Innovative Marine Aquariums

PicO Aquariums

PicO Aquariums

Deleted User 4
Im going to run it for a while w/out skimmer and see how it goes, i feed my acans more than my fish so if I see things are starting to get out of control I'll probably invest. I just didn't like the fact that the skimmer cup would sit above the tank but if i need one I need one. You start your build thread yet?

Yeah, click the link above my signature!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AWESOME UPDATE!! THANK YOU CHRIS! YOU DA MAN!

gave chris an idea to finish the back of the AIO for his awesome nano's. He took the ball and ran with it! he built the most awesome finished top i've seen to date! He made me the prototype and it's perfect for the AI Nano's when you install it on the filter wall using the bracket that comes with the AI Nano. If he chooses to sell this product I would highly suggest you buy one. It finishes the look of the tank like you wouldn't believe. enough talking and here's a few photos of the quality of the product. Thank you Chris. You as well as Picoaquariums.com are amazing! Great to have an Awesome American Company that still has products design and built in America!

The standard filtration area in the back of the aquarium without the new cover.

IMG_1147.jpg

The filter area with the new cover built by picoaquariums.com

IMG_1146.jpg

another shot

IMG_1145.jpg

and to show you the precision finish and quality work of picoaquariums.com

IMG_1148.jpg

Outlets710

Reefsahoy, Cover does look damn good, hopefully I will receive a nice little crate here by Friday.

what in the world do you have going on in your filtration? :) each to his own,hell maybe Ill get some ideas.

I'm just trying to keep mine as simple as possible, led for fug,pump , vortech ,and possibly an ATO if I can find one I can rely on and looks discreetly enough.

Outlets710
Looks awesome!

Your tank looks grt

My dimensions are going to be pretty close to yours just not as deep,30x14x16 with filtration on side making it a peninsula tank, have any updated FTS. Sorry to hear about the fish eating Vortech, does that happen often?

Your tank looks grt

My dimensions are going to be pretty close to yours just not as deep,30x14x16 with filtration on side making it a peninsula tank, have any updated FTS. Sorry to hear about the fish eating Vortech, does that happen often?

There's a cpl new pics I put up a few days ago. Your peninsula tank will be sweet! With the vortech it's known to happen, I've had it since November and no one ever gets stuck to it, maybe now that its at 100% the suction was a bit too much when he got to close I guess, I put the foam cover over it so it shouldnt happen now.

Reefsahoy, Cover does look damn good, hopefully I will receive a nice little crate here by Friday.

what in the world do you have going on in your filtration? :) each to his own,hell maybe Ill get some ideas.

I'm just trying to keep mine as simple as possible, led for fug,pump , vortech ,and possibly an ATO if I can find one I can rely on and looks discreetly enough.

Lol, right now all i have is an ato, a phosphate reactor, thermometer and the dosing pump is hooked up but not powered on because i have very little consumption in the tank due to little corals. I may eventually add a skimmer. I may have to adapt the cover made by chris using a hole saw to put a hole for skimmer cup. I also have a fuge light but it's also not on because ihave no cheato.

buddythelion

Hey Pico Aquariums,

Are there any plans for making larger AIOs to compete with Cadlights, Solana, and Red Sea Max? I believe a 30 gallon option would be popular for many of us who wish to upgrade from our smaller nanos. I know I'd opt for one!

PicO Aquariums

I would but everyone complains about shipping so gave up. Everyone loves the quotes till I get to the shipping. :P

People call you an a hole? Pansies these days, I swear. "He didn't lie to me to make me feel better!"

I'm big on quotation today...I'll just run with it.

PicO Aquariums

I have always been kind straight forward with people. Some people dont like that.

Outlets710
I would but everyone complains about shipping so gave up. Everyone loves the quotes till I get to the shipping. :P

I don't recall complaining, I was a little in shock lol but wasn't complaining.

This isn't a cheap hobby by any means so if someone is complaining now about the money I suggest they start collecting sea shells or something because because the pain only gets worse :D

"What do you mean a $300 pump?"

"It's an MP10, it's awesome!"

"It just moves water!?"

"...it moves it really well..."

/quotation jokes.

PicO Aquariums
I don't recall complaining, I was a little in shock lol but wasn't complaining.

This isn't a cheap hobby by any means so if someone is complaining now about the money I suggest they start collecting sea shells or something because because the pain only gets worse :D

Nope. You have been great to work with.

buddythelion

Oh owe. Are we talking like around 500-600 with shipping?

PicO Aquariums

Freight shipping is form 150 to 300+ depending on residential, liftgate, inside delivery and whatnot.

Outlets710
There's a cpl new pics I put up a few days ago. Your peninsula tank will be sweet! With the vortech it's known to happen, I've had it since November and no one ever gets stuck to it, maybe now that its at 100% the suction was a bit too much when he got to close I guess, I put the foam cover over it so it shouldnt happen now.

I'll check them out, never done a peninsula before so not too sure on the aqauascaping yet. Was thinking of using rods and drilling going for a bonsai look but I move my rock around so much whenever I start a new tank I don't think that would work for me. Any pics or suggestions welcome. Might just go with two islands. Good call on the foam cover, ill def put it on.

Lol, right now all i have is an ato, a phosphate reactor, thermometer and the dosing pump is hooked up but not powered on because i have very little consumption in the tank due to little corals. I may eventually add a skimmer. I may have to adapt the cover made by chris using a hole saw to put a hole for skimmer cup. I also have a fuge light but it's also not on because ihave no cheato.

That's a lot of stuff lol but it's good, less maintaince and w Chris' cover it hides it all.

"What do you mean a $300 pump?"

"It's an MP10, it's awesome!"

"It just moves water!?"

"...it moves it really well..."

/quotation jokes.

Right, love it

Was gonna get a tank that needed freight, but I realized it'd be too big to move especially 3 times a year. So I went with a taller manta ray 15.

Chris is great to talk to as well! Awesome customer service considering he's the only doing all the work. That's hard to get by.

Outlets710
Was gonna get a tank that needed freight, but I realized it'd be too big to move especially 3 times a year. So I went with a taller manta ray 15.

Chris is great to talk to as well! Awesome customer service considering he's the only doing all the work. That's hard to get by.

Your right until he gets things off the ground he's a one man show. Definitely not easy especially when you have a family.

Sorry about that, didn't mean to crack head pm you Chris. The second one has all the good bits any way lol.

Deleted User 4

+1

• 3 months later...

Archived