Innovative Marine Aquariums

Manta Ray Starphire Shallow

Mitch619

Deleted User 4

Dude, I am so stoked about this upcoming setup. I agree too, like when I got my manta ray at my door. I had it setup the same day at night.....I was that desperate into not waiting ahha.

If I were you, I'd go check out Ikea, and some other furniture stores. Some of those can work really well as a classy stand for your manta ray ahha.

What about the rocks? Where you trying to buy your rocks from? I recommend BRS haha.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dude, I am so stoked about this upcoming setup. I agree too, like when I got my manta ray at my door. I had it setup the same day at night.....I was that desperate into not waiting ahha.

If I were you, I'd go check out Ikea, and some other furniture stores. Some of those can work really well as a classy stand for your manta ray ahha.

What about the rocks? Where you trying to buy your rocks from? I recommend BRS haha.

I might just buy from them. Reefcleaners has a nice price for 15 pounds shipped though. I need some extra rock for my fowlr. I'll check out the brs rock though. Those guys have awesome stuff

Deleted User 4
I might just buy from them. Reefcleaners has a nice price for 15 pounds shipped though. I need some extra rock for my fowlr. I'll check out the brs rock though. Those guys have awesome stuff

Ahh I see. Well, I can definitely share with you my experiences with reefcleaners.....I ordered 15lbs of dry rocks from reefcleaners back then when I had my nanocube24 and no manta ray 18....And only two rocks were white and clean looking like the BRS rocks...the rest of them were brown, and yellow....I was frankly upset because I requested them to ship me all pure white dry rocks, and they shipped me the majority being brown, yellow....so I gave away my 10lbs of Reefcleaners' ugly dry rocks to the guy who bought my nanocube24 when I received my manta ray. The two pieces of dry rocks you see in my current setup right now are the 2 rocks where it began as the 2 reefcleaners pure-white, dry rocks back when I had my nanocube24...

IMG_2251.jpg

The rest of the rocks...

IMG_2262.jpg

That does suck a bit. I wonder why they sent brown-ass rock after you specified white? Oh well... They are the best place to buy CUCs though.

Quick question, do you know the length of the AI nano arm? I found a thread talking about it a while back, but I can't find it anymore...

Deleted User 4

Hmmm.....you should probably ask kleinreef. He's pretty active on here and can respond asap to your question. I have no idea on the mountings....sites don't even specify the measurements either...lol.

Check out this guy's tank. 18 x 18 x 14. And he has great coverage from the ai nano sol.

Aqua Lab 18

Excited to hear (and see) your plans finally coming to fruition. Although the Kessil and JBJ would be good options, I'm with IIX on the AI Nano....I'd go with that in a heartbeat and call it a day. If the "disco" effect is too much, you could always see if they A) offer different optics B) raise it up an inch or two or C) I'm sure IIX would take it off your hands :)

Great job on planning it all out so far.

-Adam

Excited to see your new tank! Even though my fledgling 16gal is just taking off, I'm already thinking about my 2nd tank & I like the quality of the Pico tanks ;)

To add my $0.02, I recently (as in, arrived today) bought the 15lb dry rock listing from Reefcleaners, & got 5 nice pieces that were all a clean white. I only ended up adding 1 to my existing set up, but of the 2 I rinsed they were barely dusty.

Thanks guys, but I've run into a problem...

I can't seem to find a suitable location for the tank :huh:

I've literally been thinking all day. I wanted to get a stand made for it, but I really don't want to have another tank setup downstairs...

I can't fit a stand in any room upstairs. I tried my office/guest room and the only place it fits is on my work desk. I refuse to have a tank in my room because I like to sleep in silence. I don't really wanna place my tank right next to my documents and laptop... I have to do major changes in any room if I want to set this up. Right now I would love to have this in my office upstairs. I just need to figure out how to make space...

Deleted User 4

Lol. Just get rid of all your other tanks by taking it down and selling it, and give special care to the manta ray.... This is what I did. ;)

Keep it simple and minimal in my opinion.

The new, modern and innovative style I love.

Lol. Just get rid of all your other tanks by taking it down and selling it, and give special care to the manta ray.... This is what I did. ;)

Keep it simple and minimal in my opinion.

The new, modern and innovative style I love.

I know but I got attached to my current fish! I can't just take them to the LFS and think about them dying! So I'm not gonna tear down my solana fowlr.

I'm just gonna redesign my office. It's about time anyway. I'm gonna get rid of the guest bed and buy a small couch instead. That will free up space and I'll finally be able to have a tank in my office.

This build will have to be put on hold for a bit. I'm still gonna buy the AI nano this month though! can't pass up the 10% discount everyone is offering. For the rocks, I'm taking your advice on the BRS rocks. I have an mp10 waiting to get used right now. I'm pretty much done with the equipment. Any recommendations for sand?

Man, its pretty hard to have this beautiful glass box just sitting around. I'm pushing for a mid september deadline. The latest would be october. I'm determined to have this be the best work I've done so far. I'm calling up my friend tomorrow and I'm gonna have him build a stand similar to the solana stand with a few modifications of my own.

I have decided I will run it fish-less since I want this to be sps dominated. I'm also working on a DIY mini media reactor. I'll get started on the reactor this weekend. I plan on having a couple of sexy shrimp, snails, and a ton of pods, micro brittles, and a few little clams. This will most likely change as the actual tank gets built, but I'm pretty set on the fishless aspect of it.

Deleted User 4

Love the fishless aspect. But really?? How long are you going to hold off on the tank.....lol. I don't think I can wait any longer because really I already waited more than 2 months to see this tank up. lol.

Could you post some pictures of the new tank?

One thing this hobby has taught me is patience. And it's really being tested right now LOL

Yeah man, I won't have anything set up till September. I'll post some pics of the tank tomorrow when there's light.

I promise this tank will not disappoint.

All this talk! And Still NO PICS!

c'mon man!

Just got word that Mine is in the final prep stages...

wish I knew what that meant....

Well its not a pic of the tank but its a start!

WoW.jpg

I ordered my AI nano today! I'm pretty excited right now.

F******* tease

Here's a comparison of the front starphire glass and the regular glass used on the back and bottom. Its pretty crazy when seen from the side. Chris used top quality starphire glass. This makes my solana's glass look like crap!

Starphire

IMG_1997.jpg

Regular

IMG_1998.jpg

Here is a picture of the new chambers with space for wires. I have the top downstairs right now and I won't be using it because I have a skimmer. So that was dumb of me, but oh well...

IMG_1994.jpg

And finally, here is a picture of my tank with its equipment waiting to be used!

IMG_2001.jpg

Here are some fun shots comparing both glass types again:

IMG_1996.jpg

IMG_1995.jpg

Deleted User 4

Wow, how did you take those shots of the glasses??? It looks complicated but cool as well.

The manta ray looks sweet. Am so looking forward to this being wet on a nice looking stand, running under the ai nano sol.

I just put my iphone right on the edge of the glass and had a light pointing into it from the opposite side. I wasn't expecting that to happen.

F******* tease

I was trying to be a total tease but IIX is like a teenage boy locked in a room with a hot girl. You do the math B)

He has no patience! LOL

Archived