Innovative Marine Aquariums

Manta Ray Starphire Shallow

Mitch619

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I live in south Texas about 200 miles from a LFS. There are maybe a handful of people that even know what reefing is in my town. I usually buy a bunch of corals when I visit more populated areas!

LOL! Where in South Texas are ya???

TheKleinReef

I read this whole thread in my nutrition class. :) gotta admit I'm glad my name was dropped. I've been inactive on this forum for a while now because I get literally 2 replies per update so I just keep a log to myself now. But I'm glad the the ai nano is working out for you. I have the topless edge and keep it at around 35% and the colors look similar to yours. I'd like to completely covert my edge to a frag tank, but I was wondering where you got that hang on back refugium, that thing would be perfect for my edge.

Sorry for not responding, and great looking tank! I'm super jelly.

Here are my 4 new SPS frags! I am acclimating them on my sandbed for a week or so. I'll take them off their fragplugs when they look healthier. This is a ####ty phone pic. I'll be getting my camera back next week, so this will have to do for now...

074BEB74-EA1C-4C14-90EA-F7F58FF62B34-6578-00000388052A6D20.jpg

This is the hammer that my wife just HAD to have lol Its a purple tip! It still needs to heal from the shipping

8E591617-013E-4CF7-9B0C-DA076DDCCAAC-6578-000003880AD8EFC6.jpg

Love the new additions! I really need to get some SPS from Morgan once I get my Alk under control...

Thanks! Have you lost sps in your tank before?

Thanks! Have you lost sps in your tank before?

Well, I just got my first SPS, 3 frags during the Cherry Corals sale a few weeks ago. My pink mille went through some STN, but it looks like it might *fingers crossed* be stopping. I'm switching over to Red Sea Coral Pro salt in an attempt to get my Alk consistently higher, as my current water freshly mixed is reading at about 5-6 (Kent Marine & Brightwell NeoMarine).

I love that orange monti! & under the LEDs hopefully it'll stay orange :lol: I have an AI Nano too & am finding that my red Acans have shifted orange.

Well, I just got my first SPS, 3 frags during the Cherry Corals sale a few weeks ago. My pink mille went through some STN, but it looks like it might *fingers crossed* be stopping. I'm switching over to Red Sea Coral Pro salt in an attempt to get my Alk consistently higher, as my current water freshly mixed is reading at about 5-6 (Kent Marine & Brightwell NeoMarine).

I love that orange monti! & under the LEDs hopefully it'll stay orange :lol: I have an AI Nano too & am finding that my red Acans have shifted orange.

My red monticap turned orange under the leds too! I think my acan colored up to a pink hue, which is awesome, but it used to be red!

I might switch over to t5s if my colors don't get better by the end of the year. I'd rather be buying bulbs every year than having ####ty colors

jedimasterben
My red monticap turned orange under the leds too! I think my acan colored up to a pink hue, which is awesome, but it used to be red!

I might switch over to t5s if my colors don't get better by the end of the year. I'd rather be buying bulbs every year than having ####ty colors

I can tell you right now that they are not going to.

+1 to what Ben said. Since the Nano isn't full spectrum the colors won't shift back. It's why I'm painfully debating switching to a different LED setup.

Deleted User 4
+1 to what Ben said. Since the Nano isn't full spectrum the colors won't shift back. It's why I'm painfully debating switching to a different LED setup.

I think your blastos are doing perfectly fine under the ai nano!!!

jedimasterben
Both. :)

With cool white, you choose one - and it's growth. Without spectral supplementation, you lose colors between 490nm and 750nm, with reds, pinks, and oranges taking the hardest hit.

I think your blastos are doing perfectly fine under the ai nano!!!

Lol thanks, & I agree, but the Acans are sort of another story.

With cool white, you choose one - and it's growth. Without spectral supplementation, you lose colors between 490nm and 750nm, with reds, pinks, and oranges taking the hardest hit.

Yea, I've seen the red on my Acans already lose the red-ness.

Deleted User 4

Hey Mitch!!!

Do you have some spare time this weekend?? Reef2reef are accepting more entries for the next following week. I was wondering maybe I can make a new raw footage of my tank and have you edit/add Reef2reef advertisements in it like you did for coca nut commercial haha.

Yupp. That still doesn't change my enticing thoughts of purchasing an ai nano though!! Hhaha.

jedimasterben
Yupp. That still doesn't change my enticing thoughts of purchasing an ai nano though!! Hhaha.

lol

But as I always say - if you plan on keeping a tank full of colorful coral, you'll want to use a light that will keep them that way.

Hey Mitch!!!

Do you have some spare time this weekend?? Reef2reef are accepting more entries for the next following week. I was wondering maybe I can make a new raw footage of my tank and have you edit/add Reef2reef advertisements in it like you did for coca nut commercial haha.

I do have some free time! What were you thinking?

Deleted User 4
lol

But as I always say - if you plan on keeping a tank full of colorful coral, you'll want to use a light that will keep them that way.

Hmm I think lps should be able to stay the same under ai!! :happy:

I do have some free time! What were you thinking?

Hmmm A raw footage of my tank?? You can add a song and cover title page in the beginning and end, maybe in the midway of the film? I don't know....something like your coca commercial haha.

Archived