jovvy house

nice updates raised mg will rid you of that nasty algae

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ScubaEthan

And on the 187th day, he said, "Let there be more light."

2012-05-14_01-12-01_459.jpg

And the camera phone has no idea how to handle this. But you can see Bozo in the back left corner glowing neon red.

B)

Everything had closed up for the night by the time I put the hood back on so I'll take more photos another night before things go to sleep.

Oh and Pierre the peppermint shrimp definitely has to be gone now. I haven't seen my tank since Wednesday and wen I fed tonight, he did not come out.

Spirofucci

Take that light back it makes you tank look like shiit!

Seriously, how do you like the new light???

ScubaEthan
Take that light back it makes you tank look like shiit!

Seriously, how do you like the new light???

lol I am looking for a friend's camera to borrow to get real shots. The blue/magenta strip by itself is awesome and trippy. Coupled with the white/blue, I like it, it makes colors pop more, but I would prefer a bit more white light in the overall color. I'm excited though!

The blue/magenta strip by itself is awesome and trippy.

Trippy indeed! It looks like you reversed color in Paint!

LEDs are hard to photograph in general, so I'm sure that magenta makes it so much harder. My LEDs are so bright I have to turn them to the dimmest setting to get pictures that aren't completely whited out.

Add one of the inline dimmers on the 445/magenta strip and you'll be able to adjust the trippiness factor into something more pleasing to the eye, while still getting some pop and more usable light to your corals.

Get a camera with ISO settings and adjustable white balance and you may also be able to take pics... since adding mine I've had to give up on using my phone's camera unless I turn the blue/magenta way down.

ScubaEthan
Add one of the inline dimmers on the 445/magenta strip and you'll be able to adjust the trippiness factor into something more pleasing to the eye, while still getting some pop and more usable light to your corals.

Get a camera with ISO settings and adjustable white balance and you may also be able to take pics... since adding mine I've had to give up on using my phone's camera unless I turn the blue/magenta way down.

I have a dimmer and put it on the blue/magenta strip. It's currently at about half power. I figured I'd leave it there for maybe a week and bring it up to full power? Dunno if the corals would have light shock or anything.

Camera = $$ that I could spend on my tank ;)

Right around the time I set up my tank my Nikon, several lenses, flash, etc. in a nice Domke bag, as well as my 5 year old (aka 5 years worth of files) MacBook Pro was stolen out of my car IN MY DRIVEWAY. Ugh. Still pisses me off. I scoured craigslist and pawn shops but never found it. Police couldn't do anything. And my insurance deductible is about the same as the street value of that stuff cause it was "old." I used to be a freelance photographer and studied it in school. But not anymore.

That sucks! Sounds like Atlanta though. My mom said its not a good idea to even leave a jacket in view in a car there because someone will smash your window just to see if theirs anything valuable you're covering with it.

ScubaEthan
Oh man...that's terrible! Did they break the window to get in?

They picked the lock. Luckily didn't damage much of the car. I had my stuff hidden. I had gotten back from a trip late the night before and just grabbed my clothes and left my camera and laptop in the back (I have an Element so it's kind of hard to see in the back). They also stole my GPS which was hidden in a compartment. But I had tons of wires/chargers in the front seat.

That sucks! Sounds like Atlanta though. My mom said its not a good idea to even leave a jacket in view in a car there because someone will smash your window just to see if theirs anything valuable you're covering with it.

Well, I don't know if it's THAT bad, but yeah. It sucks. I can't wait to move out of the South or at least the city.

Took some photos during "sunset." :D

Hoozah.

2012-05-14_23-31-19_981.jpg

My new favorite coral.

2012-05-14_23-27-25_57.jpg

I spy something orange.

2012-05-14_23-33-19_778.jpg

Bailey II in the background.

2012-05-14_23-35-10_34.jpg

My red monti is starting to encrust the plug!

2012-05-14_23-26-29_877.jpg

ooooo aaaahh

2012-05-14_23-24-57_710.jpg

2012-05-14_01-16-22_848.jpg

It really puts the bam in these orange bam bams.

2012-05-14_01-13-27_462.jpg

It's veins are showing.

2012-05-14_01-13-47_607.jpg

My new Facebook cover photo.

2012-05-14_01-14-25_313.jpg

Spirofucci

Nice healthy specimens! I gotta get me a camera, but I agree with you that every time I get close to saving the $$ I gotta get me some more corals!!

ScubaEthan

Thanks friends :)

I'm looking for a new place to live. I can move anytime, one friend can move July 1st, and another August 15th. My dad confirmed I can take a small loan from the Bank of Dad if I find a good deal before my friends can move. I'm really hoping for a house in Atlanta. They exist, but not a lot, so it will be all about finding one at the time right.

aka I hope to have more space in the near future to set up more tanks :D

Also, what's up with these snail eggs? I've had them before but now I feel like I have billions. I need to scrub the acrylic. Can I just scrub them off? At this rate, if they all died it might crash my tank! haha jk that's exaggerated.

Also, what's up with these snail eggs? I've had them before but now I feel like I have billions. I need to scrub the acrylic. Can I just scrub them off? At this rate, if they all died it might crash my tank! haha jk that's exaggerated.

Moving is the classic blessing/curse scenario -- new limitations piled alongside new opportunities.

Why get rid of the snail eggs? I miss having my second nassarius b/c while food was plentiful, the two constantly produced food for the rest of the tank!

Spirofucci
Moving is the classic blessing/curse scenario -- new limitations piled alongside new opportunities.

^ this!! You were in an apartment before? A house is so much nicer.

ScubaEthan

Why get rid of the snail eggs? I miss having my second nassarius b/c while food was plentiful, the two constantly produced food for the rest of the tank!

Well I'm not purposefully, but I need to clean the algae off and some eggs will have to be sacrificed. I was wondering about this cause I was talking to a friend who used to have a freshwater tank and complained of snails breeding like bunnies and overrunning the tank. I never heard about an issue like that with salt.

^ this!! You were in an apartment before? A house is so much nicer.

Actually, I'm in a house now. But I just rent a room and don't hang out with my roommates. They aren't the cleanest people and it's getting annoying. The house is super old and needs major work. Like rotting window frames and stuff. But when I moved out of my parents house I needed a place with a backyard that would accept my great dane, and that greatly limited my options. Now I'm dogless and can't wait to move!

I don't miss having roommates! :lol: My hubby is moderately OCD so I get to be the lazy one in our household!

Actually, I'm in a house now. But I just rent a room and don't hang out with my roommates. They aren't the cleanest people and it's getting annoying. The house is super old and needs major work. Like rotting window frames and stuff. But when I moved out of my parents house I needed a place with a backyard that would accept my great dane, and that greatly limited my options. Now I'm dogless and can't wait to move!

Maybe you can keep a cat.

Spirofucci

Maybe a woman as well. But get the cat first. Wait.....don't get a cat, get a dog.

ScubaEthan

My hopeful roommate has an awesome cat :D He can take care of it and I can make funny gifs with it.

Maybe a woman as well. But get the cat first. Wait.....don't get a cat, get a dog.

haha I definitely need me a woman. Cats and dogs will wait until I'm more settled (like a couple years or so).

Archived