Coral Vue Hydros

Manta Ray Starphire Shallow

Mitch619

Yup I love the nano. I like being able to come home and change the look of the light. I really want to get the controller though. Are you getting ready to buy one?

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I decided my tank needed a media reactor. I got a few things from my garage together and I cam up with a mini media reactor. I got the tube from my old solana stock skimmer and I cut it down and added a small pump at the bottom. Right now I have purigen in a media bag in there and it seems to be doing a superb job. I have not cleaned the glass on my tank all week and its crystal clear.

Here's the run-down of my filtration:

Chamber one: Media reactor with purigen, aquatic life mini skimmer.

Chamber two (media basket): Filter floss, chemipure elite, chaeto algea.

And as a supplement, I'm changing 2.5 gallons of water every week.

My acro has polyp extension that makes it look like it has zoas for its polyps! So do my montis. My softies are not really doing so hot though. I might have to take them out and put them in my 4 gallon desktop tank.

Here's a quick video of my media reactor and mp10 wave action in the Mantaray.

Whatt!!! 2.5g every week??? I do that exact amount for like every 3weeks or a month lolol.

Why do you do so much?? lol

SPS my friend :slap: lol

I'm getting ready to stock this ##### up with a whole lot more sps. I've had problems with them loosing color and not having polyp extension in the past. I really don't want to lose any of my sps frags that I want to buy.

Deleted User 4

I see. Well, I just saw your video! Tank is looking sway, but I still suggest you sell or trade the huge montipora/plate coral in for store credit!! This way you have more room for more sps frags!

I see. Well, I just saw your video! Tank is looking sway, but I still suggest you sell or trade the huge montipora/plate coral in for store credit!! This way you have more room for more sps frags!

Seriously. both of those things need to go. I'll take it for trade when I go buy some corals next week.

Hahaha yuppp, just like that. Soo, other than sps, you planning on stocking with any clams or lps?

Any fish you have in mind?

I really want a small clam in there. Your clam was awesome! too bad it died. My black clown will probably go in there soon. He tore up all my rusty angel's fins last week. They just stopped being cool with each other out of nowhere. He's also getting pretty damn big. He looks like a mini killer whale. lol

Deleted User 4

lolol Yeah, about that baby clam....it arrived in poor conditions due to ice packs keeping it lower than 60 degrees and no plastic wrappings to secure the clam from jumping all over place in the bag, during the shipment.

You should get a maxima clam, I'm on the lookout for one in the local stores but all they really carry now are croceas.

Hahaha mini killer whale... name it willy.

lolol Yeah, about that baby clam....it arrived in poor conditions due to ice packs keeping it lower than 60 degrees and no plastic wrappings to secure the clam from jumping all over place in the bag, during the shipment.

You should get a maxima clam, I'm on the lookout for one in the local stores but all they really carry now are croceas.

Hahaha mini killer whale... name it willy.

His name is karl after karl pilkington from an idiot abroad. lol have you seen that show?

lol nope. Is it good?

Its on the science channel. I watch all that nerdy ####. My wife hates on me. I don't know how she hates on me when she watches the oxygen channel! Oxygen channel dude! I'd rather eat #### and throw up in my tank. hahahaha

Here are some pics I took! I sent my s100 to get repaired today! I'll get it back in a week or so. Both of these shots were taken with my new iPhone 5.

2604C1D1-DE24-49CA-8B87-D8CB9E6F97FA-952-000000895AECF8DF_zps1a9a3610.jpg

E7DFAFB0-D6F2-432D-8007-0E306C2D9ACA-952-000000897E37EE88_zps827c5e2e.jpg

Just wondering mitch. Do you normally purchase your livestock and hardware from online?

Why not lfs? :)

I live in south Texas about 200 miles from a LFS. There are maybe a handful of people that even know what reefing is in my town. I usually buy a bunch of corals when I visit more populated areas!

Deleted User 4
I live in south Texas about 200 miles from a LFS. There are maybe a handful of people that even know what reefing is in my town. I usually buy a bunch of corals when I visit more populated areas!

Ohhh I seeee. That makes so much more sense ahah. I'm going to send you a pm. :)

Archived