Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Ethan's 12g Vagabond Tank

ScubaEthan

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh no Ethan. I'm sorry the rics didn't show up. If they die or don't show up let me know when you get back home and I'll send you more. I have 3 or 4 frags left you can pick from. And I'll mail them myself this time. My guess is hubby messed up somehow and miswrote your address or didn't do the two day priority like I told him to. :angry:

I missed that you were heading to Florida! Have fun! And you'll have to find an awesome LFS to stop by while you're there. I'm regretting never having a reef tank while I lived in FL because now when I ogle livestock online, most of it gets shipped from Florida. Sealife Inc is in Florida, Reefcleaners is in Florida, and my new dwarf seahorses will even be coming from Florida. That will be my last 3 online order all coming from Florida! :lol:

ScubaEthan

So my roommates got the package yesterday and put them in the bucket I set up with just a heater. They said they were super slimy and were going to sing the "sharkbait hoo haha" chant. Anything else they should do?

They said they were super slimy and were going to sing the "sharkbait hoo haha" chant.

:lol:

In all seriousness, I'm sorry it turned out that way :(

Any pictures of Florida?

So my roommates got the package yesterday and put them in the bucket I set up with just a heater. They said they were super slimy and were going to sing the "sharkbait hoo haha" chant. Anything else they should do?

Crap! If they don't make it I'll send you another pair!

I never heard of a LFS being closed on a Monday. It must be like dog groomers or something :lol:

Ours is closed on Monday, too. I always thought that made good sense since more people are available on weekends. My hair salon is also closed on Mondays. Maybe we should just close everything on Monday... :lol:!

Ethan, tank looks great! I love the blue-spotted mushy one :).

ScubaEthan

I made it back alive and not hung over. Three days camping on the beach, cooking out, waking up at 6am cause it's too hot to sleep past that, meeting lots of awesome people, flip cup and beer pong competitions... it was great. I'm ginger and don't tan, I burn, but the only bad burns are around my shoulders and neck. I'm just glad I don't have raccoon eyes this time!

Three mile bridge and bug massacre.

2012-05-25_07-07-16_222.jpg

How I started every morning.

2012-05-25_09-41-32_555.jpg

This was also taken in the morning. My phone died so I didn't take any photos during the day when there was tons of people.

2012-05-25_07-54-58_841.jpg

We found "the end" of tents. Looking back towards the hotels, you can't see the end of the lines of tents. I read they expected as many as 150,000 people in Pensacola!

2012-05-27_16-35-54_481.jpg

People camp cause parking and getting in and out of the beach is a nightmare. My friend got stuck in the sand.

2012-05-27_16-36-04_854.jpg

2012-05-27_16-36-24_18.jpg

2012-05-27_16-35-40_504.jpg

I stopped by Gulf Breeze National Seashore.

2012-05-27_12-19-21_232.jpg

2012-05-27_12-16-22_37.jpg

By the last day we were exhausted so we finally showered and went out then slept in AC. This was a show outside on the beach.

2012-05-28_01-57-12_503.jpg

Bikini clad? How about half naked. Lots of girls on the beach were topless or had pasties.

When I got back to the ricordeas, they were kind of melted :(

I called three LFS and they were all closed Sunday and Monday. Oh well, better for my wallet haha.

It's so nice to come home to your tank after being gone for several days and everything looking great! Good sense of accomplishment.

Great pictures, Ethan!!!!!! I want to camp on the beach. We did that here and it was miserable. Too cold, windy, and did I mention cold??????? In August no less :(

ScubaEthan

Well it was hot. H-O-T hot. Like I said, you couldn't even sleep in the tent past 6am. Even the night I went to sleep at 4, I was up by 7 sweating. The water felt sooo good.

Well it was hot. H-O-T hot. Like I said, you couldn't even sleep in the tent past 6am. Even the night I went to sleep at 4, I was up by 7 sweating. The water felt sooo good.

I like it HOT :lol:

ScubaEthan
I like it HOT :lol:

:lol: I don't though. I hate heat and humidity. I'm going to move in the near future. I dream of the Pacific Northwest. Maybe I can find my way there in a couple of years.

surgicalsense

Caught up now with your thread :D

Sorry about the rics. Lame.

Nice trip to Fl looked wonderful. Hopefully I will make that trip soon also. We are planning several after the move and being settled. Your tank is also looking wonderful and has come along nicely Ethan.

I was in Florida as well last week as well...a bit further down the coast from where you were (in Alligator Point/Bald Point). There were way fewer girls in stripper garb there. On the flip side, way fewer people in general so not all bad. Saw a couple of filefish and a small sea robin one day and tried my hand at blue crabbing (had to catch and release through...FLA apparently now requires a license even on non-commercial recreational fishing, from boat or not.

Got a brief glare & head shake from the wife as we passed the aquarium store in Tallahasse on 319, so no go on stopping. Then the AC in the car went out on the way back. Which WAS really bad.

Ethan, I swear you're the only person I've ever seen that could turn yumas into an invasive species. That front rock's just packed.

:lol: I don't though. I hate heat and humidity. I'm going to move in the near future. I dream of the Pacific Northwest. Maybe I can find my way there in a couple of years.

Welcome back! I hate the heat and humidity too, I can't breathe and I'm a bat in the summer. I only come out at night. :lol::ninja:

ScubaEthan
Caught up now with your thread :D

Sorry about the rics. Lame.

Nice trip to Fl looked wonderful. Hopefully I will make that trip soon also. We are planning several after the move and being settled. Your tank is also looking wonderful and has come along nicely Ethan.

I was in Florida as well last week as well...a bit further down the coast from where you were (in Alligator Point/Bald Point). There were way fewer girls in stripper garb there. On the flip side, way fewer people in general so not all bad. Saw a couple of filefish and a small sea robin one day and tried my hand at blue crabbing (had to catch and release through...FLA apparently now requires a license even on non-commercial recreational fishing, from boat or not.

Got a brief glare & head shake from the wife as we passed the aquarium store in Tallahasse on 319, so no go on stopping. Then the AC in the car went out on the way back. Which WAS really bad.

Ethan, I swear you're the only person I've ever seen that could turn yumas into an invasive species. That front rock's just packed.

I had no idea what to expect. My friend who recently moved to Pensacola had not been either. I am not big on huge crowds but it was still cool. Sounds like you had a great time too.

haha on the wife glare!

B) I wish... I bought that whole rock for $45 at Petco. They had no idea it was worth much more. I counted about 30 heads when I got it. A good many were tiny baby yumas, but they have all grown! They are the most colorful yumas but I do love the texture.

Welcome back! I hate the heat and humidity too, I can't breathe and I'm a bat in the summer. I only come out at night. :lol::ninja:

So we'll meet for sushi at 9pm? haha jk I am a bat too. It gets dark and I have a new burst of energy :ninja:

Looks like the weather was gorgeous for your trip! The beach photos make me almost miss Florida a bit, but then I remember the 95 degree heat with 100% humidity that you can't see in the picture :lol: I've also got the ginger complexion, so I never did well at the beach and was always the pale Floridian that stood out like a sore thumb. Glad you had fun though! Did you not get any diving in while you were there? That's what I miss most about Florida is being able to dive without my 7mm wetsuit, hood, gloves, and boots.

Pacific Northwest is the way to go. I'm definitely not a heat worshiper, but I'm also not a fan of snow for months on end. Northern CA is perfect because the daytime temperatures are usually in the 60's or low 70's. We're also within driving distance of San Francisco, the beach, wine country, and Tahoe. :D

:lol: Love it! Sounds about like me when I lived in Florida. I hunkered down in the AC until it was dark and bearable to go outside.

Which Petco were you at? The few I've been to in the ATL metro area haven't had corals or saltwater fish worth mentioning.

Glad you had a good time. Florida's HOT though come the summer proper! I usually only head down there in off season both for the drop in rental prices and the generally milder temps.

Spirofucci

Wow! Nice pics Ethan!. Personally I love the heat and blue water. I think I gonna retire in Costa Rica.

Wow! Nice pics Ethan!. Personally I love the heat and blue water. I think I gonna retire in Costa Rica.

+1

What type blood are you? I'm type O negative. I have a theory about blood type and temperature. I'm always cold and I think type O is a thinner blood but I don't know that for sure. I would rather be too hot than cold :lol: Sweating is good for you too....natural chelation ;)

Archived