Top Shelf Aquatics

Ethan's 12g Vagabond Tank

ScubaEthan

ScubaEthan
That looks pretty good too Danielle. There are too many options for things to dump in our tanks! I would definitely just recommend getting something by Brightwell. They're stuff is great and they have quite a few things you can use without testing all the time.

There are waaaaay too many options! After seeing more reviews, I'm definitely going to get something from Brightwell. Probably the amino cause it specifically states that it encourages growth and color.

This is the perfect multi-vit. Specially because I am dork with these chemical compounds for the tank :wacko:

Mee tooo

That's why she broke up with you? I guess I missed that. I'm a grad student in science doing research on human embryonic stem cells. If its been proven by science, I believe it. So of course I believe in evolution. I'm also a "Christian" (although I hate going to church because of the closed-mindedness) since my grandfather is a minister. I just don't see why you can't believe the bible and believe in evolution. The bible says god created us in his image and it all took 7 days. Why does god have to have the same sense of time as us? Maybe when they say 7 days it was actually millions of years because the people who wrote the bible at the time couldn't comprehend that much time. And if he created us in his image, who says he didn't do it through evolution? I don't see why god can't just have some hand in the proven science versus just saying poof and everything appears as is. Just my 2 cents :D

Yeah... apparently several of us have been MIA lately. She wanted a break but once it came out that the main thing was religion, it was mutual, cause I can't change just like that. It sucks, but we're working on being best friends because we do love each other's company... just not the right match.

She believe in evolution. The Darwin fish wasn't directed at her, just in general. I believe that religion and science can align, just as you said. I just don't specifically believe in an almighty power or why we have to be saved. I grew up Christian and have just never gotten it. I believe a lot of the stories in the Bible are based on some truth and that Jesus was a pretty cool dude. Anyway, your research is really awesome. Thank you for your work.

Edit ...and wow, the conversational thread really went a different way while I wasn't paying attention. I dunno..my own experience is that post-breakup the "friends w/ benefits" thing's often about as stable as chugging pop rocks and coca cola. Mixed with nitroglycerine. While participating in a pogo stick marathon.

But if it's working well for you, cool deal! Sometimes dating just gets in the way of a great relationship.

I'll let you know how the Brightwell stuff goes. I haven't been to any ARC speaker :mellow:

Haha yeeaahh.... but I'm really enjoying it right now....

Friends with benefits ;)

Just hope it doesn't blow up in my face. She showed me a guy she's been talking to online and I showed her some I'm interested in and she messaged them (cause I'm shy) and said I'll thank her later... lol weirdest break up ever.

ANYWAY... currently shopping online to find which site has the best deal for all this stuff. Totally blowing my budget this month. Again. But my boss accidentally paid me twice so I got all my money for a month already haha. B)

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ScubaEthan

Surprisingly, Drs. Foster & Smith was the cheapest.

Panorama Pro blue/magenta, Brightwell Coral Amino, Chemi-Pure Elite, Purigen bag, a couple little thermometers, and Formula One flakes for the clowns to vary their diet. $126 and free shipping. Other sites were $140 + shipping. Now we wait 7 long days :huh:

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE EVERYTHING GLOW!!!!!!!

(I rarely use caps. This is how excited I am.)

Also, a friend came over and said something about all the plants... he freaked when I said they were animals and spot fed them :D

ScubaEthan
YAYYY new stuff!

:happydance:

Lol...awkward when an ex is picking up girls for you....have a dos equis

lol I don't find it that awkward. Again... weirdest break up ever.

"If you type in 'Stairway to Heaven' on Google Earth, you’ll see his house."

You are going to absolutely LOVE that blue/magenta pro!!!!!!! I couldn't believe the difference when I added mine :happy:

What is a Darwin fish? I'm gonna have to google to see what it looks like.

Glad you found a great deal. Dr. F&S is my least favorite place to order from because they are so slow! It takes forever to get their packages. I've been spoiled by Marine Depot's next day shipping...it helps to be in CA :)

Just looked it up. I like that!!!!! I haven't seen any on cars out here.

LOl I'm the opposite, I love Dr Fosters and Smith! They are a little more expensive on a few things but you get free shipping for orders over $49. Also they ship out of WI so I get my packages the day after I order :)

http://brightwellaquatics.com/products/korallevm.php

... this is what I use for my SW and only this. I do not dose with anything else. Seems to do the trick also.

Yeah -- thanks for the link! I was just thinking yesterday about adding a little something just for corals.

@Ethan -- just letting you know I'm still around:-) and reading the thread. I think WAAY too much about science and religion to be anything but exhausted by the whole conversation (whine whine). Clearly, I need to drink more beer.

ScubaEthan
You are going to absolutely LOVE that blue/magenta pro!!!!!!! I couldn't believe the difference when I added mine :happy:

What is a Darwin fish? I'm gonna have to google to see what it looks like.

I can't wait!

Haha I didn't even think about how it could be confused with a marine fish. I bet a real live darwin fish would look pretty cool. Lots of variety, like darwin finches :P

LOl I'm the opposite, I love Dr Fosters and Smith! They are a little more expensive on a few things but you get free shipping for orders over $49. Also they ship out of WI so I get my packages the day after I order :)

Yeah I can wait a few more days to not have to pay $10-15 in shipping. Usually they are more expensive but I was surprised by some of the cheaper prices with what I got.

Yeah -- thanks for the link! I was just thinking yesterday about adding a little something just for corals.

@Ethan -- just letting you know I'm still around:-) and reading the thread. I think WAAY too much about science and religion to be anything but exhausted by the whole conversation (whine whine). Clearly, I need to drink more beer.

lol it's not 5 o'clock yet! I think a lot too. I was raised Christian and I think I'm the only one in my family who is not... but they don't know. I tried not to write a whole bunch and derail my thread.

As far as the tank goes, you haven't missed much. I've been lazy. But trying to get back into it big time and stop being a bum.

I agree, that's a weird break-up, but it sounds like fun for the moment! I'm glad things are going ok for you and that you're not as upset about it as you were. :)

Sorry about my little rant about Christianity and science. I just get frustrated when people assume the two have to be mutually exclusive. Oh well :happy:

I'm glad you found somewhere to order everything you needed. I've used Dr. Foster and Smith several times now for their free shipping. It tends to make them much cheaper. Its just a pain waiting for a week when you're so excited for new stuff. I ordered a bunch of the stuff for my upgrade from them and I was like dying of anticipation waiting on their package so I could get started.

JoelRHale

I can attest, as Ethan's confidant in this matter, that it is, without a doubt, the weirdest break up ever. :lol:

My ex cheating on me and getting engaged to someone else while with me has nothing on this. :lol:

ScubaEthan
Its just a pain waiting for a week when you're so excited for new stuff. I ordered a bunch of the stuff for my upgrade from them and I was like dying of anticipation waiting on their package so I could get started.

But it already shipped today! So that's a start.

I can attest, as Ethan's confidant in this matter, that it is, without a doubt, the weirdest break up ever. :lol:

My ex cheating on me and getting engaged to someone else while with me has nothing on this. :lol:

haha that's was just #####y.

ScubaEthan
5-3-12

050312180658.jpg

3-26-12

2012-03-26_22-06-26_288.jpg

/399655_211292175629739_100002468736364_433450_594844032_n.jpg[/img]

Uploaded a new FTS for my first post. Notice the difference between the yumas at bottom right, GSP top left, the caulerpa on the far left, and the xenia has grown and walked up that rock. Most other stuff has been moved.

ScubaEthan

Is this the right paint to use on stuff that goes in my tank?

2012-05-06_16-56-52_800.jpg

Whammin' watermelons have been pissy. Snails cleaned off all the green hair algae but this other stuff has grown out. I'm gonna try to pull it off myself.

2012-05-06_16-57-55_615.jpg

I should get my Drs. Foster & Smith order Tuesday :)

Whammins may need a peroxide dip to get rid of nasties if manual removal doesn;t do it.

but we're working on being best friends because we do love each other's company... just not the right match.

Just hope it doesn't blow up in my face. She showed me a guy she's been talking to online and I showed her some I'm interested in and she messaged them (cause I'm shy) and said I'll thank her later... lol weirdest break up ever.

While it's fun to have a FWB especially with an ex, the emotional connection often makes it hard for either party to truly move on and find a meaningful relationship for themselves. Because all needs are met at the surface, there is little incentive to work hard to build a new relationship with someone unfamiliar. Enjoy your new found freedom and the break up sex with the ex, but keep your eye on the road. :)

Uploaded a new FTS for my first post. Notice the difference between the yumas at bottom right, GSP top left, the caulerpa on the far left, and the xenia has grown and walked up that rock. Most other stuff has been moved.

Nice!!

ScubaEthan

Looky looky looky. I see spots now <_< I will die of fatigue if I stay up to install it. I plan on doing a big mod with my hood. I will have to break out the dremel.

2012-05-08_02-15-15_628.jpg

ScubaEthan
omgomgomg omgomgomg
Hey Ethan! That's incredible growth!

Thanks friends!

Nice growth! I think its time to start fragging those yumas!

Want some?

Dinner June 7th?

Yes. I put you on my calendar!

Tank updates:

-Manually removed the nasties from the whammin watermelon zoas.

-New, larger clown, has expressed some dominance while feeding for the first time.

-Pierre the peppermint shrimp has been MIA for almost a week now. It was getting pretty pale/frosty looking so I assumed it was about to molt. I didn't think I'd go this long without seeing it though... hmm.

-Finally changed water last night. I won't admit how long I went.

-Replaced chemi-pure elite.

I haven't added that light yet cause Tuesday I.. uh... got busy... Wednesday is weekly friend hang out night, and I'm leaving right after work today to go to the mountains with some friends. Not only do I want to do a major mod to my hood, but after looking at it last night, I HAVE to. So that has to wait.

Each day that I make it to 5 o'clock without blowing up, storming out, and quitting is an accomplishment. But if I quit, I can't support my habit addiction.

Each day that I make it to 5 o'clock without blowing up, storming out, and quitting is an accomplishment. But if I quit, I can't support my habit addiction.

I so get this! I'm having a nice week b/c we're between classes...lovely!

Archived