inTank Media Baskets

Hypo's Underwater Garden - I am alive!

hypostatic

hypostatic

It's about damn time! :D I figure it was you who was stalling.

CONGRATS!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Thanks to all the nominations and votes ;)

• Like 1

Just read through this...1) Well deserved TOTM..beautiful...2)Your frawgzzz are the bomb...3) Where did you find the star grass cause I want some!

• Like 1
Steensj2004

Congrats on TOTM!

Quick question, any advice for the elegance, I have one and I can't seem to get it to open up and happy....it eats, and seems to do just barely ok....any suggestions?

• Like 1
hypostatic

Congrats bro!

Great stuff hype...been a big fan of this tank for a long time!

Congrats!!!!

Congrats!

01-1057-Celebrating_Frog.jpg

Well deserved!!!!! Hooray!

Congrats! Really like the look with the black gravel

Congrat! Well deserved. I do love this tank

Great job and congrats on being named TOTM!

Nice! Well done, Sir.

:wub:

You rock.

THANKS EVERYONE! :blush:

Congrats on TOTM!

Quick question, any advice for the elegance, I have one and I can't seem to get it to open up and happy....it eats, and seems to do just barely ok....any suggestions?

Took a look on your thread. If it's still eating that's a good sign. I'd recommend the lowest flow possible.

Just read through this...1) Well deserved TOTM..beautiful...2)Your frawgzzz are the bomb...3) Where did you find the star grass cause I want some!

Dart frogs are awesome. I can't recommend them highly enough. Super easy to take care or compared to reefing haha. If you want some, go for it. I actually have some of the blue frogs I'm looking to sell... *cough*cough* ;)

The star grass I got from Florida Pets. It's a seasonal item, and it happens to be in season. It needs high lighting and really high nutrients. http://floridapets.tripod.com/marineplants.html

• Like 2

Dart frogs are awesome. I can't recommend them highly enough. Super easy to take care or compared to reefing haha. If you want some, go for it. I actually have some of the blue frogs I'm looking to sell... *cough*cough* ;)

http://floridapets.tripod.com/marineplants.html

Oh. Ones youve posted or a different kind.

I really like blue tincs. I don't have a setup anymore though.

• Like 1
hypostatic

oh which ones were you talking about then? lol

Oh. Ones youve posted or a different kind.

I really like blue tincs. I don't have a setup anymore though.

oh which ones were you talking about then? lol

Cobalts or Azureus are my favorite two.

I don't know all the frogs you have. But if you are selling those 2 I may have to get a setup again.

• Like 1
hypostatic

Darn it Hypo...

Now I've got an zoomed 18^3 in the mail.

I need to pickout a light. :)

The jungle dawn LEDs are pretty popular. The great about vivs is that you can pick up a $5 cfl 6500K bulb and it'll look just as good as an expensive LED array
  • Like 1
hypostatic

So I've been away on vacation for a week. I hope everything in the tank is still alive, and it's not just a stagnant pool of death... =(

• Like 1

Darn it Hypo...

Now I've got an zoomed 18^3 in the mail.

I need to pickout a light. :)

I've been contemplating one of Dave's NanoBox LED Strips he is working on. They aren't a finished product yet, but then neither is my viv!

• Like 1

So I've been away on vacation for a week. I hope everything in the tank is still alive, and it's not just a stagnant pool of death... =(

Oh that's why you didn't answer my text, you vacay a lot!

• Like 1
hypostatic

I've been contemplating one of Dave's NanoBox LED Strips he is working on. They aren't a finished product yet, but then neither is my viv!

If you like it go for it! Just make sure the array has a similar spectrum to daylight, or else the colors will look weird. Unlike corals, frogs and orchids look best in daylight color temps.

Oh that's why you didn't answer my text, you vacay a lot!

Yeahhhhh someone's gotta go on all those vacays!

• Like 1
hypostatic

GAAAAH. Back from vacay. The tank still lives! A lot of evaporation happened though. I need to figure out a ridiculously easy/cheap way for doing a top off. Hmmmm....

Most of the tank inhabitants seems fine. I had a frag of some blue tubbs morph zoa that just DISAPPEARED. I have no idea where the frag plug is. I need to like, start marking these somehow.

I had a frag of some blue tubbs morph zoa that just DISAPPEARED. I have no idea where the frag plug is. I need to like, start marking these somehow.

I pretty much blame my pistol shrimp on everything like that that happens in my tank. Just the other day he managed to take an acan frag that is easily twice his length and drag it under the rockwork, through his tunnel, and out to the other side. At least it surfaced on the other side so I could rescue it. My Kicka$$ Yuma from Legendary Corals and Reeftek Starburst monticap frag are somewhere underneath the rockwork.

BTW back in my dark ages of reefkeeping (circa 2002) I had attached an IV dripset to a container of kalkwasser as my ridiculously cheap top off...

• Like 2