ReefCleaners.org

Ethan's 12g Vagabond Tank

ScubaEthan

ScubaEthan
Not sure yet ... :P

Well if you visit Atlanta, call me up!

Looks like the weather was gorgeous for your trip! The beach photos make me almost miss Florida a bit, but then I remember the 95 degree heat with 100% humidity that you can't see in the picture :lol: I've also got the ginger complexion, so I never did well at the beach and was always the pale Floridian that stood out like a sore thumb. Glad you had fun though! Did you not get any diving in while you were there? That's what I miss most about Florida is being able to dive without my 7mm wetsuit, hood, gloves, and boots.

Yeah the sun and I are not the best of friends. Northern California sounds nice :) I did not dive. I hate to sound like a snob, but I have dove in Florida and all over the Caribbean and Hawaii and it just doesn't compare. Not that I wouldn't... just not this trip.

Which Petco were you at? The few I've been to in the ATL metro area haven't had corals or saltwater fish worth mentioning.

I found the yumas at the Petco in Edgewood. Their fish and corals are nothing worth mentioning either, unless you mention the sorry state most are in. But sometimes you can catch a good deal and you can usually tell the difference between new corals and ones that have been sitting in their tank for a while. Sad :(

Wow! Nice pics Ethan!. Personally I love the heat and blue water. I think I gonna retire in Costa Rica.

Thanks! Haha I'll just come visit you.

What type blood are you? I'm type O negative. I have a theory about blood type and temperature. I'm always cold and I think type O is a thinner blood but I don't know that for sure. I would rather be too hot than cold :lol: Sweating is good for you too....natural chelation ;)

I don't remember what blood type I am... I'm usually hot when others are not.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:lol: Love it! Sounds about like me when I lived in Florida. I hunkered down in the AC until it was dark and bearable to go outside.
What type blood are you? I'm type O negative. I have a theory about blood type and temperature. I'm always cold and I think type O is a thinner blood but I don't know that for sure. I would rather be too hot than cold :lol: Sweating is good for you too....natural chelation ;)

Yeah the sun and I are not the best of friends.

I don't remember what blood type I am... I'm usually hot when others are not.

Felicia Ethan and Kat should start a bat-tank or rename out tanks to something bat related. I'm almost in hibernation. :) And I'm O+ for the blood theory. :lol:

We run hot.

Felicia Ethan and Kat should start a bat-tank or rename out tanks to something bat related. I'm almost in hibernation. :) And I'm O+ for the blood theory. :lol:

We run hot.

But I live in Northern CA now! The weather here is perfect. Its been in the high 60's to low 70's and sunny everyday. Summer here is sooooo nice :) No hibernating for me. I stopped being a bat when I moved out of Florida. :lol:

Hmm, I love Florida's heat and humidity! Though middle age has definitely changed my previously cold self into an AC-needing/loving-while-I-sleep type of person, I love Florida heat...especially late afternoon, early evening just after it rains, when the temp has dropped 10 degrees and the air feels like velvet.

Hmm, I love Florida's heat and humidity! Though middle age has definitely changed my previously cold self into an AC-needing/loving-while-I-sleep type of person, I love Florida heat...especially late afternoon, early evening just after it rains, when the temp has dropped 10 degrees and the air feels like velvet.

We sound like two peas in a pod :lol:

I had a worm like that in my tank....it was tiny in comparison though. Eunicid!!!!!! I will never forget the feeling of relief when I finally got the TWO out of my tank :lol:

ScubaEthan
I love Florida heat

omg I don't understand that. haha

I had a worm like that in my tank....it was tiny in comparison though. Eunicid!!!!!! I will never forget the feeling of relief when I finally got the TWO out of my tank :lol:

:eek::scarry:

Isn't that big worm craaaazy?! How big was yours Gena?

They are actually pretty common hitchhikers. If I remember right, mine were about 3" in the cup (jail) but they stretch...so no telling how big it could get in the tank. They were fatties too. I had to pull out all of my rocks to get them out.

worms.jpg

My freaky worms! They were pretty scrunched up in the photo...don't let that deceive you. They were monsters!!!!!! :lol:

The one was a pretty green color though...I forgot about that :happy:

Hmm, I love Florida's heat and humidity!

:eek:

I can do Vegas or AZ no problem - as long as I stay out of the sun. But humidity? I can barely tolerate the LFS!

I have 'driving sleeves' in both my cars. :lol:

ScubaEthan
worms.jpg

That's gross! I'm usually not grossed out by anything... but those are freaky. Maybe it's because they could be in MY tank and I don't know how I'd get them out. In dry land you can just squash a bug or capture it and release it outside (which is what I usually try to do). But in water they got one up on me.

I just peed my pants.

Hahahahaha!

ya i will defintely need a chainmail diving suit.

eeek that would make for a good, low-budget, so-bad-it's-awesome movie. Attack of the Eunicids!

I can do Vegas or AZ no problem - as long as I stay out of the sun. But humidity? I can barely tolerate the LFS!

Driving sleeves?????

That's gross! I'm usually not grossed out by anything... but those are freaky. Maybe it's because they could be in MY tank and I don't know how I'd get them out. In dry land you can just squash a bug or capture it and release it outside (which is what I usually try to do). But in water they got one up on me.

Yes...it was!!!!! They were very freaky. I jumped a couple of feet when the one plopped out onto the ground and started jumping around. These things were wild!!!!!!

ScubaEthan
Ya. I can rock them

driving-sleeves-lg2.jpg

But... what is it for?

To keep this on track... everything is good in the tank lol

Lol! I don't mind the heat in Vegas, but my sinuses dry up so bad that I carry saline spray with me in my purse. Too many years down here, and I think my body believes it needs humidity to function ;).

But... what is it for?

I could post a picture of what my forearms look like after years of driving with the sun beating down on them, and you would understand why someone would wear driving sleeves :o . What a great idea!! I had no idea they existed :huh:.

A tank? What, you have a tank B) ?

Spirofucci
But... what is it for?

Kat must have photoshopped herself blond, lol

Since when has this thread ever been on track? :)

ScubaEthan
I could post a picture of what my forearms look like after years of driving with the sun beating down on them, and you would understand why someone would wear driving sleeves :o . What a great idea!! I had no idea they existed :huh:.

A tank? What, you have a tank B) ?

:P

Speaking of the sun and "photo aging"

This is a truck driver.

image.jpg

Kat must have photoshopped herself blond, lol

Since when has this thread ever been on track? :)

hahahahaha! I get to see Kat Thursday for sushi!

Whatever. My thread has been on track for most of it! I need test the water. I haven't done that in a long time.... I can tell my green pinwheel palys and orange bam bam zoas really love the added light. The nasty algae around the whammin watermelon zoas is back so I need to dip it in a peroxide bath again.

Buut I'm busy with girls. I had my first date last night. I took her to a cute French restaurant and we sat outside in the beautiful weather. Before we knew it, four hours had passed! It was fun.

OMG....my husband was just telling me about that truck driver, but I didn't see the photo. That's incredible!!!!!

Spirofucci

Glad I'm not a truck driver. But the bummer is that both side of my face look like that.

You got me thinking, if I went of a first date now and heaven forbid it should get romantic, I'd have to pull out my sex for dummies book.

Oh andd back on track.....is H202 just for problem algae? Do you think it would help my poopy zoas? I don't think its an algae problem though.

Archived