Coral Vue Hydros

PicO Aquariums

PicO Aquariums

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
reefsahoy
Awesome tank and your setup is very similar to what I will be doing as soon as mine comes in. How do you like your hydor skimmer? Any problems getting it to fit in Chamber 1? Any issues with it that you don't like?

Thanks!

Thanks! No, the skimmer fits easily, i like the skimmer too. I can't say enough about the tank and service that chris gives. He puts the word "satisfaction" in the saying customer satisfaction! From ordering to dilivery is top notch service.

I am going to get a couple more live rocks and rescape. Then i'm going coral shopping :D

reefsahoy

well, i got good news/bad news for the progression of my tank. My initial tank got broken by an accident by a visitor at my home and i called chris at pico and told him about my delimma, i needed a tank as fast as possible because my temp tank will only hold my livestock for so long before i start to lose my corals. I must say chris came thru like a champ! not only did he built the second tank better, he did it fast! Thanks chris for all your help. i lost a few corals but not wide spread losses. After inspection and filling i must say this, he got the filter box fitting perfectly. That thing glides into the filter like a perfect sliding door. The finish of the glue seams are perfect. overall you went from a 9.5 to a 10! Thanks you Chris!

Now after filling the tank i took a few crappy pics with my phone of the sump area and what i plan to do to hide the mess you always see in the back of the AIO tanks.

filter area without the cover.

tankwocover2.jpg

tankwocover.jpg

and the prototype cover.

tankcover2.jpg

tankcover-1.jpg

skimmerdude
well, i got good news/bad news for the progression of my tank. My initial tank got broken by an accident by a visitor at my home and i called chris at pico and told him about my delimma, i needed a tank as fast as possible because my temp tank will only hold my livestock for so long before i start to lose my corals. I must say chris came thru like a champ! not only did he built the second tank better, he did it fast! Thanks chris for all your help. i lost a few corals but not wide spread losses. After inspection and filling i must say this, he got the filter box fitting perfectly. That thing glides into the filter like a perfect sliding door. The finish of the glue seams are perfect. overall you went from a 9.5 to a 10! Thanks you Chris!

Now after filling the tank i took a few crappy pics with my phone of the sump area and what i plan to do to hide the mess you always see in the back of the AIO tanks.

filter area without the cover.

tankwocover2.jpg

tankwocover.jpg

and the prototype cover.

tankcover2.jpg

tankcover-1.jpg

Nice!! Those sump covers should come with the tank. Looks way better!!

reefsahoy

Yo chris, here are better pics of the picoaquarium!

front fts

IMG_1024.jpg

side fts, all the mess from the sump doesn't distract from the tank. notice the sump cover

IMG_1030.jpg

under the hood

IMG_1028.jpg

IMG_1034.jpg

PicO Aquariums

Looks great.

Filtration covers will exist very soon. See I swear I really do listen to everyones ideas :P

I have quite a few other things up my sleeve for next week too.

Having a issue with the cnc for the last two days set me back but I hope to be back up and running tomorrow and getting some of these orders out to people.

PicO Aquariums
hey chris any word on when the skimmer are going to be available? or any news on them?

I should have more news this week or early next week on them. You will see it here first and I will likely do a pre order for NR members first. This however depends on me getting back up and running tonight.

It's gonna be a long night!

I should have more news this week or early next week on them. You will see it here first and I will likely do a pre order for NR members first. This however depends on me getting back up and running tonight.

It's gonna be a long night!

omgomgomg:happydance:

Looks great.

Filtration covers will exist very soon. See I swear I really do listen to everyones ideas :P

I have quite a few other things up my sleeve for next week too.

Having a issue with the cnc for the last two days set me back but I hope to be back up and running tomorrow and getting some of these orders out to people.

Let me be the first to test drive and review the cover! If its built like your aquariums i'm sure it'll be awesome!

buddythelion

Has anyone custom ordered a tank around 25-30 gallons? I have a 12 gallon running out of space but don't see the need to upgrade to only a few more gallons. These pico aquariums are really hot though!

Has anyone custom ordered a tank around 25-30 gallons? I have a 12 gallon running out of space but don't see the need to upgrade to only a few more gallons. These pico aquariums are really hot though!

My custom 30x20x16 starphire glass custom is roughly 42 gallons!!

Deleted User 4

yay!!! My manta ray 18 is being shipped today, boy I can't wait!!! thanks Chris!!!! for all those wonderful services you've given to me!! :D

This is Chris's e-mail response to my quote and me trying to understand the shipping quote. He became rude at the end, why? Frustration and lack of the ability/know how to speak with potential customers. He called me "guy"? Why the attitude Chris. I hope you haven't treated/talked to other people who actually had to pay you for something.

To me personally, customer service is of up most importance of any business these days. It's what keeps people coming back. By you responding in that way, it will yield people from asking anymore questions that they have about your products/costs/shipping, etc. Simply be uncomfortable to do business with you.

As for me, I'll ask about whatever I don't know about and am unsure of. The only stupid question is one that is not asked.

I hope you learn.

chris delicath service@picoaquariums.com

Apr 9

to JT

UPS mandates 4" of void fill from the sides of the box hence the size of the packing entered in the quote in this case a box 38 x 24 x 24 "i can see the next question why 24", because it is the next available box size". The 120lb is not what is being billed. Dimensional weight is being billed for the size of the box because the dimensional calculation exceeds the actual weight which would be about 70lb. This is a 3/8" glass tank guy I don't know what to tell you. they are expensive to ship either way. To be honest I have gone way past my comfort zone in enplaning all this to you and I feel at this point what I have to offer is just not for you. I wish you luck with your search for a aquarium that fits your needs.

PicO Aquariums

You forgot to mention the 7 emails prior to this where you insisted on getting my pricing structure and trying to compare it to Glass Cages. :ninja: Answering a question about a product is what I do for dozens of people everyday. Trying to explain why shipping cost are what they are and why a 3/8" glass tank is more then a 1/4" glass tank is not. You send me a email asking for a quote and I send you a quote if it's not competitive with Glass Cages then go to Glass Cages. You made our correspondence uncomfortable and I decided I didn't want to continue. coming here a month down the road and posting the result of a long drawn out conversation in a attempt to discredit my excellent record for customer service makes you look bad not me.

Deleted User 4
You forgot to mention the 7 emails prior to this where you insisted on getting my pricing structure and trying to compare it to Glass Cages. :ninja: Answering a question about a product is what I do for dozens of people everyday. Trying to explain why shipping cost are what they are and why a 3/8" glass tank is more then a 1/4" glass tank is not. You send me a email asking for a quote and I send you a quote if it's not competitive with Glass Cages then go to Glass Cages. You made our correspondence uncomfortable and I decided I didn't want to continue. coming here a month down the road and posting the result of a long drawn out conversation in a attempt to discredit my excellent record for customer service makes you look bad not me.

+1, I totally agree with Chris.

So do you usually call people who e-mail you about your product and services "guy" with an obvious negative attitude. I really don't understand how I made you feel uncomfortable asking about quotes and rate differences, I thought I was being friendly and courteous about the quotes and even said "I understand" but I guess you became frustrated over the progression of questions and e-mails.

I'm not trying to discredit your service, just letting you know how I felt after you refused my business.

Just letting others out there know that you have that type of mentality in you. I'm done.

his email was pretty cordial man, im not sure what the problem is other than the word guy, which really isnt all that bad. but I only see one email and none of the others.you cant really expect us to infer context from that can you?

he politely stated that he was done explaining stuff, told you he couldnt help you and wished you luck finding another vendor.

Archived