Innovative Marine Aquariums

A Wisconsinite Reef

HVani

albertthiel

A necessary evil I guess but it always ends the way you say: when it is all said and done IME the tank always looks a lot better and yes I find most Anthias are somewhat difficult to keep alive (food is IME what the prob is)

Albert

I hate water change day, everything looks so angry afterwards.

Anyway I took a razor blade to my red mushrooms and cut them back a bit. I also fed all the nems and blew off the rocks. Everything should look nice and clean tomorrow :)

The 65 might be set up earlier than planned so I can do a slow move over from the 25 gallon. Kind of depends on if I get the job I interviewed for today.

For stock I'm looking at my current fish plus,

purple firefish

mccosker's wrasse

orange spotted blenny

maybe a flameback angel

I looked into sunburst anthias but they seem to die for no real reason :( Plus I think if I keep most of my fish small it will make the tank look bigger :)

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 4
Not much going on right now. The most exciting thing that has happened is my shrimp molted lol.

So I decided to play a game. What to stock in the 65! With pictures!

Not all of these but these are some fish I'm considering

Labout's Fairy Wrasse

lg-39811-laboutts.jpg

Like I said not ALL of these fish, just some one's I'm considering. I also even thought about a small Tang :lol:

I approve of this!!!!

I know! I just don't know if I could spend that much on a pair :)

Gena, maybe the next time I do a mushroom trimming I can try sending you some. It would be worth a shot IMO

I know! I just don't know if I could spend that much on a pair :)

Gena, maybe the next time I do a mushroom trimming I can try sending you some. It would be worth a shot IMO

Totally!!!!! I'd be down for that!!!!! Just let me know when :)

Deleted User 3

Cooooool tank !: ) Where in WI do you live? I wish i had a reefer in Marshfield, i'd be over all the time oohing and aahing.. :P

fingerscrossed

I think I finally have mushrooms figured out. What I mean by that, is the water params and water flow and lighting. The mushrooms in my macro tank are doing awesome. That's my miracle mushroom tank :) Hopefully the new tank will be just as successful.

Deleted User 3
These reds survived my cycle :lol:

Thanks Tulipgirl, I am in Madison

Ahh so far! lol. you have all the good stores :(

Thank you!

That is GSP(green star poly). Most people consider it a pest but if you dedicate a place for it to grow(my back wall) it is a beautiful addition!

mantisman379

I'm southwest from Milwaukee (in muskego) are any of you guys heading out the the WRS meeting/BBQ at limpits house?

I don't go on that site too much so I wasn't aware of it! I checked it out. As far as I know I'm free that weekend, I might make the drive.

After loosing my last rock anemone I decided to try another from the LFS. The price was good and this time I let them sit in their tanks longer than the last. I picked up a gorgeous NOT BLEACHED white anemone. She has settle in very well and is nice and sticky.

PICTURES!

Here she is!

whitenem.jpg

Top down

nemtopdown.jpg

Another attempt at a top down shot

topdownattempt.jpg

My pink pocillopora is looking much better

pinky.jpg

My clowns :) :)

fishgroup.jpg

The jawfish is not thrilled with his new neighbors.

That's a pretty Snow White rock anemone!!!!! My LFS has some in stock right now. I've been tempted but I don't really have the room. I don't think they can touch maxis. If they can, I'll pick one up. They have white too :)

Is that watermelon mushroom hiding now? I don't see it amongst the red ones.

Thanks all :)

The green mushroom was hiding. It's because my lights had been out for about an hour and I turned them back on to get pictures.

• 2 weeks later...

Not too much has been going on with the reef. I lost a couple zoas to algae so I have been letting everything settle for a bit. Yesterday I added a green clown goby and pompom crab. The day before that I picked up a green birdsnest. All are doing well. The goby even eats frozen! He's such a character. Way more interesting than the one I use to have.

greenbird-2.jpg

newgoby-1.jpg

Archived