inTank Media Baskets

Lion's Coral Den! Kessil, Rics, Zoas, Palys!

buddythelion

Deleted User 4
About 1/3 things I see listed as a lobo isn't. Just my gut reaction to see it retracted before I say any thing for sure.

OTOH, that does look a lot like a lobo.

There are many types of lobos out there. Not all look the same shape, etc. And that pic you see above is one of the lobos species.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
buddythelion
There are many types of lobos out there. Not all look the same shape, etc. And that pic you see above is one of the lobos species.

Master Ben of the LPS knows wassup.

Deleted User 4

lolol it's very easy, esp just looking at diver's den pictures,reefkoi pictures, reefbuilders every weekday from email and all ahah. Improves your eyes' accuracy in a way..

Deleted User 4
Fair enough, I've never had an eye for Lobo's.

Any other LPS and you're on though.

ahaha yeah...I have eyes for lobo. I'm not sure about other kinds of lps though...Sometimes it's really hard to tell if one is acan or micromussa.. esp from picture even I have difficulty telling it.

buddythelion

Here's some sick LPS from my other LFS, Aquatic Collection:

2.jpg

This Blasto is FIST sized. So crazy and by far the best blasto I've ever seen. NFS, and I hope they never do sell it so I can always see it when I walk in.

Scolly:

1.jpg

Deleted User 4

lolol Yeah, those are so freaking eye catching that my eyes are getting soreness from it..ahah how much are the blastos running for??? And the scoly??

buddythelion
lolol Yeah, those are so freaking eye catching that my eyes are getting soreness from it..ahah how much are the blastos running for??? And the scoly??

Blastos NFS. They said unless it was an offer they couldn't refuse...

Scoly, no idea. I don't like scollys enough to shell $100+ on one.

My LPS I like at the moment are:

Meat/Donut Corals, Torch, Blastos, Acans, Micromussas. That's all for now basically. I'm starting to get into chalices too, but being picky with those and trying to stay away from the super expensive stuff.

Deleted User 4

Ahh I see. Scolys are one of the best lps there is...how can you not like it ahaha. They look even nicer under your kessils 15k!!

I don't really care for Scolymia either. I like warpaints, but not enough for the $$. I'm not a huge chalice fan either, all though I might pick up some holywood stunner to see if they grow on me.

Fungia and Leptastrea are my big two at the moment, followed immediatly by Acan's of every shape and size. I'd also like a Cyphastrea, but I'm having trouble sourcing any thing decent locally.

Then you have my standard list of wants, including Duncans, Blasto's, Euphyllia, and maybe some Hydnophora or Galaxia. If I could find a decent representation of a Meat coral I'd be on that too, you'd better believe it. That's one of the coral I was looking at as a noob. Same with a nice Trachyphyllia. Ever since I got my Dragon Soul Prism Favia, I'm more or less looking for more Favia as well. Platygara and Pagoda's are on there too. This is just off the top of my head of course, and only LPS. I might need a bigger tank.

buddythelion
Ahh I see. Scolys are one of the best lps there is...how can you not like it ahaha. They look even nicer under your kessils 15k!!

But... so expensive for something that isn't rally fraggable! I like those red and blue ones a lot though.

Ok, upon review I've been trashing your thread for two days now. Sorry about that man, I like your set up and I love your taste in coral.

buddythelion
I don't really care for Scolymia either. I like warpaints, but not enough for the $$. I'm not a huge chalice fan either, all though I might pick up some holywood stunner to see if they grow on me.

Fungia and Leptastrea are my big two at the moment, followed immediatly by Acan's of every shape and size. I'd also like a Cyphastrea, but I'm having trouble sourcing any thing decent locally.

Then you have my standard list of wants, including Duncans, Blasto's, Euphyllia, and maybe some Hydnophora or Galaxia. If I could find a decent representation of a Meat coral I'd be on that too, you'd better believe it. That's one of the coral I was looking at as a noob. Same with a nice Trachyphyllia. Ever since I got my Dragon Soul Prism Favia, I'm more or less looking for more Favia as well. Platygara and Pagoda's are on there too. This is just off the top of my head of course, and only LPS. I might need a bigger tank.

Definitely agreed with you there. And check out angel or baby breathe favia... I love that favia!

Ok, upon review I've been trashing your thread for two days now. Sorry about that man, I like your set up and I love your taste in coral.

Not at all. It's fun to have people talking in here! And thanks for the compliment, I like my taste as well. Although, my wallet doesn't always agree with me.

Deleted User 4
But... so expensive for something that isn't rally fraggable! I like those red and blue ones a lot though.

Yeah, that is true... That's why you grow babies!!!! jk that is like almost impossible to do for scolys ahaha.

Deleted User 4

My favs of lps are scolys, acans, hillae, bowerbanki, tiny assorted brains, plate, blastomussa, micromussa, favias, chalices, lobos, australomussa ...I'm not a big fan of meat corals because they're just always in huge sizes that I can't accept it to my tank...cynarinas are fine though, I might get one if I do spot a small one later on.

Here's a pic of my old cynarina which I sold for $60 a while back. It always expand to 4inches+

IMG_1247.jpg

IMG_0957.jpg

IMG_0962.jpg

buddythelion

Eff that's huge, but sweet! Love the white markings on there. And you basically listen out the majority of LPS' right there... LOL.

Deleted User 4

Yeah, lol....seriously it's the only major family I'm into now. I love softies but that's only for ricordias,palys.

buddythelion

I didn't even look at the price. Damn that's pricey!

In other news...

Two things are getting shipped out tomorrow. I'm extremely excited. :)

buddythelion

Alright guys, here's one of the two things that came in today.

Care to take a guess?

Guess.jpg

Jacob042426
lololol I know exactly what it is....It's a dwarf eel!!!! Awesome add.

+1!!!!!!

awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

buddythelion

Ding ding ding ding, we've got a winner!

It's already in the tank now hiding. But I did get some photos before he went in. When the seller said he was small, I expected maybe 6". But dayum, when he said small he meant small. I'm even happier!

Here he is acclimating:

Acclimating.jpg

Acclimating2.jpg

And now for a comparison shot. That's a quarter:

MorayVsQuarter.jpg

MorayVsQuarter2.jpg

And I'm unsure if I added this photo yet, but I likey!

FluidDynamicAcro.jpg

Archived