Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The Water Box

JamesHL88

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woke up this morning and looked in the fuge. I dumped some frozen squid in a few days ago and my pods have exploded :) tons of them out in the light all over the macros

I think this skimmer is finally broke in. Now I have to fine tune it. Luckily the controled water level is going to make that as easy as set and forget.

Lol is that sarcasm?

No I'm serious I don't have acrylic or power tools to make one I have some egg crate but I don't know how to.mount it in the tank.

Oh lol. Just brainstorm it untill it comes to you. Or if your like me just start cutting and glueing things until you have something that works.

gulfsurfer101

Heck ya! I'm all for a good diy. It gets the job done now you just need some more frags on that thing. It's my second nature to just frag every zoa I come across. Makes me feel like some kinda fish surgeon or something, lol. It's a gateway frag though, next you'll find yourself with a dremel n diamond wheel, then behind the latest wet tile saw then you'll be with the rest of us going to reefers anonymous! Have fun n be careful.

Well my thread sux azz and i dont know why. I feel like a NR emmo. I think i might be the stinky kid for real.

I will post to make you feel better :D

Lol, nice tank :)

Reactor came in today and i got it installed. Does this look correct?

2012-10-25145341.jpg

Hi James, there is too little media in this reactor. The instructions should say fill it up with carbon but if it doesn't you can google it and read the recommendations online.

Your thread doesn't suck. In fact want to start a ghetto DIY thread? I can contribute!!!!

Thanks kat. I was mostly wondering about the amount of gfo. I didnt want to shock my system by starting off with too much. I heard that can have negative affects on sps. I didnt wanna risk it since my sps are on a slow recovery now.

How much gfo should be in the reactor when i swap it next time? About half of the reaction chamber? And should the gfo be sandwiched between the sponges or slightly tumblng on the surface with a large clear water column to the top sponge?

Your thread doesn't suck. In fact want to start a ghetto DIY thread? I can contribute!!!!

I agree totally! I'm subscribed and I always check when there is a new post - I just don't post much these days. Since I switched over to my 55 gallon, I haven't started a new thread.

I don't have much to do today, so maybe I'll start one.

thehobdenmarina

No there's not too little in there go to bulkreefsupply.com for the gfo and carbon calculator

Edit

What ever the recommended starting dose is use half to start so you don't strip your systems nutrients too fast.

james, are u still running the ps160? if you are there are a few threads on rc about modding it. I just broke off the return tube that is inside the body of the 160. (the big tube inside the main body). and a mesh wheel mod too. josh

Archived