Cultivated Reef

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Thank you. My frag swap haul was more than I was intending, and it is always nice to meet new people, connect with the old. I took my nephew with me, he was carrying all the corals for me. Very carefully. :)

JBB finally sent back my modded mini t5 light. Might throw that on the pico.

• Like 1
Thank you. My frag swap haul was more than I was intending, and it is always nice to meet new people, connect with the old. I took my nephew with me, he was carrying all the corals for me. Very carefully. :)

JBB finally sent back my modded mini t5 light. Might throw that on the pico.

Had i known that plan i would have went forward with the original plan for that light

Looks like you got a bunch of nice pieces from the swap! It was good meeting you, Thanks for the cut of the "katropora" :lol: .

:wub:

Thanks for waiting for me. How is the frag doing? Loves very high light so after a couple of days acclimating, move it up. The Kat gets 385 PAR in my tank.

• Like 1

:wub:

Thanks for waiting for me. How is the frag doing? Loves very high light so after a couple of days acclimating, move it up. The Kat gets 385 PAR in my tank.

No problem! So far so good, ill make sure to place it near the top. Hopefully the colors hold well.

• Like 1

So. I've been having plumbing dreams (or nightmares if yall remember my home depot plumbing visit stories)

How to make a manifold using a mixture of hard and soft plumbing.

205_plumbing+manifold_2jpg.jpg

manifold.jpeg

And what are these pipes and are they flexible or what?

QkMbvYq.jpg

Those pipes appear to be flex pvc sprayed black

It has a little give to it but is still quite rigid. Why not just use regular pvc, it will be a cleaner look for your :ninja: plan

:huh:

It would have been great over your pico
  • Like 2

Kaaatttt how was the frag meet?? Whadya get? Did you sell a lot of frags??

This guy made me think of you in Curaçao:

Hey hey!!! How was vacation? Slimy slugs make you think of me? :slap: Nice lettuce! Love the ruffles on these guys.

Swap was very low key, the Manhattan one gets packed and is usually hot as hell. I enjoyed the space here to be honest. All the good vendors were there and I've never seen Zooanthids.com before, they had a sick display. I didn't sell many frags, no. I had mostly trades this time, one or two sales including my crocea clam.

Goody Bag:

Blue Kisses Zoa - Cherry Corals

Tangerines zoa - Cherry Corals

Tyree Rouge Millie - Living Reef

Pink Boobies Chalice - Living Reef

My Clementines - Dnov99 - Darren was so cool!

Fruit Loops - Dnov99

Pink Krakatoas - Dnov99

King Midas - Sam (not a vendor)

Hot pink goniopora - Sam

Some orange skirts - Gotham

CAR - Gotham

• Like 1

Everybody knows how much I enjoy feeding my tank all kinds of food. Brightwell released a food called the Blizzard series. 2 of them looked like reef roids/reef chilli but Blizzard-O intrigued me and I bought a pack to try.

http://brightwellaquatics.com/products/reefblizzard_o.php

http://reefbuilders.com/2014/02/12/brightwell-aquatics-reef-blizzard/

blizzard-o.JPG

Reef Blizzard-O

Planktonic blend for feeding Soft Corals, Bivalves, Sponges, Tunicates, Crinoids, and

Polychaete Worms

Overview

• Biopigment-rich, powdered blend of marine phytoplankton, zooplankton, and proprietary

complex particles providing marine protein and elements utilized in aragonite formation,

specifically formulated to improve coloration of suspension-feeding invertebrates.

• Size range of particles falls is suitable for: soft corals (including colonial and solitary

polyps); bivalves (Tridacnid and Hippopus clams, scallops, etc.); sponges; tunicates;

crinoids; and sedentary, suspension-feeding polychaetes (e.g. feather dusters and

Christmas tree worms).

• Simple to use. Enables aquarists to custom-blend planktonic suspensions to suit the

nutritional requirements of their reef system(s).

• More economical than liquid planktonic suspensions.

• May be refrigerated for prolonged stability.

• Made in the USA of US-sourced, high-quality ingredients.

And these green pipes are Eheims I think? What about that re-enforced pipe, what is that?IMG_0986_zpsf2ce08ad.jpg
The green hose is just the standard hose Cad uses. The clear is just clear tubing with re-enforced netting inside. They put netting inside to make the vinyl stronger.

The grey piping is schedule 80 pvc.

Fsr right is the return line. The middle pipe is the herbie drain and the far left is the emergency drain.

So. I've been having plumbing dreams (or nightmares if yall remember my home depot plumbing visit stories)How to make a manifold using a mixture of hard and soft plumbing.205_plumbing+manifold_2jpg.jpgmanifold.jpeg And what are these pipes and are they flexible or what?QkMbvYq.jpg
As Bryan said flex painted black. Light give but not flexiable. Why you wanting a manifold to run everything off your return pump?

sch 80 manifold, could just cap off sections you don't use

MS-QM-3T.jpg?1373542158

http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Action-Machine-Manifold-Fittings-p/ms-qm.htm

Run a little 1 inch section off each one attached to a gate or ball valve then either a hose barb or cam lock fitting for the soft tubing and your set.

It would also be easy enough to just make one of these using t's and 1 inch threaded sections with plenty of teflon

• Like 1

sch 80 manifold, could just cap off sections you don't use

MS-QM-3T.jpg?1373542158

http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Action-Machine-Manifold-Fittings-p/ms-qm.htm

Run a little 1 inch section off each one attached to a gate or ball valve then either a hose barb or cam lock fitting for the soft tubing and your set.

It would also be easy enough to just make one of these using t's and 1 inch threaded sections with plenty of teflon

I have to google each of those terms.

Gate Valve :huh:

API-600-602-603-6D-Rising-Stem-Gate-Valv

Ball Valve :huh:

closing-and-opening-large-pvc-ball-valve

Hose Barb :huh:

HoseBarbs.gif

Mister T :huh:

mrt.jpg

One inch thread :huh:

tumblr_inline_mkot50kiLz1qz4rgp.jpg

kitten-with-yarn.jpeg

:unsure:

• Like 8

Those gate valves look more like what I used to work with over the dinky little schedule 40/80 ones.

The hose barb pic was correct as was the globe valve guy, although that globe valve guy looks like he would be in a certain type of movie about a plumber thats not really there to fix the pipes under the sink...

I am looking forward the finished product now.

• Like 1

The almost October FTS. Shit, it's almost October?! :o

I put the magnet cleaner front and center especially for papa Veng.

20140928_165102.jpg

It is almost october, I need to post a FTS my self... I'll do it after this trip I think. Oh and Chloe is pointing at the screen and making noises at your FTS.
  • Like 4

Hey Kitty, you know if there's gonna be a frag swap up there around december? I'll be creepin' on your territory around that time :)

They usually have a swap in End Nov/December. Details haven't been posted yet.

It is almost october, I need to post a FTS my self... I'll do it after this trip I think. Oh and Chloe is pointing at the screen and making noises at your FTS.

I bet she's saying look at all that crud on the glass.

The whole tank is literally peppered with coraline.

Back to plumbing parts. This here is a true union inline strainer. Anybody use this?

21129p.jpg

• Like 1