Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Ethan's 12g Vagabond Tank

ScubaEthan

Suggestion: Get yo' out-of-work ass over to the ATL reef club meeting/swap/tailgate party this Saturday evening. You may find someone who's willing and able to tank-sit on an extended basis, and mooch a free meal. ;-)

That's a great idea! Are you going? I haven't even logged into the ARC site in months.

Today, my out-of-work ass got up and did some self-educating in one of my design programs, spent an hour at the gym, an our at the pool, and now I'm at some friends who are going to feed me.

THAT! :D Come up to my stompin grounds! :P

OMG how have I not noticed that you are in Vancouver? I know someone in Seattle and an acquaintance in Victoria. I really want to go up there. Maybe I'll pay you a visit :)

Do you know anything about websites? I have a blog that could use some work. I probably can't pay too much but might get you some spending cash for now. I'll keep an eye out for you!

A little. I know more about print and ideally I'd love to get more into production and packaging. If I can help or not depends on what you need. You can send me a PM!

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm planning on being there. From what I understand Jenn's a little worried that there won't be enough room in their store/parking lot. It's grown from an initial 35-40 planned to an RSVP'd 100+!

I'm planning on being there. From what I understand Jenn's a little worried that there won't be enough room in their store/parking lot. It's grown from an initial 35-40 planned to an RSVP'd 100+!

Oh it's up there? Ugh that's so far and gas is so expensive. I think I'll pass :mellow:

Hey there Ethan sorry to hear about the job. Where were you designing? Currently I do design work down at Georgia Southern

I was the only designer/advertiser/marketer for a small manufacturing company. It sucked. I hear GA Sourther is good for graphic design. Are you staff or a student?

Ok so between mine and my dad's schedule, I am moving next weekend. Therefore, I either need to sell my tank ASAP (which probably won't happen) or move it to my parent's house. Does anyone have recommendations on full tank price?

Scooby post up some ads on craigslist both for the tank and for your work.

I got one bite so far on craigslist. I am so torn... I have put so much work into this tank. Getting rid of it would be sad, but getting the money would put me closer to my goals in life. Plus, I'll have to move it either way and I currently don't have any income to support it (although it is pretty much on autopilot at the moment.)

I want to move to Seattle. Maybe in another year or two I'll have a full-time job somewhere up there and can do a cold water Pacific Northwest Biome type tank :)

If I'm moving cross country, I should just sell and start over, right?

Okay, so here I will play devil's advocate, though I have no experience on which to base this. Moving cross country usually involves car travel, right? If the corals survived being shipped in small bags through the postal system, wouldn't they do okay for a couple of days in smaller containers in the car? Water movement would be the greatest challenge -- other than battery-powered pumps, I don't see how you'd keep some minimum circulation going. Taking them in and out of the car would be a hassle, too, not to mention the problem of finding a place to live once in Seattle. Hmm. I am arguing myself out of my own side even as I write this!

The Pacific Northwest is incredible! I'm sure you could find work there. When you do start one of these:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=298349

Exxxxxxactly! That is such a cool little tank.

msscha: I could move it across the country. But my plan is to do some kind of work exchange program for a bit and when I drive out there, a friend and I are doing it road trip style taking several days (at least) and stopping at National Parks along the way. Then she will fly back one-way. So I don't have any job prospect or personal living arrangements. Yet.

surgicalsense
I am willing to move anywhere, so everyone please let me know if you see any graphic designer positions. Or, if anyone needs some work done, I have a good bit of freelance experience!

Sorry about your situation.

Look at Activision|Blizzard.com ... make a profile and submit your resume.

... Not sure if this is your thing completely, just trying assist.

This is the company I work with now until I move.

... Not sure if this is your thing completely, just trying assist.

Not as much but I did check it out. Thanks!

The one bite on my tank through Craigslist just asked "How hard is it to take care of"

I'm sorry, but I cannot let my pride and joy go into your hands, no matter what you pay me, if you can't Google it or put proper punctuation in your sentence.

In other news, I'm pretty sure the little green birdsnest frag is eventually going to die. The polyps aren't quite as extended today and it's getting more pale. Proves that the LEDs are enough to support it, at least not two Panoramas. However, the pavona and red monti cap are doing great, so some SPS are okay.

surgicalsense
Not as much but I did check it out. Thanks!

:)

Activision has many studios also.

They are all around the US .... they have their own sites. Just so many to list. But you should also be able to get their names from the site I provided also.

Hey ethan,

I was wondering where you got that frag rack that you have in your most recent picture on the first page of the post. Thanks!

- Dave

Ethan, sorry it's not all worked out yet. I'd love to buy some of your corals if you're willing to try shipping again. As an aside, the shells with the cloves came back and they look good now. There's 5 or 6 tiny cloves on each one and they're growing and spreading! :happy: The yuma is awesome too! Let me know what you'd be willing to try to ship and we'll work it out. Good luck! (Oh, and once you're settled I promise to send back some of your stuff!) ;)

Hey ethan,

I was wondering where you got that frag rack that you have in your most recent picture on the first page of the post. Thanks!

- Dave

Hi Dave, I actually made that myself with one egg crate, suction cup hook for the shower, and super glue.

Ethan, sorry it's not all worked out yet. I'd love to buy some of your corals if you're willing to try shipping again. As an aside, the shells with the cloves came back and they look good now. There's 5 or 6 tiny cloves on each one and they're growing and spreading! :happy: The yuma is awesome too! Let me know what you'd be willing to try to ship and we'll work it out. Good luck! (Oh, and once you're settled I promise to send back some of your stuff!) ;)

I'm working on a price list for stuff individually. That's great to hear about the cloves! They will definitely spread in time.

I'm moving the tank tomorrow. I know it won't be too difficult and I've done it before, but it's still just kind of a pain in the butt. I have 4 gallons of saltwater mixing at my parents house, which is only about 40 minutes away. Wish me good luck!

Then I'm going camping for several days.

My mom said today, "Maybe you can teach me how to take care of it instead of selling it." We'll see :lol:

I'm moving the tank tomorrow. I know it won't be too difficult and I've done it before, but it's still just kind of a pain in the butt. I have 4 gallons of saltwater mixing at my parents house, which is only about 40 minutes away. Wish me good luck!

Then I'm going camping for several days.

My mom said today, "Maybe you can teach me how to take care of it instead of selling it." We'll see :lol:

fingerscrossed

Well that went pretty well.

I consolidated it to two buckets and a couple bags of supplies. It all fit in my Element with a sofa in the back and my camping gear for tomorrow B)

2012-06-26_14-14-24_197.jpg

Here's it's new home in my parents' breakfast room.

255218_313473505411605_1090437808_n.jpg

It's still a little cloudy and things aren't open all the way yet, but doing pretty well. I messed up the rock wall on the right and it's not as high as it used to be. Don't know how that happened.

2012-06-26_18-50-21_99.jpg

I taught my mom how to give Bozo and Bailey some flake food. I've been super slack on taking care of it over the past few weeks so I need to test the water and get it back to normal. I'll keep it for a bit until I figure out what I'm doing. Hopefully I'll find a job around Seattle within a year ;)

Update: My parents were just looking at it admiringly and my dad goes, "I kinda like it here."

Now if I could just teach him how to do water changes and they'll be pretty much set. Or I will be. Depending on how you look at it.

Archived