inTank Media Baskets

Manta Ray Starphire Shallow

Mitch619

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would go with the jbj unibody 54w Leds on that manta ray of yours. :D

I don't know man those new wireless controllers that AI is releasing look crazy. Also, do you know if you can change out the led pucks in the nano? That would be awesome to add one with some red and green.

Deleted User 4
I don't know man those new wireless controllers that AI is releasing look crazy. Also, do you know if you can change out the led pucks in the nano? That would be awesome to add one with some red and green.

Do you mean the ai vega??? I'm not too sure...need to do some more research on those.

Do you mean the ai vega??? I'm not too sure...need to do some more research on those.

No the nano. I know the vega and the nano will have the same led arrays. I'm just wondering if the nano's LEDs are interchangeable.

Deleted User 4
No the nano. I know the vega and the nano will have the same led arrays. I'm just wondering if the nano's LEDs are interchangeable.

Yeah, I don't think the leds for ai nano is interchangeable...

Hmmm I've been reading some nano tank builds on reefcentral, etc....

Damn, quite amazed about the ai nano....definitely considering it for my next tank build, elos mini...lol

check out this guy's build...mic209's mr.aqua 25...as you can see the dimensions of that tank is very similar to the elos mini's dimensions...the spread of the ai nano is perfect on such a tank.

Yeah, I don't think the leds for ai nano is interchangeable...

Hmmm I've been reading some nano tank builds on reefcentral, etc....

Damn, quite amazed about the ai nano....definitely considering it for my next tank build, elos mini...lol

check out this guy's build...mic209's mr.aqua 25...as you can see the dimensions of that tank is very similar to the elos mini's dimensions...the spread of the ai nano is perfect on such a tank.

If I didn't like pico tanks so much, I'd probably try the elos mini. Maybe in a few years, I'll finally do a tank build with a sump... I have heard rumors that elos tanks are only straphire in the front glass. I'm ok with that but that was a real surprise to me when I head that.

Deleted User 4
If I didn't like pico tanks so much, I'd probably try the elos mini. Maybe in a few years, I'll finally do a tank build with a sump... I have heard rumors that elos tanks are only straphire in the front glass. I'm ok with that but that was a real surprise to me when I head that.

Yeah, I'm on the same boat with you. I'm planning on getting an elos mini in a yr or even later....and it too will be my 1st build with a sump.

I've never heard of that rumor...hope it's not true, but even if it is, I would still buy it in a heart beat ahah.

Who did you hear it from?? Could you find the article/thread with the implications?

Check out this guy's tank!! Sweet popping eyecandies.

I saw it Here . I think it's only limited to the mini though.

Check out this guy's tank!! Sweet popping eyecandies.

Wow awesome colors! Im thinking about going fish less in my manta ray. Corals are so much easier to keep when there is no fish.

Deleted User 4
I saw it Here . I think it's only limited to the mini though.

Wow awesome colors! Im thinking about going fish less in my manta ray. Corals are so much easier to keep when there is no fish.

Whatt!!! No way. You have to have a clownfish at least...like me. :D

I think those elos tanks were probably like that back in 2008....Doubt that it's still 3 panel non-low iron glass for 2012 and above ahah.

Whatt!!! No way. You have to have a clownfish at least...like me. :D

I think those elos tanks were probably like that back in 2008....Doubt that it's still 3 panel non-low iron glass for 2012 and above ahah.

I had my fluval edge fishless for the first 4-5 months and the tank was spotless. No cyano, no algae growing on the glass. And I did a biweekly 50% water change. It looked amazing. I'm gonna experiment with it like that for a while.

Deleted User 4
I had my fluval edge fishless for the first 4-5 months and the tank was spotless. No cyano, no algae growing on the glass. And I did a biweekly 50% water change. It looked amazing. I'm gonna experiment with it like that for a while.

Wait, 50% water change every 3-4 days??? That's insane man, wouldn't your corals bleach out?? lol Way to clean imo.

Wait, 50% water change every 3-4 days??? That's insane man, wouldn't your corals bleach out?? lol Way to clean imo.

Meaning once every two weeks. Apparently biweekly can mean both lol

Deleted User 4
Meaning once every two weeks. Apparently biweekly can mean both lol

Ohh I see. But wait, 50% is still alot for biweekly lol. Maybe 30% is fine imo. haha.

Ohh I see. But wait, 50% is still alot for biweekly lol. Maybe 30% is fine imo. haha.

Right now I do 75-85 water change. I aerate my water for a couple of days and make sure the salinity, ph and temperature is spot on. Huge water changes can be done safely. I had bad algae outbreaks in the past. I'm a little over cautious about things now lol

Hey mitch! I saw that you were looking at PAR led bulbs for this tank. Sorry if this is trolling but I did a review of the ledtric bulb in the lighting forum. Could be an option for you new tank, check it out if you want to.

Deleted User 4
Right now I do 75-85 water change. I aerate my water for a couple of days and make sure the salinity, ph and temperature is spot on. Huge water changes can be done safely. I had bad algae outbreaks in the past. I'm a little over cautious about things now lol

lol wow....well I'm sure for the manta ray, if you do 50% water changes or higher....your tank won't be the same way you expected as from your fluval. Considering the fact that you're going fishless, I'd say you do best at 25% water change every 3 weeks for the manta ray18. That's if you don't feed the corals of course. I don't feed my corals at all so I only need to do water change of 30% every 2-3 weeks.

Deleted User 4

Man, I really love the fact that the ai nano has a touch module on its front base....but I've heard that the light is poor at handling sps....Even jbj unibody has more positive reviews based on coral growth/colors. But to be honest, the ai nano is becoming more and more innovative...it's like categorizing ai as the apple version of reef lighting industry ahahah.

Man, I really love the fact that the ai nano has a touch module on its front base....but I've heard that the light is poor at handling sps....Even jbj unibody has more positive reviews based on coral growth/colors. But to be honest, the ai nano is becoming more and more innovative...it's like categorizing ai as the apple version of reef lighting industry ahahah.

Yeah I heard that too. I'm gonna do some research on that. I'm planning on going sps dominant.

Bad news today!

My dog was crying in pain around 5:30 pm today. I called all the veterinarians and they were all closed by 5. One of them answered and told me they could do see my dog but it would be a $300 walk-in fee along with a $80 consulting fee, plus whatever medicine and treatment he needed. I told them the fee was a little harsh since they had only closed 30 minutes ago. They only budged on the walk-in fee and brought it down to $200.

Anyways, I got there and they gave my dog an x ray and found that he swallowed a pretty big piece of bone. They said it was not enough to kill him but its hurting him on the way out. They prescribed him asome pain killers, gave him an injection, gave him a de-wormer shot, tried to sell me a giant $45 bag of food and charged me an extra $50 because her nurse helped her pick my dog up!!

Total charge was going to be $650!!!!!!!!!! For doing nothing!

I argued and brought it down to $450 but we almost had an all-out scream fest. She was so disrespectful to my wife saying she did this to my dog for giving him a bone. Excuse me, but we treat our dogs like family. She didn't even ask me if I wanted the de-wormer or the dog food! She just charged us for them. I have my dogs monthly worm pills already. So I ended up spending my AI nano money today... I really hate that they treated my family and my dog this way. Especially after being loyal customers for 3 years. I've never haggled her till she did this crap. And to top it off she said blue buffalo was #### food and that I should put my dog on science diet! what a crazy #####!

Deleted User 4

Fu$$.....that's a jib....Hate people like that....They probably overcharged you on everything thinking that you were either rich, too nice, etc...but something like that has happened to me before and I got away from it.

Hope everything goes well with the dog...Yeah, take as much time as you need on this tank. No rush man, patience is all it takes to be golden.

Finally took my mp10 appart. I'm ordering the bearings right now. Can't wait for it to be silent! I must say these bearings are such crap its not even funny. They barley spin.

I ordered THESE I have been doing a lot of research and those seem to be pretty good. I'll do a follow-up when the bearings get here.

IMG_1384.jpg

The new bearings I ordered are ceramic hybrids. They are rated ABEC #5 so that's cool. Total came out to $23.90 shipped.

How is your dog doing? Is your dog suppose to pass the bone? Or?

Yup, he did already. It was a pretty big piece of bone too! I wanted to snap a picture of the dump but it was at night and you couldn't really see it... I wish I had my $450 back now! what a thief.

I feel your pain. My chihuahua one night was gasping for air so we rushed her to the animal hospital. They called it leaching instead of gasping. They first told us 400 dollars for the visit and the xray to make sure something wasn't in her throat. They found nothing on the xray. They wanted to keep her overnight I said no way. Gave me some BS medicine and we left after paying 440 dollars. Next morning I took her to my regular vet who we love and they checked her out. He said her throat is swollen and inflammed kinda like when we get strep throat. He gave us some pills out the door we went for 78 dollars. My dog was fine in 5 days.HELLO couldn't the animal hospital done that for me. Crooks

Archived