Top Shelf Aquatics

A Wisconsinite Reef

HVani

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is such a character! I love watching him. I'm really glad I went with a jawfish instead of a pistol/shrimp goby.

Today has sucked.

I realized I need to remove my blenny and black clownfish ASAP

The blenny has taken a liking to my favia and is eating it. He has pretty much destroyed all my SPS and has started nipping at my frogspawn. He eats like a horse so I think there's no way around it. It's coral or fish and I choose coral

The black clownfish has the male picasso up in a corner all day and is trying to not let him eat. It sucks to see such a beautiful fish hiding all the time so she's gonna have to go. She's also been pestering my jawfish off and on.

Both fish are leaving tomorrow. I might pick up a small perc clown while I'm out but the blenny will not be replaced until i have the larger tank up and running. I'm thinking a orange spot blenny, midas or starry. Either should do well in the 65.

6 fish really is too much for my 25. Though I've had no issues with parameters I think it looks a little busy. 5 is more reasonable.

I got both fish out. The clown was easy to catch. As cute as they are, they aren't too bright. For the blenny I got VERY lucky. I tried to catch him at night using a flashlight. After I flushed him out a couple times I finally caught him out in the open. I only had to remove one rock to catch him. They are hanging out in the fuge until I can take them to the LFS later today.

I think all my corals just breathed a sign of relief.

ScubaEthan
Sorry about your fish troubles. Sounds like you have a good plan though.

+1

Sorry about the frogspawn too.

But good news with the polyp count! What is the time frame for that growth?

I got both fish out. The clown was easy to catch. As cute as they are, they aren't too bright.

:lol:

Some of the growth pictures are over a few months and some are from when I first got them in the BC14.

So I took my fishes to the LFS today. They had 1 perc clown but it looked sickly. they said they aren't getting anymore in. They wanted $45 for a true perc! I'm gonna head up to Milwaukee this week and check out the places there. Last time I was out there they had true percs for $20.

With the credit I got for the fish I got a green striped mushroom and a blood red cleaner shrimp. I know they are more shy but I like them more than skunk cleaners. Plus the store was out of skunks lol

That's great they were so easy to catch!!!!! Too bad the blenny didn't work out...he was soooo cute. Oh well. I can hear the sigh of relief, all the way over here :lol:

He was really cute :(

Once the 65 is up I will be getting one of these guys:

p-88871-orange-spotted.jpg

I had some fun today planning the stocking for the 65 but only this guy is set in stone.

Went to Milwaukee today. I had a great time and got to see some awesome fish stores! I also ended up bringing home a beautiful true perc clown. She's bigger than my guy but when added it was love at first sight. He pretty much submitted right away and they have been together ever since. This is what I wanted from a clown pair! A pair that actually liked each other!

I also picked up some pods to start a culture. I don't think it's needed for my scooter but it couldn't hurt.

Lights were off by the time I came home so no pictures until tomorrow. Wait till you guys see my new female, she's gorgeous!

New clown!

blurryclown.jpg

Aren't they cute together

clownpair2.jpg

clownpair1-1.jpg

Red cuz she's cute

scooterandrics.jpg

My chubby Goby

neongoby.jpg

Now I need to figure out what to name her :)

Thanks all :)

I moved around things again. i will get a new full tank shot up soon. Right now the tank is really cloudy because the jawfish is working on his burrow

Pictures!

525.jpg

clownpair-1.jpg

I may be crazy but I think my pocillopora is coming back. On Monday the ends were bone white and now they are pink again. It's in the edge of the above picture. It still has a ways to go to recover from the damage the blenny caused.

coralshot.jpg

coralshot2.jpg

I might have gotten a new rock nem :D

newmaynem.jpg

It's still pretty angry but I think it will color up well in my tank. It's a pretty pale purple.

Archived