inTank Media Baskets

The Water Box

JamesHL88

My three stripe is hosting my birdsnest :) Unfortunately its also picking at polyps :( ....... its still fun to watchch him swim around the branches though :)

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

My "green" birdsnest is on the decline again due to the three stripe constantly hosting and picking at it. Everything else is rocking along solid :)

2012-11-28154057.jpg

My ghetto reef funds are in the positive! I have $100 give or take to throw in the lagoon. Soooooooooo ....... I need help deciding how to spend it :)

All suggestions are welcome but i am currently torn between an auto top off or another par38. Par38 would be pretty :wub:

Personally, if I had another extra $100 for the ghetto tank, I'd buy me a gram or so of some good crack, my second choice would be another light, then the ATO. :)

you can get a cheap ato from autotopoff.com and have some money left to put towards another par38. also, you should remove the metal cover thing off the socket. its bad for the bulb because it will overheat it.

Personally, if I had another extra $100 for the ghetto tank, I'd buy me a gram or so of some good crack, my second choice would be another light, then the ATO. :)

Damn we are on the same page lol. I cant put the wife through a bender this close to the hollidays though. Probably goin to go for the par bulb. Im even tossing around the idea of 2 par30 bulbs to spread the love instead of anotyer par38.

Jacob, thanks for the tip. Ill have to look into those kits. Might be my next investment.

My ghetto reef funds are in the positive! I have $100 give or take to throw in the lagoon. Soooooooooo ....... I need help deciding how to spend it :)

All suggestions are welcome but i am currently torn between an auto top off or another par38. Par38 would be pretty :wub:

Nice looking tank!

You've given me some ideas on what I can do with my 55 (still sumpless currently).

As far as the money, my vote would be for an AVAST ATO. I have one on my Mantis Tank and it is the best thing ever! Not having to worry about topping off is so nice. I wish I had one on my 55.

Thank you ccapasso :) I lurk your thread lol im much jelly of that wall hammer btw. The original plan for this tank was to be sumpless but it took on a life of its own. Its almost out of my controll now. Equipment keeps multiplying and im afraid my tank might be trying to achieve symbiosis with me. :scarry:

The skimmer almost overflowed yesterday. I didnt know why untill someone asked me wjere the yellow balloon mollie was :( . So i guess Tweetledum is dead. He always acted shy and got picked on. The cleaner shrimp harrassed him daily lol. The female is doing fantastic though. I kind of wanted a lighter bio load anyways. I would have much rather it had been that birdsnest burgler Elvis (the three stripe)

I really should do a water change but i used my five gallon buckets to mix ceilling popcorn for a home renovation project. Epic facepalm.

Left my wife at home alone.

Came home to this.

2012-12-18101517.jpg

looks like a good way to get glitter and other random stuff in the tank.. looks nice though..

looks like a good way to get glitter and other random stuff in the tank.. looks nice though..

Lol that was my thoughts exactly but, all that came out was, "Awsome Sweetie, i love you."

And thank you Kat :) we actually have another baby on the way now ;)

Archived