Pod Your Reef

PicO Aquariums

PicO Aquariums

mastahluong

Hey Chris, I was wondering if you will be doing the "naked" series still? I'm thinking about upgrading to one of your tanks soon. When it was will up I was thinking about the 18x18x16 with starphire glass with black silicone with a possible internal corner overflow. Just curious... Thanks!

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 4
Chris,

You are far too busy to be going back and fourth with that jackass. obviously anyone who only provides one side of a story doesn't have a leg to stand on. Secondly that is time you could be working on my tank :D

Just to answer a couple of posts I saw, I live in Florida so I don't want to hear anyone complaining about freight costs, if I'm willing to pay a 1/3 of my total tank cost in freight for it to get here than that has to say something serious for Pico Aquariums ,more importantly chris. I have ordered a custom Ridge which will be 30x14x16.Before I committed, Chris gave me all the time in the world and every possible way to reach him.

Hes making me a cover for my filtration so I will have pics up as soon as it arrives.

Keep things going Chris, your doing great with all of it.

George

+1

PicO Aquariums
Hey Chris, I was wondering if you will be doing the "naked" series still? I'm thinking about upgrading to one of your tanks soon. When it was will up I was thinking about the 18x18x16 with starphire glass with black silicone with a possible internal corner overflow. Just curious... Thanks!

I may bring some of he units back once I get the overflows done.

I would also like to add that Chris goes way above and beyond with his customer service. I originally sent Chris a message after he got PicO up and running again with his line up of awesome tanks wanting something similar to trons tank. I was kinda local and would pick it up, After probably somewhere around 50 messages i finally decided on a 30x20x16 and 3/8" starphire glass and custom 4" sump area all to the specs i wanted. With an additional 50 or so messages asking random ? about the sump area to adding an extra baffle before the pump etc...Always replied quickly professionally and friendly. Even sent me a few pics of the tank from start to finish. Always keeping me updated via PicO's website with what stage the tank was in. Never during any of that did i once try and rush him, Quality as good as his takes time and would have given him as much time as needed. Even ordered some custom light brackets similar to tron's for my ai sol custom made by his dad. My tank came out amazing!!!! Its a work of art. He's made me a customer for life and will never get anyone else's tanks except one of his. Keep up the awesome work Chris and thanks for everything. Ohhh and that magnet came out awesome Thank You!! -Matt

newtank3.jpg

Detritus07

Question, Chris...I ordered the star fire Barracuda which is being made and realized I forgot to get the upgraded pump. If not too late, how can I paypal the difference for it? Should I put a note in the order history on the website so you know it's me and maybe you can sent me an invoice or something? Thanks, I know you're busy.

Outlets710
haha looking sexy!!!!

What type of lights are you going with for your MR 18? You seem to be pretty familiar with all the Pico customers on here, what type of lights are most of them?

Deleted User 4
What type of lights are you going with for your MR 18? You seem to be pretty familiar with all the Pico customers on here, what type of lights are most of them?

I am going kessils a150w 10k skyblue, it's coming this friday with the tank :D

Deleted User 4
should've went a350 :D

that is too overkill for a 12gal... :D

ai nano or kessils 150 is good for a 12gal, ai sol or kessils 350 is just too strong and overkill for a 12gal imo

Outlets710
that is too overkill for a 12gal... :D

ai nano or kessils 150 is good for a 12gal, ai sol or kessils 350 is just too strong and overkill for a 12gal imo

Totally agree, way over kill,plus I think a kessil would be a much better fit for a tank that size opossed to AI nano

Deleted User 4
Totally agree, way over kill,plus I think a kessil would be a much better fit for a tank that size opossed to AI nano

yeah I mean i like the kessils 350 esp with its dimmable features but it's too strong for a nano tank, might even burn my lps/palys ahha

when is your custom ridge coming?? what lights you getting. you going to start a tank thread?

yeah I mean i like the kessils 350 esp with its dimmable features but it's too strong for a nano tank, might even burn my lps/palys ahha

when is your custom ridge coming?? what lights you getting. you going to start a tank thread?

I think that it's dimmable enough to not burn corals from what I see. I love overkill as well. :D

Deleted User 4
I think that it's dimmable enough to not burn corals from what I see. I love overkill as well. :D

ahha yeah that is pretty awesome to have overkills eheh B)

You starting a tank thread on your PiCO?

ahha yeah that is pretty awesome to have overkills eheh B)

You starting a tank thread on your PiCO?

Yeah, when I get the tank and stuff.. My first sw tank btw.

PicO Aquariums
Question, Chris...I ordered the star fire Barracuda which is being made and realized I forgot to get the upgraded pump. If not too late, how can I paypal the difference for it? Should I put a note in the order history on the website so you know it's me and maybe you can sent me an invoice or something? Thanks, I know you're busy.

Pm me your order number and email address and I will send you a invoice. No worries I have done this for multiple people now.

Outlets710

Hopefully next week. As far as lights I think I am going with an ATI fixture, I dont think one SOL will be enough coverage and im not spending 1k on lights for a 29 gallon tank. Im just going to have to figure out how I can add moonlights and still keep it looking clean.Thats something I will be missing out not going with the AI's.Im like you I stay up late so I like to see whats going on in my tank at night.

As far as a tank thread, well.......I was going to do on RC because thats mostly where I post and I am alot more familiar with that site, hell Im still clicking on the wrong stuff here as you saw other night :wacko:

Then again I love the fact NR has a AIO forum, thats pretty freaking cool. So we shall see.

So what do you plan on doing with your filtration? fug? carbon? How you setting it up?

Deleted User 4

Hopefully next week. As far as lights I think I am going with an ATI fixture, I dont think one SOL will be enough coverage and im not spending 1k on lights for a 29 gallon tank. Im just going to have to figure out how I can add moonlights and still keep it looking clean.Thats something I will be missing out not going with the AI's.Im like you I stay up late so I like to see whats going on in my tank at night.

As far as a tank thread, well.......I was going to do on RC because thats mostly where I post and I am alot more familiar with that site, hell Im still clicking on the wrong stuff here as you saw other night :wacko:

Then again I love the fact NR has a AIO forum, thats pretty freaking cool. So we shall see.

So what do you plan on doing with your filtration? fug? carbon? How you setting it up?

I see, I'm going to add cheato algae, chemi-pure-elite, purigen and phosphate... I think not sure yet, what about you??

Outlets710
I see, I'm going to add cheato algae, chemi-pure-elite, purigen and phosphate... I think not sure yet, what about you??

Probably same and maybe some carbon and chaeto for fug. I just don't know how effective the refugium will be as small as it is. But we will shall see

Deleted User 4
Probably same and maybe some carbon and chaeto for fug. I just don't know how effective the refugium will be as small as it is. But we will shall see

cheato helps alot. I've seen some where you only need cheato and the sponges, no carbon but this only applies to smaller nanos like 12g or less. You should probably get a nano skimmer since yours is almost 30g.

Outlets710
cheato helps alot. I've seen some where you only need cheato and the sponges, no carbon but this only applies to smaller nanos like 12g or less. You should probably get a nano skimmer since yours is almost 30g.

Im going to run it for a while w/out skimmer and see how it goes, i feed my acans more than my fish so if I see things are starting to get out of control I'll probably invest. I just didn't like the fact that the skimmer cup would sit above the tank but if i need one I need one. You start your build thread yet?

Archived