Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Kat, my condolences on your fishy. I just lost my 2-year-old YCG, Cosmo, to my new Resun-4000 powerhead as well. I came back to find him sucked inside and partially grinded - he either perched on the vents and got sucked in accidently, or might have been trying to sleep on the powerhead since he usually does that with my previous smaller-vented powerhead. It is horrible to lose a fish this way, and I feel your loss. Really sorry. :(

:( Thanks Shadow. I'm sorry about Cosmo, he was so cute.

:( Thanks Shadow. I'm sorry about Cosmo, he was so cute.

I know. I miss him. If I'm getting another small goby, I'll wrap my powerhead with a pantyhose - ugliness be damned. I can't bear to lose another fish that way again.

Also, your tank is progressing well. How are your Mandys?

• Like 1

you've just reminded me to order more nespresso capsule things!

the best coffee evar

I know. I miss him. If I'm getting another small goby, I'll wrap my powerhead with a pantyhose - ugliness be damned. I can't bear to lose another fish that way again.

Also, your tank is progressing well. How are your Mandys?

Tank is on auto-pilot. I'm not doing much of anything other than feeding and vitamin C dosing.

The female mandarin passed away recently :( after being with me over a year. Cause is unknown. She had swimming issues the week of her death, buoyancy issues more accurately. She was eating till the last day but I found her dead when I came back from a work trip. Sam is very very scrawny and lives in the fuge. He eats anything that he sees but there is probably a parasite that prevents him from getting to a healthy weight. He is active, but unless I supplement feed him with live black worms which are very dense nutritionally, he is always playing catchup with his weight issues.

Yeah like

"ding" Gtalk message

7:05 am from Veng: Hey Kat are you up, I couldn;t sleep so I thought maybe we could have breakfast early

7:20: Kat: like how early?

7:20: Veng: Like now?

7:30: Aren't you at the airport?

7:30: Yeah but I left already. In fact I'm about to ring your door bell.

• Like 3

the best coffee evar

Tank is on auto-pilot. I'm not doing much of anything other than feeding and vitamin C dosing.

The female mandarin passed away recently :( after being with me over a year. Cause is unknown. She had swimming issues the week of her death, buoyancy issues more accurately. She was eating till the last day but I found her dead when I came back from a work trip. Sam is very very scrawny and lives in the fuge. He eats anything that he sees but there is probably a parasite that prevents him from getting to a healthy weight. He is active, but unless I supplement feed him with live black worms which are very dense nutritionally, he is always playing catchup with his weight issues.

My wife loves our nespresso, and I enjoy it, but I'm more of a standard coffee guy. I need more caffeine, so a regular cup o' joe is my jam (espresso = ~65mg caffeine/serving, regular med roast coffee = ~140 mg of caffeine/serving).

Sorry to hear about the female mandy :(

the best coffee evar

for a machine, definitely! I love the vanilla! I think I may need a foamer though, one that doesn't skim protein anyway.

also ^^ what? Isn't that more than a Redbull?

• Like 1

Thanks Mark. :( I used to be always careful about him. In fact the night before this happened, the tank was already in sunset mode, I couldn't see him and I assumed he was in the MP 10 so I made sure to leave the pump off. The next morning after lights were on I see him perching about the tank, he had vacated the MP10. I turned it on, it is a blue box and there is a few seconds delay before it starts spinning. He jumps into the MP10 at the very last second before the blades start. I shut it off immediately, in fact I make sure to have my finger on the on/off just for this reason. But even that split second was enough. I broke him. :(

sorry to hear about your blenny, maybe you can try this

post-66154-0-96063700-1411612470_thumb.png

the mesh is big enough not to interfere with the flow but small enough to keep the fish out. the blennys just love to hangout inside the pumps. where I live the electricity is not so stable so the pump turns off every now and then when no one is around to keep the fish out, so that is how I keep them out.

that type of mesh you can find in the supermarket they usually sell lemons or garlic in those mesh bags

YOUR WHATEVERATA!

b4100.jpg

Perhaps?

:o that looks very much like it. what are they charging?

sorry to hear about your blenny, maybe you can try this

attachicon.gif2014-09-24 20.14.03.png

the mesh is big enough not to interfere with the flow but small enough to keep the fish out. the blennys just love to hangout inside the pumps. where I live the electricity is not so stable so the pump turns off every now and then when no one is around to keep the fish out, so that is how I keep them out.

that type of mesh you can find in the supermarket they usually sell lemons or garlic in those mesh bags

Thanks, that's a good idea

Yup I am officially going to have Sps in my tank.

oya? what are you getting?

Dr.Brain Coral

I am thinking Just plan ol Red montipora. I have a Vision in my head of a Rock landscape that wraps around the back and sides of the tank but Is low so there is lots of open water with lots of sand bed. And of the Left side have a rock tower that I am hoping to have a Big Monti colony cover. Maybe I will do some easy Acroporas.

• Like 1

Looks like 100$.

:o that looks very much like it. what are they charging?

yep. i saw it on facebook and had to check it out, sure enough there it was.

maybe you should order a piece and see how it compares ;)

i would, but my tank is 1700 miles away.

In tank news: I started using phosguard about a month ago and I am not happy. I just put in a fresh batch a week ago but last night I threw on my pink 3D printed reactor with some more - the fuge has some nasties and it bothers me.

Salifert said my phosphates were 0.00 and I've never had them that low, my eyes were telling me different however. Then I used red sea and it said 0.08 and I've never been at more than 0.02. I'm going to put GFO in the pink reactor.

• Like 1