Top Shelf Aquatics

A Wisconsinite Reef

HVani

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to hear about the jawfish :(

But whoa! I haven't been here in a couple months and I can really tell you've had a lot of growth. Most noticibly in the GPS wall of course. I want a gps wall one day. The flower nems are looking good.

Ug I haven't even cleaned the glass since my jawfish passed away :( The tank just seems so empty. I can't believe how much this has gotten to me.

In other news, when i took down my fuge I put the cheato in a jar with some old water and set it by my window. I was hoping to keep the stuff alive long enough for me to get my sump set up. It's doing pretty good and today I noticed it is CRAWLING with pods! It seems the larger amphipods have died off so now the small copepods are thriving! Good news for my Scooter.

So sorry about your jawfish :( It can certainly be disheartening. You'll bounce back though!!!!! Your tank is sooo beautiful!!!!!

Do you have a pump running on the jar of chaeto or is it just stagnant water? Interesting if it's the latter!!!!!!

Thanks Gena :)

Nope it's just stagnant. I add a little RO/DI here and there to try and keep salinity stable but otherwise it's hands off.

Thanks Gena :)

Nope it's just stagnant. I add a little RO/DI here and there to try and keep salinity stable but otherwise it's hands off.

That's so cool! Makes it easy for you to grow pods!!!!!!

Decided I'm gonna drill my 65 gallon. So I traded the overflow that came with my sump, for a very nice rose bubble anemone :) It is gonna look awesome in the big tank!

Your new scape looks fantabulous, but I'm sorry to hear about the passing of the jawfish :( That's so heartbreaking!

mantisman379

Doooooooood 0_o

If that baby splits maybe you could hook up one of your fellow Wisconsinite reefers, for some money of course :)

Doooooooood 0_o

If that baby splits maybe you could hook up one of your fellow Wisconsinite reefers, for some money of course :)

Of course! I plan to also offer clones for a bit cheaper than most to unload them quickly. This one is a clone and is doing really well.

We have hosting!!

hosting-1.png

Also THIS is the month the 65 finally gets started. I have packages coming in tomorrow and next week. Then I have a few things to pick u locally. Today the return pump(maxijet utility pump 3000) heater (jager 150w) and powerheads(two koralia 750s) arrived. How exciting :)

I've been planning out my layout for corals and I'm thinking over covering the back wall in all softies. I'll have GSP, xenia and a TON of various mushrooms all over the back wall. Should look awesome.

I decided to give Salt Critters a new chance. They had some really nice favia and zoas that I wanted so I made an order. Hopefully it goes well :)

mantisman379

Hopefully they don't mess up your shipment like they did to mine, I ordered a spotted mandarin and clean up crew and a pink urchin and some pods then when I got my order no mandarin or urchin, the two main things I wanted! they said they didn't meet there standards for shipping but they still shipped everything else out because of the pods they thought I needed the food. They said they didn't have any contact info so they didn't call me but I clearly gave them my phone and email when I made an account. Now I have to order from them again and pay for shipping again :(

That's no good.

My first order went ok but I wasn't very happy in the end. I ordered some WYSIWYG rics, some zoas and a green maze coral. The green maze was poop brown and super ugly and the rics really didn't look like the ones I ordered. The maze ended up dying and I got a nice GREEN one locally instead.

Also I got the dates mixed up, package arrives tomorrow! So today is rock wall building day

Archived