Pod Your Reef

Manta Ray Starphire Shallow

Mitch619

Those look like skateboard wheel bearings.You check into that and see if they are the same because i skate and use bearings called reds and they are awesome for the price.Like 15 bucks for a pack of 8.The bearings in the link you posted do not look the same as the ones in the pic.If this info is not accurate please just disregard.

The bearings on a skateboard are: 8 mm x 22mm x 7mm/Metric.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Those look like skateboard wheel bearings.You check into that and see if they are the same because i skate and use bearings called reds and they are awesome for the price.Like 15 bucks for a pack of 8.The bearings in the link you posted do not look the same as the ones in the pic.If this info is not accurate please just disregard.

The bearings on a skateboard are: 8 mm x 22mm x 7mm/Metric.

Yeah I used to skateboard back when I was 16. These bearings are 7mm x 14mm x 5mm. Not only that, skateboarding bearings aren't meant to be used highspeed. These bearings are ceramic hybrids which are a world of difference. Do you remember the bones ceramics? those went for like $200! Those bones bearings go awesome with some spitfire wheels though!

Yeah I used to skateboard back when I was 16. These bearings are 7mm x 14mm x 5mm. Not only that, skateboarding bearings aren't meant to be used highspeed. These bearings are ceramic hybrids which are a world of difference. Do you remember the bones ceramics? those went for like $200! Those bones bearings go awesome with some spitfire wheels though!

Yes i have used the ceramics they are sick for transportation like getting around or on vert ramps but i ride street so id tear them up too fast also they are a little fast for my liking.These are the ones i normally ride http://www.bonesbearings.com/products/bear...nes-super-reds/.

Mmmmm, so I'm guessing the manta ray should be here anytime soon.... B)

Chris said before the 24th! I'm taking my time fixing things till then.

Deleted User 4
Chris said before the 24th! I'm taking my time fixing things till then.

Wow!!! He took that long??? It's almost a 2month frame time.....business must be too good to be true for him ahah.

Wow!!! He took that long??? It's almost a 2month frame time.....business must be too good to be true for him ahah.

yeah, he wasn't kidding when he said 6 week build-time on his website!

I'm ok with it since its a quality product

Deleted User 4
yeah, he wasn't kidding when he said 6 week build-time on his website!

I'm ok with it since its a quality product

Ahhh, I agree with you ahha.

Sorry to hear about your dog! And I can't believe they tried to tell you science diet was better than blue... That stuff is garbage!

Hope you find the parts for the mp10 too :)

Sorry to hear about your dog! And I can't believe they tried to tell you science diet was better than blue... That stuff is garbage!

Hope you find the parts for the mp10 too :)

Thanks, my dog is doing great now! And I ordered the bearings to my mp10. Now I just need to sketch up a stand design so I can get it built.

Ohh you mean the fluval? As the frag tank? :mellow:

yeah I'm gonna set it up barebottom and make some eggcrate stands on it. Or maybe just order a few frag racks.

Deleted User 4
You did that on purpose didn't you!? lolol

Hahaha yeah. You had to figure me out, didn't you..

This should be played out as a drinking game...everytime I say "Ahhh I see", everyone needs to take a shot each.

Hahaha yeah. You had to figure me out, didn't you..

This should be played out as a drinking game...everytime I say "Ahhh I see", everyone needs to take a shot each.

I'm sorry! I observe all of the people I talk with. I can pretty much impersonate any of my friends. I've always looked for patterns in people's personalities. It's quite fun.

Deleted User 4
I'm sorry! I observe all of the people I talk with. I can pretty much impersonate any of my friends. I've always looked for patterns in people's personalities. It's quite fun.

Hahaha no worries. Guess we're friends then. B)

Looking forward to this tank. I must also mention that I rocked Bones Bearings with Spitfire Wheels and Independant trucks back in the day.

Success! My mp10 is quiet again. I can still hear a slight whine, but that's only when it's ramping. The difference is definitely noticeable. To top it off, the bearings aren't even broken in. I'll report back in a couple of days. I advice anyone who has noise issues to do this. It's worth it. Can't wait for my mantaray to get here!

Here are a few photos:

0db85ddc.jpg

e7f90cb5.jpg

Nice DIY, I would love to know how these last.

From what I've read on ceramic hybrid bearings, they last 3 times longer, are 40-50% more efficient and need very little maintenance. I also learned that regular metal bearings, such as the ones included in the mp10, need regular maintenance. I don't know why ecotech didn't make the dry side easier to service. And from what I've read, the newer mp10s have a design change which makes it almost impossible to remove the bearings without a bearing press. That seems a little sneaky to me. They know their product is having issues. They'd rather you buy a new dry side than repair it yourself. I love my mp10 but this is just bad customer service. Especially since the bearings wear out after the one year warranty.

Archived