inTank Media Baskets

A Wisconsinite Reef

HVani

Hmm I could also do a sweet rock tower, my blenny would love that.

+1 what I did. I planned on just SPS on the top half, but it seems they like mid tank as well! Don't underestimate the power of T5's with individual reflectors!

Check out Hype's thread he went back to T5/LED combo. Looks AMAZING! ;)

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm still thinking about it, but I'm leanng towards the 64. I just don't want to get in over my head.

ANYWAY on the reef

New rics are still unhappy. The oddballs were a orange-ish/purple one and a teal one with a green mouth. The rainbow one looks awesome!

Birdsnest is gone and I picked up a frag of purple tipped frogspawn. It's SUPER angry because of the dip. In my experience it takes a couple days for them to come around.

While I was picking up the frag I saw a sale on a nice looking 65 gallon tank with stand and canopy for less than a new nuvo would costs. I measured at home and I have room for it. Just need to figure out how to make a sump be quiet.

Quiet SUMP..... I will find out soon if mine is a noisy one or not. I am hoping on the side of not but hey it will still be quieter then the skimmer as a HOB! :lol:

I will most likely need your help when I go to set up my sump.

So today was spent moving the 80 gallon bowfront out f the livingroom and into the garage. It'll stay there till it's picked up. We moved a 65 gallon into it's place. Tomorrow I'm picking up a light for the 65. Then it will most likely just sit around until I get the stuff I need to set it up. I'm gonna miss my 25 gallon though. I'm thinking i might keep it up with just a pair of clarkii clowns in it. I've always wanted a pair but was afraid to put them with other fish.

Rics

newrics-1.jpg

Red

Red3.jpg

My orange and black hermit recently molted and is looking very bright

scooterandhermit-1.jpg

One of the new scarlets, these guys have been really secretive

scarlet.jpg

The future home of the crew

65new-1.jpg

ScubaEthan
Everyone has Ric Madness! Gotta love those Mushrooms! :P

Inspired by Gena! Nice rics. They don't look bad, just not super happy. I'm sure they'll perk up soon!

ooooo pretty future home.

The new tank looks so nice! It matches the wood you have already, very nicely! Are you going to retrofit the existing hood?

Yeah my rics have been pretty unhappy since they keep getting moved around. Once they settle they should open up more.

I'm not sure how I'm going to mount the LEDs in the canopy but the t5s fit perfectly.

I may have missed where you said it, but what size is the new tank?

I really like the matching stand and hood look. And like Gena said, it really matches your furniture well :)

Thanks!

It's a 65 gallon. 36x18x24. I really like the dimensions.

Nice! You'll have sooo much space!

I'm pretty excited :)

It's gonna be a softie/LPS/anemone tank. Should be pretty awesome once it's set up. I'm thinking about doing a partial rock wall across the back and one corner then just let my GSP overgrow it.

Just finished a water change.

My purple tipped frogspawn got brown jelly disease and died. I tried to save it but had no luck. I moved a couple things around to fill in the space. I think it looks pretty good. I also gave the anemone a bit more space to grow and stretch out.

I stopped by the LFS to check things out. They had some scooter blennies. They were thin but I didn't realize how bad it was until one swam up against the glass. I was shocked at how thin these guys were! My girl is in much better shape though I think she could use a little more weight.

Did some polyp counting tonight.

Magicians, started with 1 now have 6

Blue Tubs started with 5 now have 8(these have been angry for a while but i finally found their happy spot a week ago)

Red hornets, started with 3 now have 6

Fire and ice, started with 2 now have 14!

Not a lot has changed but I'm always up for a full tank shot :)

Morgan has some new flower anemones in (well, earlier this week anyways). They look really nice!

I can't wait to be able to get some more nems! I really need to get my 40B figured out.

And I agree, we need a FTS!

Yes she is. She's gotten HUGE but still plays nice with the tank mates.

She looks about the same size as mine. They're huge but have yet to cause any issues. Such a pretty starfish :)

Also LOVE your new signature!

Thank you! I figured it was time to change it up :)

Archived