SaltCritters.com

Hypo's Underwater Garden - I am alive!

hypostatic

I love when the rock flowers get those puffy mouths.

I guess it must've just eaten lol

One more focus stack!

ZXehqt0.jpg

A bit over exposed, but I'll take it. I like that last pair of legs that they keep folded up in the back. I think I've seen him using it for cleaning lol

• Like 2

Its doing OK but not great. I'm getting polyps expansion, but nowhere as much as in that pic. I think I'm not giving them the right flow or light.

I'd love to have one. I used to have a big one but it wasn't nearly as pretty as yours. I hope you figure out what it likes :).
  • Like 1

Wow, awesome shots! What are you using to take the photos?

Olympus TG-3. I like it also cuz I can just stick the whole camera in the tank if I want to haha. Also good for snorkeling and scuba-ing!

FTS IS COMING SOON, I PROMISE!

Here's some shots of today's shopping spree in the meantime:

eAM0d5J.jpg

iNnq8JP.jpg

4i5G8iZ.jpg

• Like 3

Hmmm, maybe today is the day the FTS will happen....

MORE PICS.

Speaking of copepods, have a super macro:

UnM09Zu.jpg

oRi0G8c.jpg

niFj1Aa.jpg

umbekz0.jpg

93cdG3p.jpg

i'm excited about these guys. i've been looking for some zoas with some nice yellow for a while

7o4IK6g.jpg

K6JDGBp.jpg

EdiCUQi.jpg

there's some natural sunlight coming into the tank from the right, and i think it made these shots look extra nice

• Like 6

what are the names of the last two zoas?? they look niiiice

Do you have a name for the yellow zoas? I have the same ones, but don't know what they are. Mine are super temperamental.

The orange ones are "fruit loop" zoas.

Noooo idea on the red/yellow ones. I think it was the first time I saw them.

The lfs was selling them for $5/polyp :)

Wow, that flower on the left is HUGE!! And I love the colors on the right. Looking awesome. Have you noticed any spawning? Do you know if any of them are females or males?

• Like 1

Wow, that flower on the left is HUGE!! And I love the colors on the right. Looking awesome. Have you noticed any spawning? Do you know if any of them are females or males?

No spawning yet!

That's Catalaphyllia jardinei on the left.

Good ole indio elegance. Devours everything in sight lol

• Like 1

To get them to stay open during the day you'll have to feed them often. They only really want to be open when they're expecting food, so if you feed them randomly throughout the day they'll stay open.

For the last few months I've been feeding pellets mostly (and flakes). I'm thinking of going back to mysis/brine. I'm fairly sure that their growth was faster and they had a stronger reaction for the mysis than pellets.