inTank Media Baskets

Ethan's 12g Vagabond Tank

ScubaEthan

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ScubaEthan
Oh no! I hope waiting on them doesn't delay your trip! :o

lol it would just be the difference of driving into the night after work or the next morning.

ScubaEthan
That stinks! I sent them 2 day priority on Monday. I wonder what the heck happened?!

hmph. I'll get it today! (if not, something definitely went wrong)

Florida sounds fun!!!! Pleasure trip? How many pit stops do you think you'll make at LFS's?

Oh Gena. I had not even though about that. Now I have to Google LFS and figure out how much money I could spend.... Yes, pleasure trip.

Photos from last night. I do believe things are coloring up.

2012-05-23_22-53-25_751.jpg

2012-05-23_22-52-57_121.jpg

2012-05-23_22-52-26_533.jpg

2012-05-23_22-52-03_4.jpg

2012-05-23_22-57-28_45.jpg

2012-05-23_22-51-40_804.jpg

2012-05-23_22-51-07_31.jpg

See all those polyps? Yeah, those are new. It's coming back to life after I broke about that big dead monti and put the frags up by the light. And Kat, that brown stuff is what I was talking about.

2012-05-23_22-54-11_54.jpg

One day after peroxide bath.

2012-05-23_22-53-52_649.jpg

Looking better! Oh, and I should warn you to be on the lookout for bryopsis. I didn't know I had it. Gena and Randi spotted it in one of my pictures so you should probably dip the rics before they go in your tank. :(

ScubaEthan

New FTS after I cleaned it a lot. It's amazing how much more clear it is ha.

2012-05-23_22-49-41_769.jpg

Blasted LEDs and camera phone.

2012-05-23_23-09-02_686.jpg

2012-05-23_23-11-00_570.jpg

2012-05-23_23-10-52_967.jpg

2012-05-23_23-10-08_923.jpg

2012-05-23_23-10-27_980.jpg

Looking better! Oh, and I should warn you to be on the lookout for bryopsis. I didn't know I had it. Gena and Randi spotted it in one of my pictures so you should probably dip the rics before they go in your tank. :(

You give me bryopsis, I give you red flatworms. We can call it even lol

ScubaEthan
Look'in good scoob!

Thanks!

Gena, I found a couple LFS in Pensacola, FL and one in Montgomery, AL on the way. The problem is that I'll be leaving Monday and I bet they will all be closed Monday and Sunday... so... that's probably a good thing for my wallet.

Frag after dipping looks okay now that it has opened. Takes 3 days after a peroxide dip to see the difference in the pest algae.

The brown stuff on the SPS could be dino or other algae. Point is, on SPS algae only grows on dead parts. Your best bet would be to cut those off.

ScubaEthan
Frag after dipping looks okay now that it has opened. Takes 3 days after a peroxide dip to see the difference in the pest algae.

The brown stuff on the SPS could be dino or other algae. Point is, on SPS algae only grows on dead parts. Your best bet would be to cut those off.

Well I broke apart the monti and tried to break it as close to the remaining living part as possible. When breaking it with my fingers I didn't have a lot of control. Maybe pliers or something would help.

ScubaEthan
cuticle cutters are usually sold as frag cutters

•Nods and smiles pretending to know what those are• :) I'll find something in my toolbox.

Scuba,

Hey man I am a local here in Pensacola, if you need any advice on the LFS in the area. I think there is only one local store that is closed on mondays and you will not miss much with that store being closed. hit me up if you need directions anywhere.

Did the rics show up? I got the yuma and cloves today. They are amazing! Thanks again! I really hope you got the rics and they're okay!

ScubaEthan

Hey Reefed do you know if any are open Monday even though its Memorial day?

Sara, I didn't get them :( I put old tank water in a bucket with a heater and told my roommates to let me know when they get it. I figured they could put it in the bucket so if they are past saving they won't pollute my tank. Anyone think they will still be alive?

I'm pulling a Brad and NRing while driving. Hence the brevity.

Thanks!

Gena, I found a couple LFS in Pensacola, FL and one in Montgomery, AL on the way. The problem is that I'll be leaving Monday and I bet they will all be closed Monday and Sunday... so... that's probably a good thing for my wallet.

I never heard of a LFS being closed on a Monday. It must be like dog groomers or something :lol:

You'll have to stop in at least one Florida LFS on your trip. It wouldn't be a pleasure trip without it. Even if you don't buy anything ;)

Your pictures turned out great!!!!! I love your mushroom collection :wub:

Drive carefully. Stop driving and texting. All those times you scolded Brad and here you are doing the same :lol:

ScubaEthan

Haha but I have to let you know that I'm in Alabma now. So if you don't hear from me again tonight, send out the search party.

Archived