Pod Your Reef

Manta Ray Starphire Shallow

Mitch619

Following along closely. I just had an MP10 dry side replaced under warranty. It got hot one day and then came detached from wet side and then made a loud buzz.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mp10s are always gonna make a slight wine. But so do other powerheads that are out of the water. ;)

Yup. I finally remember what it used to sound like. I can live with the slight whine. Before it was so loud I could hear it on the whole first floor of my house.

Sooo still no MR18???? Hahaha

The wait is killing me tooooo :P

Nope! I've been hoping to get a shipment notification this whole week. I got my aquatic life 115 skimmer and my refugium today though ;) I wanted to make a review on the refugium but I'm stuck doing my wife's managerial accounting homework! I didn't even do that good when I took it. She should not be trusting me :D

Deleted User 4
Nope! I've been hoping to get a shipment notification this whole week. I got my aquatic life 115 skimmer and my refugium today though ;) I wanted to make a review on the refugium but I'm stuck doing my wife's managerial accounting homework! I didn't even do that good when I took it. She should not be trusting me :D

lololol Wait....I know you're not an accountant....so I'm guessing your wife showed alittle interest in accounting and is now attending college to get a degree in it? Hmmm weird ahha.

lololol Wait....I know you're not an accountant....so I'm guessing your wife showed alittle interest in accounting and is now attending college to get a degree in it? Hmmm weird ahha.

Yup, she wants to be an accountant. I have a bachelor degree in business administration with a concentration in marketing. She is just starting out. And man, I totally forgot a lot of this stuff. I only took two accounting classes...

Deleted User 4
Yup, she wants to be an accountant. I have a bachelor degree in business administration with a concentration in marketing. She is just starting out. And man, I totally forgot a lot of this stuff. I only took two accounting classes...

Hhaah yeah, because you're just a business major.....she should make friends with her classmates so that she can get help whenever....It's a good strategy to do well in the class. ahaha

I'm not surprised that you forgot all about the 2 classes....you graduated like what, 3-5 years ago??hahha

She should be fine with the major if she likes looking at numbers... :lol:

Hhaah yeah, because you're just a business major.....she should make friends with her classmates so that she can get help whenever....It's a good strategy to do well in the class. ahaha

I'm not surprised that you forgot all about the 2 classes....you graduated like what, 3-5 years ago??hahha

She should be fine with the major if she likes looking at numbers... :lol:

3 years ago yeah. I'm actually doing it because she had to go visit her grandma for her birthday today about 70 miles away.... She asked me if I could do it because her profesor is a dick and wants the problems turned in tonight before 12.

She won't be back till 12. So I'm stuck doing it. I tell you, all the journalizing is driving me crazy! I'm almost done though just need 2 more.

Deleted User 4

Yeah, managerial accounting is all about general ledgers and journals....I took it like 2 yrs ago....Pretty much forgot everything but I should be able to refresh easily. Good luck man ahah. B)

jedimasterben

I saw your post from a week or so ago in tako's thread about how you replaced your MP10's bearings and which to use. I have been meaning to order a set and get mine replaced on one of mine but never got around to it until today. Grabbed a pair of them from your link, and they're actually somewhat local to me, to. Soon I'll have a silent MP10. :D

I saw your post from a week or so ago in tako's thread about how you replaced your MP10's bearings and which to use. I have been meaning to order a set and get mine replaced on one of mine but never got around to it until today. Grabbed a pair of them from your link, and they're actually somewhat local to me, to. Soon I'll have a silent MP10. :D

They worked awesomely man :lol:

The only hard part of the process is removing the glue that's around the mp10. Also, if you have a newer mp10 model, you may have to buy a bearing press from ebay to get the bearings off. Other than that, smooth sailing LOL

I didn't bother to glue the mp10 back together. It holds well without it. and If I ever need new bearings, It will be that much easier.

I totally got my tank yesterday!

So far I have everything I need and I bought it all used here on nano-reef.

nano-glo —45 shipped

reefkeeper light head unit (I had an extra pc4 from my other reefkeeper) — 40 shipped

Aqutic life mini skimmer 115— 30 shipped

Total cost $115

I saved about $100

Things I need:

Stand

AI nano

nimble nano

sand

rock

Pictures tomorrow, I've been working all ####ing week.

Deleted User 4

Dude, if I were you, I would order 2-3 large dry rocks from BRS. Make some sexy islands~!!

haha, you should check out some furniture stores for a nice looking stand. Ikea would work ahah.

As for the lights, I'm not sure if the ai nano sol would work well on the manta ray due to its shallow size. It would work well on a 18 x 18 x 18 but not so sure about a 9 x 18 x 18. So better give it some more thoughts ahah.

The jbj unibody would work well on it ahah.

Dude, if I were you, I would order 2-3 large dry rocks from BRS. Make some sexy islands~!!

haha, you should check out some furniture stores for a nice looking stand. Ikea would work ahah.

As for the lights, I'm not sure if the ai nano sol would work well on the manta ray due to its shallow size. It would work well on a 18 x 18 x 18 but not so sure about a 9 x 18 x 18. So better give it some more thoughts ahah.

The jbj unibody would work well on it ahah.

I haven't put much thought into the AI nano. Why do you think it won't work? I can always dim it. That guy kleinreef, with the youtube videos, has it over his fluval which is actually a bit shorter than 9"

edit: Oh you mean spread... lol What are the optic on it?

Deleted User 4
I haven't put much thought into the AI nano. Why do you think it won't work? I can always dim it. That guy kleinreef, with the youtube videos, has it over his fluval which is actually a bit shorter than 9"

Yeah, but I don't think the fluval is as wide as the manta ray. Manta Ray is 18 x 18 which is pretty wide to cover when there's only a few inches above the sea level(9inches or less) for an ai nano sol to cover the spread. It might work, but I'm not sure.

Yeah, I've been watching kleinreef's youtube videos and haha, his tank is doing great with the ai nano sol. I don't think his tank is as wide as manta ray, and you can kinda tell that anything that goes wider than that fluval, won't be a full spread considering the shallowness.

Actually, I just went to look at my manta ray and estimate if it'll work. There's a 90% chance that the ai nano sol fits well on your manta ray. fingerscrossed

This is just from the looks of it ahah

Yeah, but I don't think the fluval is as wide as the manta ray. Manta Ray is 18 x 18 which is pretty wide to cover when there's only a few inches above the sea level(9inches or less) for an ai nano sol to cover the spread. It might work, but I'm not sure.

Yeah, I've been watching kleinreef's youtube videos and haha, his tank is doing great with the ai nano sol. I don't think his tank is as wide as manta ray, and you can kinda tell that anything that goes wider than that fluval, won't be a full spread considering the shallowness.

I just checked, its an inch shorter at 17 wide. lol I was actually hoping it would not cover the edges since I hate cleaning the algae build-up on the walls. I always end up scratching the glass.

The other option would be a kessil. I like the jbj unibody, but since this tank is so small, I feel it might look like a giant light over it. Plus I love the top views thats you get with shallow tanks.

Now I'm just worried about the disco ball effect. That could be a deal breaker for me.

Deleted User 4

Yeah, you know what. I think you should still stick with the ai nano sol!. I love that light alot, and would love to see the same on your manta ray. It should be perfectly fine since I did a check-up on my manta ray just now. So looking forward to your setup haha. What about the stand? And the rocks haha.

Yeah, you know what. I think you should still stick with the ai nano sol!. I love that light alot, and would love to see the same on your manta ray. It should be perfectly fine since I did a check-up on my manta ray just now. So looking forward to your setup haha. What about the stand? And the rocks haha.

Stand has been on my mind a lot lately. I'm pretty crafty, but I have zero powertools. I have a friend that makes awesome stuff. I just don't know if I want to wait another 2-3 weeks.

for the rocks, I want to go with some reef cleaners rock. I need some more rock for Fowlr tank anyways so a 15 pound order would be pretty good. I think?

Archived