Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

jedimasterben

Lfs owner had few blue ones (name escaped me) and discouraged me since I have sponges in my tank

To be honest, they probably couldn't tell you what species it was if their life depended on it. 99% of wholesalers list them as 'nudibranch' and nothing more.

• Like 1

nudibranchs: the most beautiful things you won't be able to keep alive in your tank for long

nudibranchs-1.jpg

Where did you find this artwork?

Edit: Nevermind, google reverse image search turned up the store. I'll add the link below for everyone else. Though it seems she has some plans to ebay them or did and didn't update the store page. Can't see ebay from work.

http://store.cforiginals.net/nudibranchs.html

• Like 1

Tibs you would have to poke at it, we know you cannot leave the tank completely alone. ;)

Tiki - Man or war would suck to harvest. Maybe you should just set up a separate tank to grow them in for food. ;) I love those nudis though they are probably my favorite.

Each species is a very specialized feeder, eating only a specific ______, sometimes even only from one specific area, etc.

+1.

Probably the only real way to keep them alive would be if you collected them as hitchhikers on whatever they were feeding on, and you also managed to culture whatever they were feeding on separately.

• Like 1

Ive managed to keep some bergia related nudis but their diet was small glass anemones and hydroids. Neither could reproduce fast enough to resist extermination.

I wanted to try a Caribbean flatworm that ate sponges but sponges aren't exactly reliable sources of food in captivity.

My goodness. Took me a while to find my thread. Hi Y'all. Last day in Atlanta, it has been busy and I love it. I'm all beat up though, 2 weeks of trade shows and restaurant food and hotel beds and alcohol and dehydration and airports and planes and lugging stuff and stupid meals and starving and eating too much and then too much caffeine. Eeks. I am a mess. Oh, let's not forget extremely bad hair days. Ugh.

I have 2 days to clean up the tank and getting it looking happy before ReHype comes over with his cameraOmgomgomg

• Like 1

Where are you staying?

Wherever my boss sets us up. It'll be near Emory because that's where we're going to do work, but I'm not sure. I have family in Dunwoody, Tucker, Cumming, and Decatur, though.