Top Shelf Aquatics

The Water Box

JamesHL88

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im thinking of scraping all of the coraline off of the back glass. Im nervous though like im shavin my beard off or somethin.

lol go for it.

So i finally got my account sorted out and can post on the new site. The mobile version is about like any mobile site (dookie.) But i like the full version :)

quick tank update, the female mollie is gone :( i dont think it was the saltwater that did it. i think it was the harsh competetive environment of a reef tank (flow and semi aggressive fish) i dont think they were getting enough at feeding time :(

Got my old lights from my 20 gallon back and i threw them over the fuge. Odyssea 4 bulb t5HO woth built in timers :) so one of my timers is going on the front desk tank for their new lights ;)2013-01-01220218.jpg

Happy 2013 kat! The macros are (excuse my spelling) gellidium, grape caulerpa, fern caulerpa, and cheato. I want to thin them out and put soke display invert in there. Just dont know what.

My sabea anemone is turning beige :( i tried feeding it but the shrimp attacked it and stole it all. I need to do some research on this situation .....

I had just turned the fuge lights on for the pics. They are on opposites light cycle from the display. They usually green up durng their photo period. I didnt even think about that when i took the pics (facepalm)

i did something stupid last night :(
i topped off with tap water because i was out of RO and being lazy. this morning my xenia looks whitish and both monti caps are flourescent pastel its not looking good.

TripleFacePalm.jpg

Well i did a 20 gallon waterchange with RO and salt. Thats all i can do for now fingers crossed. Maybe another large change in a day or so.

So this mini-crash has made me painfully aware of the dangers of playing tap water rouhlete. The xenia is ugly and might pull through (who cares i hate the stuff). The monti caps are almost completely bleached now :( im pretty sure they are gonners. Funny, that those were the only three things afected by whatever chemicals were in the tap. None of the other corals in the tank seemed to notice, not even the birdsnest.

Ill get some pictures of the damage up later.

• 2 weeks later...

FTS

2013-01-12193011-1.jpg

Others

2013-01-10095805.jpg2013-01-12193213.jpg2013-01-12194606.jpg2013-01-12194124.jpg2013-01-12194009.jpg2013-01-12195042.jpg

Also the xenia and two monti caps are recovering nicely from my previous facepalm. The xenia looks normal now. The montis are slowly regaining color.

Thanks for looking :)

It's looking good! You have adde some great new corals over the last month or two. Photos are coming out really nicely - what camera and lens are you using?

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies guys :) .

GTI, i was actually just using my phone for pictures. It was a Samsung galaxy S. Oddly enough i lost it this weekend witch is why i am just now seeing your replies. I tried my wifes fujifilm 12mp, but i seemed to get better color from my phone. Go figure.

Dap, thank you for taking the time to check out my tank history. It means alot to me.

And yes kat, everything seemed to be doing fine when i left on Thursday. Fingers crossed it is all good when i get home tonight.

The good:

Finally got me a new phone. Cant wait to take some pictures with it. Also used my gift card at petco for a razor algae scraper so I can get the purple off the back wall :)

The bad:

My anemone got a little too close and fell victim to the bubble coral. Rip :( I think ...... atleast I havent seen it since the night it got stung. The bubble coral is pure evil but its my best showpiece.

On a side note I am intrigued by the par 30 and par 38 bulbs from coralcompulsion. Seriously might have to set some scratch to the side for two of those jokers.

Archived