inTank Media Baskets

The Frag Farmer....

FlCandy

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
from what I gather they are just moving locations

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Frag-Far...206890082658343

Right but their posting on CL that they are closing and pursuing different business ventures. I checked the pics on Rob's page vs the CL pics, their the same.

They are saying one thing and doing another again, and now I am the one being harassed and threatened. FFS all I did was re to a CL add.

Okay so he emailed me telling me to stop bothering him or he would sue me for harassment.....

honestly Im completely on your side that they were a COMPLETE jerk to you (phrasing it nicely...), but you should have stopped any form of communication with them a long time ago. the fact that you are still in contact with them over something that never even happened is a little bit crazy

honestly Im completely on your side that they were a COMPLETE jerk to you (phrasing it nicely...), but you should have stopped any form of communication with them a long time ago. the fact that you are still in contact with them over something that never even happened is a little bit crazy

I DIDN"T KNOW IT WAS THEM UNTIL AFTER! It was a CL add!

Not an attorney but I think this vendor posted your personal information on facebook right? That violates your privacy I would imagine, something he would need to answer to. Facebook has very strict laws about this kind of thing, with a couple of click you could get his profile shut down for violation of privacy.

Man, I literally cannot believe this is still going on and I still don't have any bags of milk.

As long as it's the truth it's not slander fwiw.

I DIDN"T KNOW IT WAS THEM UNTIL AFTER! It was a CL add!

How about you leave them alone from this point forward? The problems will disappear I promise. A mod should close this thread and we can take all this crazy chit chat to Metrokats max thread.

MY OWN EXPERIENCE.

tl;dr version: I bought a box of corals from them. Over half the corals were wrong and did NOT match the pictures. I filed a chargeback for $1,600. They called over and over. I ignored them. I got my money back.

They said you stole from them, I have the email.

I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous. There are always two sides to every story, and this one is no exception. First, let me start off by saying that the things posted by "Frag Farmer" were inexcusable. I'm not arguing that. This post is in reference to the transaction with "The Frag Farmer." This was my first experience with FF, so I don't have any loyalties to them.

I'm the one who ended up with the clam (the clam the OP threatened to sue over...not kidding.) Our club's group buy was going on in the background with FF. I requested the clam several hours before the OP posted on Facebook that the clam was nice but that she didn't have the funds. While the OP was asking questions about the clam...and eventually if FF took PayPal (NOT what type of payment...but specifically PayPal)...my payment was processing. The OP then told FF to hold the clam and she would be there several days later. To my knowledge, FF never promised to hold the clam for her...in fact it said on their page that they do not hold. Eventually I posted that I hoped I got the clam since I sent my payment in (but again, I didn't know if I was the first with payment since they don't hold.) Luckily, I was. That was not me "asking to buy the clam"...that was me just having a conversation on Facebook. Life does not happen 100% solely on Facebook. The OP harrassed FF on how to buy the clam when there was already a transaction going on in the background.

FF offered, in order to make two happy customers, to sell one of us the original crocea and to the other a teardrop maxima 50% off (so both clams would be the same price). I have been dying for a teardrop and was going to accept the offer until I saw how the OP was acting toward FF with multiple repeatitive posts.

If I owned a business and someone I had never met told me they had no money but to hold something for several days, I highly doubt I would...especially if I was based on selling bulk potentially perishable items. Not to mention having several interested buyers and one with payment on the way.

So, I know the OP is upset that she thought she could have something she was not promised, but we need to all step back and realize...this is over a CLAM. Threatening lawsuits over a CLAM is just silly. (I know there are some probably legit claims out there, but this is just about the OP's post.)

Move on. There are other clams in the sea. ;)

IMG_0023.jpg

I did just that, asked if there were other Croeca clam. If you had been as Mature as you state you would have taken the Teardrop as they offered. I clearly stated I was not interested in one of those, and I asked about payment, the best way to make a sale is to provide a for for the person. They DID NOT!

I fully understand wanting it...it's nice. But this is all ridiculous. Money talks, especially in this economy. I know FF has a bad rep and has upset a lot of people, but I think in this case, what happened is being blown out of proportion in order to further destroy a business.

One clam going to one person instead of another when the company offered a very nice replacement does not justify this sort of bashing. I've heard other stories...where if that was the full story...then yes, bash away. But this...ugh...just stop.

I can post everything regarding this, and their site does state they would hold an order up to 10 days but wouldn't guarantee alive animals when you got them. Check the site with nothing on it.

You know i am glad that the guy who got the clam posted because I have ordered from Russ many times and I have never had a problem. The fact is that he may have a bit of a temper sometimes (and I'm sure he wouldn't disagree) but he was just getting to the end of his rope dealing with a rude and pretty pathetic customer. I'm sorry but a lawsuit because he said he would make you eat a clam? haha Personally, I would love to eat a couple clams right now! ;) You wanna know what I find interesting? This guy posted all of Russell's RESPONSES but not what he was responding to! If I had to guess, what he had to say to the Frag Farmer was way worse than the response. Something pushed Russ over the edge, and all though it was a bit unprofessional there is no reason to not order from him for it. It is his company and he can respond the way he pleases. There are so many customers at my workplace I would LOVE to call *@()*#)( and tell them to shove it! Because when you get little *itches like this guy, it takes all your energy not to go over the edge. ITS A CLAM FOR GOD'S SAKE! I want to let everyone know that if you pay them the respect they deserve you will get it back. I ask them questions all the time (even stupid ones!) and they respond quickly and nicely. They always have given me good advice and even gotten me good deals from other people. Russ is not an a**hole. Not in general anyways. If anyone attended the Frights and Frags convention and saw what they did there and got to meet them and talk to them you would realize this. The fact that people are so pretentious and go off of what others say in making a decision makes me sad for the world. Make your own experiences! Do NOT just take one little whiny snotty boy's word for things. Get him a tissue and move on. The lesson of the day is that if you don't show you respect you won't receive it in return. When it all comes down to it, this man is just a little rich boy crying because he didn't get what he wanted, and everyone knows little rich boys have to get EVERYTHING they want. Stop making judgements based on others or else you will miss out on some of the greater things on life. You can disagree and many will, but the fact is that I am tired of business being run by people who have to constantly kiss a** just to get a good rep. Be kind to those that are there to help you. And that's my speech for the day. BTW I joined this forum solely to respond to this thread because it made me so angry. HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!! :)

Russ I know this is you I would like a PM if possible.

I told them I WAS GOING TO BUY it and asked how to pay, sent email no response. Then after a hour it's posted that it's sold. I had no response, and if email and Facebook are the only places for information you need more on your website to look legit, and have an option to pay online. Makes people feel they are dealing with a REAL company.

^^^

joined 20 some odd minutes ago

also the 'buyer' joined just to post that. not saying anything is overtly obvious here

but i mean...

:)

also fyi you were dealing with a woman. not a man.

oh, i meant 'he was dealing with a woman' :rolleyes:

Thank you I am a Woman, if anyone took 2 seconds to actually read and just not respond they would know who the OP was and have read everything. I can repost everything if necessary.

My name is Rachael ****** and you can find me on Facebook. I am a 21 year old woman and not connected to Russ in any way shape or form. I just have ideas and views on the way people treat each other and am not afraid to share them. I am not a kiss ass and I do not work for him. Truthfully I am even new to the hobby. So I do not want people thinking this is Russ and giving him any more #### because of what i wrote.

Also the fact is that Im not saying that you shouldnt listen to a vast amount of people saying they found a scam. I am saying that piling on one man's experience and using ONE experience to ruin your view of another person is wrong. The fact is that no one here knows the WHOLE story of what happened. I dont even know the whole story. I'm just saying that people need to step back and realize that one bad experience or a few bad experiences among many great ones should not be enough to ruin someone. I am not attempting to light a fire, just put an unnecessary one out.

Hello I am a chick, you saw my posts on FB and theirs, or their lack of. Everyone has been provided with links and whole copies of emails, I will have a new one at the bottom of them harassing me again after responding to a CL add today.

Why is it a big deal I joined to post my side of the story? I don't have a nano-reef, so I don't come to this forum (although I used to...no idea what my screenname was back then.) I heard about this thread, and I thought there was more to the story than what the OP said. I really don't like it when people cause drama just to cause drama and bash a place based on no personal experiences. (For those of you with personal experiences, that doesn't apply to you.)

Have you read everything? Facebook, my posted emails, EZ's screen shots? Proof is there huny.

It'd be better if you had jell-o wrestling matches instead of pillow fights...

My .02, if i was the OP i would be upset about this "Russ" guys attitude, not that i didnt get the clam. Like others have said, other clams will become available. I'm sure everyone has become upset at people before, some have shorter fuses then other (myself being one of them) but i would never get on Facebook and lash out at a customer and put them down if I ran a business...

I would be so down for some jell-o wrestling bring it on. I am only upset with the customer service or lack there of and now the harassing emails after seeing a CL add. Not the Clam I live in FL and can get an awesome clam for less 5 minutes away.

LMAO, I'm glad I noticed this thread... I'm siding with the OP. for those "new guys who just joined...just to post here" GTFO, you're story reeks, OP has established themselves in this community and has friends here. I personally was able to STOP my local club from doing a group buy with these guys by just FORWARDING this thread link to our site. I posted nothing else. seems that an entire COMMUNITY of people made a decision based on what they read...you two have fun ordering from you're buddy, since you're new you'll get burned eventually and when it does just look in a mirror for the person to blame. Seems to me that you're the one doing the whining and crying, - > here's that tissue you wanted.

@ ReefdUp if you just posted to give you're side of the story you wouldn't of given you're PERSONAL opinions of the OP (rich kid, whiney, needs a tissue) seriously??? go back to you're day job and supersize my fries....

people like this need to have their brains monkey stomped out their @$$...

there, I said my peace...now Sod off...

Thanks I am anything but whiny, rich and needing a tissue. I work 40 hours a week for minimal pay, getting scratched and bitten by dogs and cats. I EARN my money and when I asked questions about the item I was labeled as needy and %$^&*& which I think is unreasonable. If I am spending $$ on an animal I would like to know what kind of condition it was in etc. Is that too much to ask?

I do not think the OP is a little rich GIRL that is mad because she did not get the clam. I think it comes down to the principle. I also heard she likes to pillow fight. ;)

I am not Rich by any means, I wish I were but I am not, that is why spending 50$ online on a clam was a big deal and I asked questions. If I were rich I would just say "Charge it" (no offense meant)

And Yes I do! ;)

I sure hope flcandy doesn't choke on a clam

TY

Let's get randi all heated again....

If you google the frag farmer and check out the posts of other forums linking to NR you'll notice they all think randi i s a little boy crying about someone threatening to beat w/ clam....lol :awaits the firey redhead:

:slap::rant:

Okay guys this is their email I got today All I did was respond to a CL add and see if they would still like to work something out after I figured out who they were.

Dear Sir,

Please keep running to NR where only you share your opinion. Everyone else has made a complete joke of it. Your rant has done nothing but gained us 200% more business all from your area of Florida. Not to mention everyone is satisfied with lots of beautiful clams.

I would never even bother my mother with your pity shenanigans. I would show up to court in pajamas. Unfortunately that's what happens when I let Russ reply for me - he says stupid #### that has lead to me having to deal with Jackasses like yourself.

Take your bull#### elsewhere. Save every post and every email and put them wadded up tightly in a folder for your lawyer. I welcome the day I see you in a court room.

Please feel free to continue the post as much as possible if you have not realized that this gain in business is the reason for me responding at all. Everyone knows your full of #### - even the employees of your favorite LFSs who were in my store today buying coral. Just remember one way or another your little $20 for a clam is still going to end up I'm my pocket.

Have a sad and pitiful life.

Sincerely,

Robert Andrews

Reef 411 - The Frag Farmer, LLC

P.S. Lake Worth is where I dump by trash.

SO yeah I don't care I am done with this thread and the people who run that company. I now will have to research all my CL adds more and the LFS and who they buy from.

I never intended to attack anyone and wanted to warn people only that if something went other then perfect TFF is not the place for customer service. If you need links and copies I can send any and everything, I am not an unpleasant woman or irrational, I had tried to find a way to pay for the clam and all they stated was they didn't take payapl. I checked the site and nothing said I had to call with a CC# and it only stated to call with questions.

There was no ordering options ANYWHERE.

I am done being harassed, and called a boy, If you did any real reading you would find out that I am a married 26year old Woman Happily married and living just at my means. Corals and inverts are a luxury for me not something I can buy at a whim. I'm still building a stand we started a month ago due to lack of funding or time!

This will be my last post as I cared nothing regarding the clam there s billions out there, it's they way they treat people when something goes wrong. I asked for them to simply email me when the new order came in and I would check then and that's how this all started.

Again I am a Woman not a little boy as some may think.

I actually found this part pretty funny:

Have a sad and pitiful life.

Sincerely,

Robert Andrews

Reef 411 - The Frag Farmer, LLC

P.S. Lake Worth is where I dump by trash.

"P.S. Lake Worth is where I dump by trash."

LOL

surgicalsense
Okay so he emailed me telling me to stop bothering him or he would sue me for harassment..... I sent two emails, so I didn't respond, now he is still emailing me saying his mom is a lawyer and this thread is slander when it's in a vendor feedback forum..... And that I attacked them here?

I am NOT the only one who had a bad time with them.

OMG go back and cry to your mommie little boy. FFS all I wanted to do was buy a cheap tank.

:lol: .... I have to point out the first thing I noticed. This is how he wrote this informal (email) letter to you?

Shame on him, them, whichever and whatever.

If his "lawyer mom" had a lick of sense, she would know that written "slander" is not slander at all, it is called Libel. Not to mention, she would be suing this website, being that mods deemed this thread okay.

On top of all that, she didn't spread lies. It is all backed up by proof of screenshots and such.

Archived