Coral Vue Hydros

A Wisconsinite Reef

HVani

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really not sure. It was short but fuzzy and was a green/brown color. I tried treating it with peroxide but I didn't have much success.

I'm really not sure. It was short but fuzzy and was a green/brown color. I tried treating it with peroxide but I didn't have much success.

Interesting. I've had cyano kill off some palys before, but no experience with that sort of algae. Hopefully it stays away for you. Is it all gone now?

I have one frag of palys that still has it. But it doesn't seem to grow anywhere else. It seems to be receding on the palys so I think they will be ok. Some heads are obviously lost but I don't think I will loose the whole frag.

My first green clown goby hid pretty much all the time then jumped out. It took me a few days to even realize he was missing. This guy I see out and about multiple times a day :)

I am so annoyed right now

Pacific East Aquaculture

Just got a ton of rock flower anemones in. They are really nice but IMO are WAY over priced. I mean they have one just like the white I got from my LFS for $130. I paid $12. Even the more common green colored ones are $99. They are even way more expensive than the one I bought from Reef Gardener. The most expensive one I have ever seen on her site was $90 and it was AMAZING. These prices PEA has are ridiculous, but I want them!!

I bet he will :)

So this morning the lights come on and jawfish has a cloudy eye :( His breathing is normal but he won't eat and is more nervous than usual. Water change day is tomorrow and I'm gonna hook up the skimmer again to keep water quality good. Hopefully he can pull through on his own :(

:o

I hope he pulls through for you!!!! He needs to keep eating. I don't know if it's a bunch of BS, but they say garlic is enticing to them. Maybe try soaking his regular fish food in garlic first.

Deleted User 4
:o

I hope he pulls through for you!!!! He needs to keep eating. I don't know if it's a bunch of BS, but they say garlic is enticing to them. Maybe try soaking his regular fish food in garlic first.

I do not know if that method works Gena. But I surely do know purchasing and feeding the fish food that's already garlic flavored, helps get rid of some parasitic problems on fish since I do have past experience with it before. Try doing a water change, then feed it that and lower the salinity level if you can.

He ate some cyclopeeze and other frozen food a couple times yesterday. I'm trying to get him to eat the NLS pellets I have since they have garlic in them. They seem to fall too fast and he's too nervous to go very far from his burrow. He still is breathing well and has been working on his burrow like normal.

He ate some cyclopeeze and other frozen food a couple times yesterday. I'm trying to get him to eat the NLS pellets I have since they have garlic in them. They seem to fall too fast and he's too nervous to go very far from his burrow. He still is breathing well and has been working on his burrow like normal.

That's great news! Least he has the energy to work like normal. It's probably just a "cold" :)

My green clown goby is sitting in my maxi mini :wacko:

How is that even possible? The anemone is not reacting at all. The goby is also not affected. What is going on?

My green clown goby is sitting in my maxi mini :wacko:

How is that even possible? The anemone is not reacting at all. The goby is also not affected. What is going on?

clown gobys are weird. they seem to be indestructible lol

My jawfish's eye looks way better this morning. It's almost completely cleared up. He's still a little shy about coming out but he's eating well when spot fed.

Deleted User 3
Not too much has been going on with the reef. I lost a couple zoas to algae so I have been letting everything settle for a bit. Yesterday I added a green clown goby and pompom crab. The day before that I picked up a green birdsnest. All are doing well. The goby even eats frozen! He's such a character. Way more interesting than the one I use to have.

greenbird-2.jpg

newgoby-1.jpg

ahhh you have a green clown goby I think. I want one >< I love them suckers!

My jawfish's eye looks way better this morning. It's almost completely cleared up. He's still a little shy about coming out but he's eating well when spot fed.

Glad he's alright! <3

Deleted User 3
I do and he is freaking adorable!

I'm so jeli. I wanted to get one originally but opted for my pair of clownfish. When i upgrade I might get one... but that will be a while because I have to get some $$ first! :P

Well my jawfish's eye has almost totally cleared up :) So I think he will end up being fine.

Here are some pictures I took of the tank today.

endJuneshot.jpg

trumpetgoby.jpg

pompom.jpg

picassohosting.jpg

nonameclown.jpg

HiRed.jpg

Sure! I'll have to try and get more tomorrow since the light is out now. Plus taking pictures of clowns is always tough.

Here he is when I got him in mid February to give you an idea of how much he's changed

redclownleft.jpg

Deleted User 4

Wowsers, it changed so much. I'd figure it looked like this since I saw it from the website....your clown is on the "hall of fame" for alphacorals.com...lol

Archived