SaltCritters.com

PicO Aquariums

PicO Aquariums

Deleted User 4

lol To be honest, I've tried asking for a tank price shipping quote from reefsavvy on a tank that is 3/8" thick and 17 x 17 x 11 which is smaller than that size you've requested from chris. And they're asking $250 for shipping that is from shipping within U.S. for a $200 tank... So yeah shipping costs are pricey as hell when it comes to 3/8inch glass. This was before I ordered from Chris.... so Now I am soo glad I've had placed my order a month ago with Chris for a manta ray 18 which is 18 x 18 x 9 with only $60 shipping costs!!!

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 4

And Chris's services have always been a pleasure to deal with. That is a plus.

Everytime when I send him a private message on nano-reef.com, he would reply back in an instance or 1/2 day at the latest.

And I've sent him over 200 messages for the past 30 days, I even had to clear out my mailbox for more incoming messages.

PicO Aquariums
So do you usually call people who e-mail you about your product and services "guy" with an obvious negative attitude. I really don't understand how I made you feel uncomfortable asking about quotes and rate differences, I thought I was being friendly and courteous about the quotes and even said "I understand" but I guess you became frustrated over the progression of questions and e-mails.

I'm not trying to discredit your service, just letting you know how I felt after you refused my business.

Just letting others out there know that you have that type of mentality in you. I'm done.

To be honest I just got fed up with all the second guessing you where doing when i put quotes in front of you.

I can understand you want to ask questions an be informed. Bottom line is that I offer a product and i set the price and UPS offers a service and they set the price. Any amount of information you attain from either of us is not going to make the price any lower.

I run my business like i run my life. Respect and decency gets the same in return and if I am disrespected you can expect me not to be so nice. I felt the way you where questioning my reply's was disrespectful so I decided to walk away.

I'm sorry you felt the need to bring this here and try to make it something it's not but I am not sorry for the way i conduct MY business. :happydance:

EDIT:

Just letting others out there know that you have that type of mentality in you. I'm done.

The only difference from my Mentality in this situation and any other business is that I had enough respect to email you back. Most companies wouldn't even respond to your messages.

PicO Aquariums

7201279362_e067cef68c_z.jpg

Here's 2days of wet skimming from the prototype unit.

I have some cosmetic changes to do before i show any pictures of the unit.

Oh crap! My wallet is gonna hate me!

Deleted User 4
To be honest I just got fed up with all the second guessing you where doing when i put quotes in front of you.

I can understand you want to ask questions an be informed. Bottom line is that I offer a product and i set the price and UPS offers a service and they set the price. Any amount of information you attain from either of us is not going to make the price any lower.

I run my business like i run my life. Respect and decency gets the same in return and if I am disrespected you can expect me not to be so nice. I felt the way you where questioning my reply's was disrespectful so I decided to walk away.

I'm sorry you felt the need to bring this here and try to make it something it's not but I am not sorry for the way i conduct MY business. :happydance:

EDIT:

The only difference from my Mentality in this situation and any other business is that I had enough respect to email you back. Most companies wouldn't even respond to your messages.

+1, Chris is so truthful :D

damn, good work you got going there!!

EDIT:

I've done business with chris at pico aquariums and all i can say is his service, response, and generosity is second to none! Hands down, He's definitely the best person i've ever dealt with as far as service and was way above my expectations and experiences from other vendors. He replies, literally within minutes of a post, communications between buying and actually arriving is excellent, and he does custom work exactly to the order specification, all at an excellent price. What more can you ask for? I know it sounds like i have a vested interest in pico aquariums or know chris personally from the remarks above, however those comments were from an actual experience from dealing with chris, and honestly, i've never know picoaquariums or chris until i bought my aquarium from him. Glad to have dealt with picoaquariums and would definitely be a returning customer if i ever need any equipment or service offered by them.

Jacob042426
This is Chris's e-mail response to my quote and me trying to understand the shipping quote. He became rude at the end, why? Frustration and lack of the ability/know how to speak with potential customers. He called me "guy"? Why the attitude Chris. I hope you haven't treated/talked to other people who actually had to pay you for something.

To me personally, customer service is of up most importance of any business these days. It's what keeps people coming back. By you responding in that way, it will yield people from asking anymore questions that they have about your products/costs/shipping, etc. Simply be uncomfortable to do business with you.

As for me, I'll ask about whatever I don't know about and am unsure of. The only stupid question is one that is not asked.

I hope you learn.

chris delicath service@picoaquariums.com

Apr 9

to JT

UPS mandates 4" of void fill from the sides of the box hence the size of the packing entered in the quote in this case a box 38 x 24 x 24 "i can see the next question why 24", because it is the next available box size". The 120lb is not what is being billed. Dimensional weight is being billed for the size of the box because the dimensional calculation exceeds the actual weight which would be about 70lb. This is a 3/8" glass tank guy I don't know what to tell you. they are expensive to ship either way. To be honest I have gone way past my comfort zone in enplaning all this to you and I feel at this point what I have to offer is just not for you. I wish you luck with your search for a aquarium that fits your needs.

why would you even compare pico to glasscages? gc is cheap for a reason. i wanted to compare pico to deepblue pro, and i realize how dumb i was. pico>everything else. service, quality, and everything else.

:flower:

i will be ordering my ridge soon. :)

PicO Aquariums

Thanks guys. I appreciate the feedback.

I'm trying to keep it under $100 more near the $80 range but I would really like to sell it with the air pump and collection cup too.

I might sell just to Skimmer "bare bones" so to speak and then a premium kit with everything complete and ready to run.

Once I have settled on a final design I will have some set numbers and I think I am going to do a Pre Order at a reduced price for everyone here first.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Skimmer prototype? Any sneak peaks? I'd consider changing out tunze...

As for the guy regarding shipping, glass to expensive to ship, just ask how much, & pay, don't try and haggle or lower our cost, it's the cost and that's how it is.......GUY... Pfffffft.

That's attitude cheapo. Get high quality craftsmanship from a premier designer in the hobby.

Nuff said.

TheKingInYellow

Just have to say that Chris spent THREE DAYS working with me to get a DB18 shipped to me in Canada. He's never shipped out of the country before, and reconfigured his website and PayPal JUST FOR ME.

If that's not service, I don't know what is.

Oh and Chris, you let me know as soon as that skimmer is available. You'll be making your next shipment up north when it is.

PicO Aquariums
Skimmer prototype? Any sneak peaks? I'd consider changing out tunze...

As for the guy regarding shipping, glass to expensive to ship, just ask how much, & pay, don't try and haggle or lower our cost, it's the cost and that's how it is.......GUY... Pfffffft.

That's attitude cheapo. Get high quality craftsmanship from a premier designer in the hobby.

Nuff said.

The TUNZE unit is an amazing skimmer and its going to be hard to beat. Mine is a air driven unit for smaller tanks.

Using airstones is what gives mine a little punch. Super fine bubbles and no heat transfer from a added pump. Sometimes oldschool isn't so bad.

Looking forward to the skimmer :). Can't wait to see what it looks like and how it works.

You may have answered this already and if so I apologize but will this be made of glass or acrylic ?

PicO Aquariums
Just have to say that Chris spent THREE DAYS working with me to get a DB18 shipped to me in Canada. He's never shipped out of the country before, and reconfigured his website and PayPal JUST FOR ME.

If that's not service, I don't know what is.

Oh and Chris, you let me know as soon as that skimmer is available. You'll be making your next shipment up north when it is.

Yea you will see it here first.

It will be made of acrylic.

Looking forward to the skimmer :). Can't wait to see what it looks like and how it works.

You may have answered this already and if so I apologize but will this be made of glass or acrylic ?

Hey there. When you get ready to build out filtration covers let me know. I would be interested with a flush mount version. Reason being my glass cover partially goes over the top of the filtration. And the ability to slide it back like a sliding door is nice too. :)

Probably need a cut out for a future skimmer, wires, and two ledtric clamp ons. :) currently loose about 1/2 cup of evap a day.

If it could cure world hunger.... That would be great too.

PicO Aquariums
:lol: when I get caught up here I will get with you about making a custom cover and get some measurements from you
Outlets710

Chris,

You are far too busy to be going back and fourth with that jackass. obviously anyone who only provides one side of a story doesn't have a leg to stand on. Secondly that is time you could be working on my tank :D

Just to answer a couple of posts I saw, I live in Florida so I don't want to hear anyone complaining about freight costs, if I'm willing to pay a 1/3 of my total tank cost in freight for it to get here than that has to say something serious for Pico Aquariums ,more importantly chris. I have ordered a custom Ridge which will be 30x14x16.Before I committed, Chris gave me all the time in the world and every possible way to reach him.

Hes making me a cover for my filtration so I will have pics up as soon as it arrives.

Keep things going Chris, your doing great with all of it.

George

PicO Aquariums

Yes your tank gets the filtration tomorrow and then a nice comfy crate for the journey home.

Archived