Innovative Marine Aquariums

A Wisconsinite Reef

HVani

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's how water ends up in the fuge. It helps a little with flow. I still get dead spots so I have to clean it out every so many water changes.

My fire shrimp has been coming out a bit more. Hopefully I can get a picture soon. He's a neat critter.

My fire shrimp has been coming out a bit more. Hopefully I can get a picture soon. He's a neat critter.

Fire shrimp are gorgeous. More reclusive, but stunning :)

Looks great!

I am planning on 2 fire shrimp for the DT and 2 Skunks for the FUGE.

Really do love your little tank though. The way things are growing in is awesome! B)

You know I kind of like that the fire shrimp is a little more shy. Makes it a little cooler when I see him :)

The tank is coming along though I'm having some small issues with 2 of my zoas not being happy. They seem to be getting algae on them. I did a dip in revive and peroxide but they don't seem to be getting any better :(

You know I kind of like that the fire shrimp is a little more shy. Makes it a little cooler when I see him :)

The tank is coming along though I'm having some small issues with 2 of my zoas not being happy. They seem to be getting algae on them. I did a dip in revive and peroxide but they don't seem to be getting any better :(

Mine do the same. Try putting them in a higher flow area. They really seem to like the higher flow. ;)

I really want a red one! But I will most likely wait until the new tank is set up. I'm thinking about ding an island of GSP and rock anemones. Should look neat.

The new nem has crawled up into a rock and is having trouble adjusting. Hopefully she makes it ok.

Speaking of new tank I have found a few used items for the 65. I will be picking up next week a sump, overflow and skimmer. Now I just need a pump for the sump, possible plumbing and to make a top. then it's ready for rocks and sand.

Considering I'm not planning on setting up the 65 for a while, there has been a lot of used stuff showing up on the forums that would work with my set up.

Update on the Reef

The new rock anemones fell apart while in the rocks. Bummer

In better news the other corals are looking very nice and my other rock anemones are looking good.

Yesterday was a water change and that went smoothly but this morning my bubble tip is missing. It might be back behind the normal rock it's on but I can't be sure. It's always pretty unhappy after a water change. It was fed a couple days ago and ate well.

Found my bubble tip. It was in it's normal place just more withdrawn into the rock. It started inflating this evening and I could see where it was.

Not much going on right now. The most exciting thing that has happened is my shrimp molted lol.

So I decided to play a game. What to stock in the 65! With pictures!

Not all of these but these are some fish I'm considering

Orange Spot blenny

p-88871-orange-spotted.jpg

Purple firefish

p-71146-purple-firefish.jpg

Flame Back Angel fish

lg-66297-Flameback-African.jpg

Green Banded Goby

lg-90041-Greenbanded-Goby.jpg

Labout's Fairy Wrasse

lg-39811-laboutts.jpg

McCosker's Wrasse

lg-39306-mckoskers-flasher-.jpg

Fathead Sunburst ANthias

lg-89291-fathead-sunburst.jpg

Like I said not ALL of these fish, just some one's I'm considering. I also even thought about a small Tang :lol:

Mimic Tangs are my Favorite :wub:

lg-24033-mimicLemonPeel-juv.jpg

Fathead Sunburst ANthias

lg-89291-fathead-sunburst.jpg

THIS! :wub:

One of my very favorite fish. They are gorgeous!!!!!! got2envy has one. I think she's the only one!!!!!

I envy all the gallon-age you have to stock fish with. I would definitely get one if I could.

I like you other choices too :happy:

Yeah I'm really considering a sunburst anthias as a center piece for this tank. Then keeping a lot of smaller fish in with it.

Few new pictures for you all.

After hiding in a hole for 3 weeks, my green striped mushroom is finally coming out

greenmushroom.jpg

My shrimp :)

shrimp-1.jpg

My emerald crab pretending to be an anemone crab

posercrab.jpg

A cool picture of my urchin

coolurchin.jpg

I hate water change day, everything looks so angry afterwards.

Anyway I took a razor blade to my red mushrooms and cut them back a bit. I also fed all the nems and blew off the rocks. Everything should look nice and clean tomorrow :)

The 65 might be set up earlier than planned so I can do a slow move over from the 25 gallon. Kind of depends on if I get the job I interviewed for today.

For stock I'm looking at my current fish plus,

purple firefish

mccosker's wrasse

orange spotted blenny

maybe a flameback angel

I looked into sunburst anthias but they seem to die for no real reason :( Plus I think if I keep most of my fish small it will make the tank look bigger :)

I hate water change day, everything looks so angry afterwards.

Anyway I took a razor blade to my red mushrooms and cut them back a bit. I also fed all the nems and blew off the rocks. Everything should look nice and clean tomorrow :)

I wish I lived closer to get your clippings!!!!!!!!!

Archived