SaltCritters.com

An addicted reefer chic's 40B w/ GHL Mitras & 2x30g display fuges

MeanGreenEyes

MeanGreenEyes
Sorry tohear about the lights :(

Sounds like you are going to need a moving van to haul back all those corals!!! :)

Oh and very cute mamals you got there, canine, feline and a primate!!

Thank you! There will be he11 to pay if I don't get my lights before thanksgiving. This guy is playing games with the wrong woman...if he's scamming me. I guess only time will tell. :(

No moving van needed to bring stuff home because I live within walking distance of the swap! Oh yeah...it's going down in less than 24 hours. omgomgomg omgomgomg

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you...he better hope it's rectified fast or a not so nice/polite side is going to come out of me. I'm beyond livid, mainly because I was told that it'd be shipped immediately the morning after payment. I understand vendor's/dealer's are busy, deal with a lot of orders and I'm not the only person being taken care of, but it's bad for business when you don't stick to your word and treat paying customer's so rudely.

Preordered for the swap (off the top of my head):

Red Milli

Ora Red Planet

Ora Tri-Color Valida

Aussie Yellow with pink tips

Bali Green Slimer

Tyree Pink Lemonade

ORA Pearlberry

Garf Purple Bonsai

Purple Polyped birdsnest

Tubbs Yellow Birdsnest

**Setosa** just aquired Woot!!

Also got:

6 Red Mangroves

Red Titan Macro Algae

4 polyps of Rasta's

Oysterfeast

Purple lephastrea

Some gorgeous gorgs/fans

Also, got a second mp10...

There's more can't remember...still want a frag of setosa, a new maxima clam and want starter cultures of phyto and tisbe pods, display macros, a female green mandarin, etc.

Jesus girl...your'e getting all that ??

Heres an ewesome kevins blue nps gorg that I just got in. Sorry I havnt taken pics of the rest yet. Ive been working on my "scape" and when its ready I'll show you the whole anchilada..

dsc0931e.jpg

Can I get a frag of that puppy please?

No not Zephs whole enchilada! :lol:

OMG!!! A reefer that I bought 5 of the SPS frags off of just messaged me offering me that setosa frag that I was looking for as a freebie b/c he said he had just checked out my tank thread for the first time and that I have a very cool tank! OMG!!! omgomgomg That just definitely brightened my mood after the light issue.

I thought this was appropriate to share at this opportune time. :lol:

Saw this and thought of you, plus every other girl on nano reef going to the frag swap. Have fun at the swap and pick up some free stuff :)

1E48B950-4112-4244-A50D-7E06FA39BF27-2078-0000031F8AC9E9F7.jpg

MeanGreenEyes
Jesus girl...your'e getting all that ??

Heres an ewesome kevins blue nps gorg that I just got in. Sorry I havnt taken pics of the rest yet. Ive been working on my "scape" and when its ready I'll show you the whole anchilada..

dsc0931e.jpg

Yeah...I know! :/ Sitting here debating on grabbing a frag of Le purple crush acro. Nice gorg.

Can I get a frag of that puppy please?

No not Zephs whole enchilada! :lol:

I thought this was appropriate to share at this opportune time. :lol:

Anything, but him (my dog)...he's my world. I've had him since he was 6 weeks.

Priceless! If only having breasts fixed everything in life. lol

MeanGreenEyes
Having breasts fixes a lot though.

A lot of men think that, but not always and certainly not for all of us because some like doing things/striving for/gaining things on our own. I personally much rather do/get things on my own b/c I don't like owing anyone sh*t. If my breasts had that kind of power they would wipe away my Ex from existence. :P

Hehehehe... omgomgomg:naughtydance::ninja: I'm just upset my favorite lfs/vendor won't be there b/c they're in the middle of a move. :(:tears:

Well because I know that once he's full grown that he won't be happy long term in my tank, he won't have enough room to swim and I've become sooooo attached to him that I don't want him to be unhappy. When I climb in bed at night he swims to that side of the tank to beg for food. He's got a personality like a little puppy. I mean...I know, we keep fish/coral in a glass box that no matter how large can never fully replicate their natural habitats. The tang police probably love you to death...lol. Then of course there was someone on another forum that called everyone on my thread a hypocrite for not saying a thing to me about my tang. I love this hobby, and I SPOIL that tang and would never recommend for a noob to try a tang in their setups and even though he doesn't have optimal swimming space he does have the benefit of a total of about 130g of water volume to cope with the extra feeding required for their care.

Tank thread on said setup? lol

yep. here ya go

MeanGreenEyes
Awwww....Happy Birthday to Big Boy!!!!!!! Is that you in the last photo with him? It's nice to put a face with a name :)

No that's my oldest, my daughter Tianna.

I'm definitely going to sit down and read it in a little bit.

It was lovely to see you, the ORA is looking good, can't wait to see what color it changes to. Thanks again.

Same to you as well. Wish I could've been there earlier. My Scripps shows green base with green polyps. We all definitely need to get together and hang out. My only complaints about yesterday was yet again no giftbag, the room was wayyyyy overcrowded and I felt suffocated at times, and there was this older guy I'd never met before that stared at me/kept speaking to me about ANYTHING the entire time I was there. Lol. I took a reefer buddy with me b/c the boyfriend has no interest whatsoever in my hobby...which makes me kinda sad. Then of course there were those that thought my reefing buddy and I were "together." Let's see how long it takes those rumors to fly. Lol

Thank you for the macro and the bird! They're doing great.

Same to you as well. Wish I could've been there earlier. My Scripps shows green base with green polyps. We all definitely need to get together and hang out. My only complaints about yesterday was yet again no giftbag, the room was wayyyyy overcrowded and I felt suffocated at times, and there was this older guy I'd never met before that stared at me/kept speaking to me about ANYTHING the entire time I was there. Lol. I took a reefer buddy with me b/c the boyfriend has no interest whatsoever in my hobby...which makes me kinda sad. Then of course there were those that thought my reefing buddy and I were "together." Let's see how long it takes those rumors to fly. Lol

Thank you for the macro and the bird! They're doing great.

Creeps are no fun. I didnt have any episodes, usually somebody unkept and nerdy will do the staring, really unnerving. You know PicoD, danielle from MR and Staten Island? Her crew had 2 big guys who were looking for frag bags big enough to take me home in. :lol:

MeanGreenEyes
Creeps are no fun. I didnt have any episodes, usually somebody unkept and nerdy will do the staring, really unnerving. You know PicoD, danielle from MR and Staten Island? Her crew had 2 big guys who were looking for frag bags big enough to take me home in. :lol:

Hahaha...I know, girl, we are gonna have to deal with this stuff as long as we're involved in this hobby. :huh: Danielle is so sweet! I think I know who you're talking about. lol We were trash talking each other's LED's. The difference is...I'm quick with the comedic wit...so my other buddies were "Oooo'ing and Ahhh'ing."

You're never gonna guess who I just got a pm from! lol

Oh eff yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh! New lights just arrived:

IMAG0928.jpg

IMAG0930.jpg

:wub:

MeanGreenEyes
Most girls seem to think that, but we're not all creeps. Though you'll probably get a higher percentage in this hobby.

Well, I wouldn't call him a creep...he just literally stared at me all day smiling...hard. Ha and you're probably right there are A LOT of shy guys in this hobby. They can talk all day about your tank online, but see you in person and just clam up like they've never seen a woman before. Relax guys...we love reefing too! lol

MeanGreenEyes
Haha. I'd take that as a compliment. Unless there was drool coming out the corner of his mouth.

Lol...there may have been drool. He's pm'ing me now...I feel a friend request coming next...mark my words. I don't mind though...don't mind making friend's with people that share my love for this hobby...as long as there are no other expectations. lol

Wow. That's pretty real becoming Facebook friends. Give them your real name and stuff. I happened onto this hobby by accident. Lured by the illicit aspect of it. We have a very small group of reefers. Can't just walk into a lfs or go to shows and meet weirdos. Must be nice.

MeanGreenEyes
Wow. That's pretty real becoming Facebook friends. Give them your real name and stuff. I happened onto this hobby by accident. Lured by the illicit aspect of it. We have a very small group of reefers. Can't just walk into a lfs or go to shows and meet weirdos. Must be nice.

Hahaha...well he knows my first name from when he introduced himself...don't do FB. I've done freshy tanks since I was 15 and got lured into salt when I went into a chain pet store for doggy shizz bags a couple years ago and saw my first green mandarin. Ever since I swore that a pair of them will be my DT show fish when I was done researching/could sustain them.

I love us all reefing wierdos. lol Honestly, I've always been the odd one out with the tanks..."the crazy fish lady." So it's very liberating knocking heads with like minds...not to mention seeing people from all walks of life come together over reefing. Yesterday someone asked me if it was my system was my "husband's." I was like "wtf?" :huh: lol I've gotten used to it though. My ex-husband hated my planted tank days...I can only imagine how he'd feel about reefing. My boyfriend gets jealous b/c I sometimes spend more time with the tank than him. :P He isn't at all interested in it, but is supportive sometimes and will ask questions once in a while. Now to bribe my baby into helping me hang my lights...making him a special dinner. :D

haha. nice. my wife was the same way. she's coming along. she cleans the glass and really likes looking at the tank. it was her idea in the first place. She was asking for a saltwater tank for years. Just didn't know i would jump in head first, well she should've known. thats my MO. Took me a year before i discovered corals. after that it was over. FOWLR got boring fast.

MeanGreenEyes
Very interested to see how these lights do for you.

Me too. I've been meaning to tell you your macro tank in your sig is beyond amazing! Is it still running? Thread? Where were you able to get those amazing macro's in your sig? My baby just called, he'll be home from work in a few hours and agreed to help me hang them. :) I have a new reefing friend that's an amazing photographer and he's going to stop by for pics after my corals are fully acclimated to the LED's.

haha. nice. my wife was the same way. she's coming along. she cleans the glass and really likes looking at the tank. it was her idea in the first place. She was asking for a saltwater tank for years. Just didn't know i would jump in head first, well she should've known. thats my MO. Took me a year before i discovered corals. after that it was over. FOWLR got boring fast.

I'm hoping one day he will come around because he's an amazing man in every sense, but would be even better if we could share reefing. He wanted some black clowns...which I'd love to get to get him a little more interested, but I already have clowns. :( In regards to your wife, tell her about all the lady reefer's out there...maybe she's a little intimidated by the fact that this is a male dominated hobby. Gonna check out your thread as soon as I get the chance. Lights first! lol

MeanGreenEyes
Pretty name!!!!

Yay for new lights!!!! They look awesome....can't wait to see them in action :)

Thank you! Hopefully the boyfriend gets home early to help me, I don't even want to try hanging them by myself. I'm scared I'd either drop them in the tank or fall in the tank myself.

I've been into reefing for many years.... My wife hasn't touched any of my tanks once. She likes them but has zero interest in having anything to do with reefing. Doesn't bother me a bit :)

Archived