ReefCleaners.org

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Porcelains are reef safe. He did not kill Big Bertha, he simply ate her after she died.

Imma hammer that crab. In seriousness, though, I thought that porcelains were supposed to be safe in tanks? I don't want to get one and have it eat my livestock...

• Like 1

Porcelains are reef safe. He did not kill Big Bertha, he simply ate her after she died.

Gotcha. I was wondering why you were filming and not trying to stop it :D

I saw them and immediately closed ebay for fear of bidding unreasonable amounts of money to obtain them :)

Wow, those are pretty awesome. I pretty much did the same thing.
  • Like 1

I really want a nudi tank. Too bad they're ridiculously difficult to keep. Maybe one day when I'm retired and can afford to dote on my tank more :P

jedimasterben

Dont they like sponges?

Each species is a very specialized feeder, eating only a specific ______, sometimes even only from one specific area, etc.

• Like 2

Each species is a very specialized feeders, eating only a specific ______, sometimes even only from one specific area, etc.

I'm not sure why this is such a mystery. Obviously someone's not paying attention to whatever they are collecting them off of.

When I live in Hawaii I'm going to see if I can keep a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glaucus_atlanticus'>Glaucus atlanticus. The tricky part will be harvesting Portuguese man-o-war jellyfish to feed it.
You might have to adopt me.

When I live in Hawaii I'm going to see if I can keep a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glaucus_atlanticus'>Glaucus atlanticus. The tricky part will be harvesting Portuguese man-o-war jellyfish to feed it.

I really want a nudi tank. Too bad they're ridiculously difficult to keep. Maybe one day when I'm retired and can afford to dote on my tank more :P
that is a good plan. But they are not all that difficult to keep really. No power heads and plenty of food.

that is a good plan. But they are not all that difficult to keep really. No power heads and plenty of food.

It's all about water parameter maintenance. If I end up doing it, I want to do it correctly and have appropriate equipment including controllers, probes, etc. I really would like the tank to run itself so I can't mess anything up :P