ReefCleaners.org

Lion's Coral Den! Kessil, Rics, Zoas, Palys!

buddythelion

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
buddythelion
:o

so pretty!

Thanks, I find him pretty too.

Love the eel. How much did you get it for again?? :lol:

PMed.

buddythelion

He recommended mysis. I'll try feeding it tonight. The only downside to all of this is that I now have a pretty ghetto screen top.

buddythelion

It's a nanocube, so it has that curved front edge. Gnna be tricky... I'll have to think what to do for the upcoming tank as well.

buddythelion
lolol might as well go all out on a nice tank, if you're going to get nice corals ahah.

There is no AIO tank that can satisfy me right now. I'm not ELOS mini either, too small for such a big price. I really wish Solanas were still around...

AIO's are cool to a point, but if you're upgrading in the near future it might be sump time.

I also need a Golden Dwarf now, all most as much as I need new Plate's.

All most...

Deleted User 4
There is no AIO tank that can satisfy me right now. I'm not ELOS mini either, too small for such a big price. I really wish Solanas were still around...

ahaha I see, what about marine nuvo? or what about PiCO Deep blue 18. That one is like almost 20gal tank right there.

AIO's are cool to a point, but if you're upgrading in the near future it might be sump time.

I also need a Golden Dwarf now, all most as much as I need new Plate's.

All most...

lolol go sump, then you should go elos mini :D.

Deleted User 4
Darwin, pm me the price too? hahahahaha I'm curious. Eels are considered overkill in my book lololol

LOL damn, going overkill on livestock now???

buddythelion
ahaha I see, what about marine nuvo? or what about PiCO Deep blue 18. That one is like almost 20gal tank right there.

lolol go sump, then you should go elos mini :D.

8 gallons isn't a big enough jump for me to shell out on a whole new tank. I've heard some bad things about the Nuvo. Enough to keep me away from them. I wanted the JBJ 30 rimless, but Stevie hasn't made an inTank basket for it yet, which was a big factor for me not to get it since I adore his product.

Darwin, pm me the price too? hahahahaha I'm curious. Eels are considered overkill in my book lololol

You got it. PM sent.

Deleted User 4
8 gallons isn't a big enough jump for me to shell out on a whole new tank. I've heard some bad things about the Nuvo. Enough to keep me away from them. I wanted the JBJ 30 rimless, but Stevie hasn't made an inTank basket for it yet, which was a big factor for me not to get it since I adore his product.

You got it. PM sent.

Ahh I see. Well, as long as you haven't bought that used nanocube 28, then you're fine ahah. Just be ready when that media basket made from inTank is ready for you to purchase that sweet new 30g jbj. :D. What lights will you get for that 30g?

buddythelion
Ahh I see. Well, as long as you haven't bought that used nanocube 28, then you're fine ahah. Just be ready when that media basket made from inTank is ready for you to purchase that sweet new 30g jbj. :D. What lights will you get for that 30g?

Lol, I already told you man. I'm picking that tank up this Saturday. The crowding in this tank is getting ridiculous.

Lights for the 30g will be a kessil 350. Whether the 350w or a350 will depend on what the reviews say and when I see it in person.

What's the dimensions of your new tank? The a350 might be enough. Go check it out at neptunes. It's over on one of their top tanks with all SPS colonies and stuff. Really bright stuff!

buddythelion
What's the dimensions of your new tank? The a350 might be enough. Go check it out at neptunes. It's over on one of their top tanks with all SPS colonies and stuff. Really bright stuff!

I haven't seen the 350 over their tank yet. Only when they were selling it and had one spare to play around and show customers. It's only been like... 2 weeks since my last visit? The only downside to the kessil is the spread. I'm not happy with the spread on my 150 now that I have SPS so debating over the 350w or regular. Did you also get the gooseneck yet? It's available for order.

Custom AIO from Advanced Acrylics? I'd go 24x28x18 if I was upgrading to a new AIO.

Custom sounds cool. I'd have to find it local though to save on shipping. Micro Reefs guy, Mike, is in Hayward, which is relatively close to me. I might hit him up. But I dislike small acrylic tanks. That would also mean a custom stand too though along with the sump.

We all wind up going custom sooner or later. I'll have to pay for freight though, I haven't seen many builders in the state, certainly none at a fair price. But, it's worth it to get exactly what I want.

I haven't seen the 350 over their tank yet. Only when they were selling it and had one spare to play around and show customers. It's only been like... 2 weeks since my last visit? The only downside to the kessil is the spread. I'm not happy with the spread on my 150 now that I have SPS so debating over the 350w or regular. Did you also get the gooseneck yet? It's available for order.

Idk about the goodeneck. It kinda looks ugly, but IDK how I'm going to hang my 350. I'll get to that when I get home or something since I don't need lighting while cycling the tank to prevent nuisance algae to emerge.

buddythelion
We all wind up going custom sooner or later. I'll have to pay for freight though, I haven't seen many builders in the state, certainly none at a fair price. But, it's worth it to get exactly what I want.

This is true. I will eventually. But corals for now, because that's where I get most of my fun and enjoyment from. Corals also have a great return rate as well.

That's how I generally run as well, but I'm getting tired of what should be a nice display being ruined by sub par equipment. Plus upgrades mean more room for more coral, a nice scape, and waffles. Tasty Waffles.

Deleted User 4
Custom AIO from Advanced Acrylics? I'd go 24x28x18 if I was upgrading to a new AIO.

Acrylics are bad...that is a no-no ahah.

Idk about the goodeneck. It kinda looks ugly, but IDK how I'm going to hang my 350. I'll get to that when I get home or something since I don't need lighting while cycling the tank to prevent nuisance algae to emerge.

Let the future tinola take care of that!!

buddythelion
That's how I generally run as well, but I'm getting tired of what should be a nice display being ruined by sub par equipment. Plus upgrades mean more room for more coral, a nice scape, and waffles. Tasty Waffles.

Hey, my Crosshatch triggerfish is named Waffles!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZrZK8SrWSs

Deleted User 4

+1, so true. Nice display of corals belongs to nice tank/equips ahah.

Archived