Top Shelf Aquatics

Lion's Coral Den! Kessil, Rics, Zoas, Palys!

buddythelion

Dude, I just picked up a Joker Plate! Deep purple base with neon green feeders. Oh, and I'm fairly certain the thing could eat a silverside. I'm not sure that's as exciting to any one else, but I figured you'd understand.

Dibs on the first frag of Purple Galaxies...and the red planet...darthmaul micromussa...those cloves...that Macro...that's just the stuff on this page.

Edit: Roughly my way of saying that your tank looks amazing. TOTM?

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
buddythelion
Dude, I just picked up a Joker Plate! Deep purple base with neon green feeders. Oh, and I'm fairly certain the thing could eat a silverside. I'm not sure that's as exciting to any one else, but I figured you'd understand.

Dibs on the first frag of Purple Galaxies...and the red planet...darthmaul micromussa...those cloves...that Macro...that's just the stuff on this page.

Edit: Roughly my way of saying that your tank looks amazing. TOTM?

What's a joker plate? Pics! Eat a silverside? Holy carp, that's a BIG plate! Hopefully it doesn't end up like that one person's scollymia on reefbuilders that it can eat fish.

LOL. Dibs already? Just get some stuff off of planetzoa! Travis is a great guy and will hook you up!

And thanks for the compliment. I don't find my tank TOTM worthy. Those tanks are very established and show the time and effort that those reefers took for their corals to grow onto their rocks, etc. My tank has a lot of frags, not a lot of display tank material but thanks!

I'll see about a pic. It's basically a deep purple base with neon green feeders. It's insane, I was feeding my Fat head Dendros/other plates/acanthastrea, and this thing had all ready started opening after a whopping 30 minutes in my tank. I figured, what the hell, and gave it a healthy dose.

The mouth on this thing is nuts. It's probably only 4" wide, but it could easily eat a 50 cent piece if it was so inclined. It just...kept...eating. It must have tackled the majority of a cube of mysis before I cut it off for the night. I thought my Dendro's would rule a coral eating competition, I was mistaken. Looking top down with the lights on for a second, it could have fit a lot more in to that cavernous maw.

The way I see it, if you let things go for a month as they are now, you'll all ready have the grown in look. Hell, let it go for 3 months and you'll have a palythoa jungle that resembles a really nice Acid trip.

I'll get ahold of Travis. I'll make sure to let him know who sent me, too. Doesn't mean I don't want some LE Buddythelion stuff.

seor-gif-shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

buddythelion
I'll see about a pic. It's basically a deep purple base with neon green feeders. It's insane, I was feeding my Fat head Dendros/other plates/acanthastrea, and this thing had all ready started opening after a whopping 30 minutes in my tank. I figured, what the hell, and gave it a healthy dose.

The mouth on this thing is nuts. It's probably only 4" wide, but it could easily eat a 50 cent piece if it was so inclined. It just...kept...eating. It must have tackled the majority of a cube of mysis before I cut it off for the night. I thought my Dendro's would rule a coral eating competition, I was mistaken. Looking top down with the lights on for a second, it could have fit a lot more in to that cavernous maw.

The way I see it, if you let things go for a month as they are now, you'll all ready have the grown in look. Hell, let it go for 3 months and you'll have a palythoa jungle that resembles a really nice Acid trip.

I'll get ahold of Travis. I'll make sure to let him know who sent me, too. Doesn't mean I don't want some LE Buddythelion stuff.

seor-gif-shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

LOL! I love that gif of Fry. Still remember that episode...

Be careful with feeding them, if they can't digest all of the food it'll rot inside out. That's how I lost my dendros. My acas/micromussas can eat forever too! LPS are cool that way.

A month seems like forever though... And I'm upgrading anyways. LOL. THAT tank I'll hopefully have a nice display tank going on.

I feed proportionally, all though I might have over done it with the new guy. I was just in awe. I'll have to get pics next time everything is eating as well. Come to think of it, no way that was all most a cube, but it was still a lot of freaking mysis.

Futurama rules, and that .gif is a cream of the crop type thing for me. My favorite quote is still "I'm so embarrassed, I wish everyone else was dead."-Bender.

Deleted User 4

damnn, those are some really beautiful macro algae...may I ask how much you picked it up for??? ;)

What are they called if they're not dragon's breathe..

buddythelion
I feed proportionally, all though I might have over done it with the new guy. I was just in awe. I'll have to get pics next time everything is eating as well. Come to think of it, no way that was all most a cube, but it was still a lot of freaking mysis.

Futurama rules, and that .gif is a cream of the crop type thing for me. My favorite quote is still "I'm so embarrassed, I wish everyone else was dead."-Bender.

Do get pics, would be awesome to see. And yes, Bender is the best character in futurama hands down. I haven't watched any of the new stuff though.

buddythelion
damnn, those are some really beautiful macro algae...may I ask how much you picked it up for??? ;)

What are they called if they're not dragon's breathe..

Fuh-ree. :D Idk what they're called. Will, the owner, got them on some live rock back in the 80's when he had his first tank as a hitchhiker. Been with him since. I'm hoping that it'll grow out nicely and make a nice place for the eel to play in.

buddythelion
Sounds golden!!! If it does grow out too big, frag me a piece please ahahahh!!!

Sure thing. :)

buddythelion
Thank you!! You're the best!!

Now... go find that meat coral for me. LOL.

I think it's called an "Acanthophyllia" rather than a lobo.

Deleted User 4
Now... go find that meat coral for me. LOL.

I think it's called an "Acanthophyllia" rather than a lobo.

hmmm Nope, acanthophyllia is meat coral!!!

It is actually a lobo because I've seen those for sale everywhere and they're marked as a lobo species.

buddythelion
I'm diggin that macro. Reminds me of a black hole.

Thanks, I like it a lot too.

Lobos

Ok, I thought you were referring to this pic because above it, you said I might pick it up if they still have it...

p1050461jpg.png

Is it a lobo? It looks more like a meat coral.

If you can get it to retract I could tell you. Doesn't look exactly like either.

Reach in and poke it when no one's looking. :ninja:

eddiecorrea

So how are you liking the Kessil? People say it can't grow SPS but I don't know about that. Some of the results I've seen are amazing. What have your observations been?

buddythelion
So how are you liking the Kessil? People say it can't grow SPS but I don't know about that. Some of the results I've seen are amazing. What have your observations been?

Idk, I've had these SPS for less than 2 weeks. I honestly would believe that water is a much more important factor than lighting, but as of right now everything seems fine. But that's only 2 weeks. My friends say that the kessil is great for SPS, so I take their word for it as I love everything about the kessil so far. The only down side is that it's basically a spotlight and since there's only one source for lighting that some placed on the corals get shadowed. But other than that, it's not a big deal because the corals still get lots of light. My pictures show the areas that are exposed to light, so it's still good. Nothing adding another kessil can't fix either.

Rainbow lobo

That's the same exact coral you're looking at.

Sweet lord, that's sexy... but you're right. After all, you're king of LPS! I'm starting to get more into LPS :)

Here's my latest pick ups at a new place. They're only open once a month and these were really nice, and the price was amazing as well:

ORA Borealis Acro:

20120527_151910.jpg

Fluid Dynamics (something something, I forget) Paly:

20120527_231715.jpg

The Borealis Acro, one of the guys working there said that he swore there was a frag somewhere. After some time when the shop slowed down he found it for me and I took it instantly. It's such an amazing acro, my favorite at the moment.

Deleted User 4

Ohh mannn, my pink galaxy palys look exactly like your fluid dynamics palys except mine is not green eyed and have longer skirts... those are sick dude ahha.

About 1/3 things I see listed as a lobo isn't. Just my gut reaction to see it retracted before I say any thing for sure.

OTOH, that does look a lot like a lobo.

Archived