump is. I lowered it down to about 120 gph and the sand doesn't move at all now. I also finally set up my mp10. I'll post a pic tomorrow or later on!

IMG_2071.jpg

Sale was awhile ago, got mine at the same time. Thankfully I didn't have all the issues Mitch did, but mine did also have the nasty black goo from the adhesive bubble wrap used to package the unit.

You not liking your Kessil?

Deleted User 4
Sale was awhile ago, got mine at the same time. Thankfully I didn't have all the issues Mitch did, but mine did also have the nasty black goo from the adhesive bubble wrap used to package the unit.

You not liking your Kessil?

I see. I think I wouldn't hesitate to take an ai nano sol over kessils... Thinking about it ahah.

Deleted User 4
Weren't you trying to convince someone to get the JBJ Unibody? :P

Yeah, I was planning on getting that as well... But I just love the touch screen features on the ai nano sol too much. Can't help it ahha.

The jbj unibody is second after ai nano. :D

Archived