Coral Vue Hydros

Danielle's • NC24 • Moderately updated • FTS 5/26

surgicalsense

Taking one... geesh I was more then happy to take it ;) from him :lol:

Those Tubbs are multiplying. But, these ones are so small. The heads of the polyps themselves are so tiny. I must have almost 20 on that frag... geesh

Win/Win :)

I still have only three little polyps and maybe one little baby starting to bud out. But I do love those little blue guys.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
surgicalsense
Win/Win :)

I still have only three little polyps and maybe one little baby starting to bud out. But I do love those little blue guys.

They will eat mysis, but their moody with it. Would rather be crop dusted. The Vivid rainbows eat the mysis up. Basically those are the only zoa I have purchased from Vivid.

Do you recall those lavender/blue one I purchased. Well they definately not blue. Only lavender. They way they act is really weird too. But, they seem to be doing okay. I am just going to leave them on the frag plug until after I move. The Radio actives are moving and kind of spreading off of the plug.

Taking one... geesh I was more then happy to take it ;) from him :lol:

Those Tubbs are multiplying. But, these ones are so small. The heads of the polyps themselves are so tiny. I must have almost 20 on that frag... geesh

HA I can't get reef related favors from him but I am getting the stand! ;) I love trading it always ends up fun! :D

The new photos are great!

It's hard having the patience to not get more stuff when a move is coming up. But that leaves time for things to grow out.

My thermometer broke inside the tank once and I panicked, but nothing happened.

Also, I like your state.

surgicalsense
Hellooooo!!!!! Did you have a nice weekend? :happy:

I did thank you, there was some pit-falls but for the most part it was pretty cool. I rehomed the golden apple snail. I still am going to try to push my tiny little fishes and cherry shrimps on you ;) you pico has plenty of room.

Tank update:

I did my WC yesterday. Get this I was able to keep my tank stable 2 weeks without doing a water change and this is with the skimmer removed B) .. Well I know this will changed but I was pretty impressed :lol:

Other then that, nothing special to report. Pretty boring on my end until I move this tank and document the move.

:mellow:

I'll take the cherry shrimp for sure...but I don't want the fish. My 6 quarrel enough as it is!

Remember I told you I was going to crop dust on Monday's and Friday's? I did that today. I think it will really help to add nutrients back into my tank. Hopefully I can find the right balance though so I don't get more algae and reduce what's already there! I dusted almost everything too. My Sunny D's looked better today. Hopefully from the dusting :)

surgicalsense
I'll take the cherry shrimp for sure...but I don't want the fish. My 6 quarrel enough as it is!

Remember I told you I was going to crop dust on Monday's and Friday's? I did that today. I think it will really help to add nutrients back into my tank. Hopefully I can find the right balance though so I don't get more algae and reduce what's already there! I dusted almost everything too. My Sunny D's looked better today. Hopefully from the dusting :)

I will corral the cherry shrimp.

I will tell the fish you do not want to give them love :lol: I have to toss them out into the cold streets of rejection :P

I will corral the cherry shrimp.

I will tell the fish you do not want to give them love :lol: I have to toss them out into the cold streets of rejection :P

Don't do that!!!!! :lol:

I did thank you, there was some pit-falls but for the most part it was pretty cool. I rehomed the golden apple snail. I still am going to try to push my tiny little fishes and cherry shrimps on you ;) you pico has plenty of room.

Tank update:

I did my WC yesterday. Get this I was able to keep my tank stable 2 weeks without doing a water change and this is with the skimmer removed B) .. Well I know this will changed but I was pretty impressed :lol:

Other then that, nothing special to report. Pretty boring on my end until I move this tank and document the move.

:mellow:

Where you moving your tank to? Looking good SS.

surgicalsense
Where you moving your tank to? Looking good SS.

I move leaving Cali! Getting out of dodge and moving to New Mexico in 6 months.

... and thank you! :D However, I am going to do any more stocking until I am relocated.

Yep...she's leaving us behind!!!!! In the dirt :lol:

BTW, CJ....Brad (Deckoz) is coming out in April and we're talking about all meeting up at Vivid and going out for Sushi. You should come with us if you can. There's a few of us that are going to go.

nevermore1701
I move leaving Cali! Getting out of dodge and moving to New Mexico in 6 months.

... and thank you! :D However, I am going to do any more stocking until I am relocated.

Hope you're not moving to Santa Fe, was there a couple of weekends ago, they have a Petco and that's pretty much it for salt water :mellow:

surgicalsense
Hope you're not moving to Santa Fe, was there a couple of weekends ago, they have a Petco and that's pretty much it for salt water :mellow:

Nope, Albuquerque. And there is a complete SW store. Called South West Reefing company. I scored :P it is the only one in downtown. Awesome. Their on fb and have a website, darlin.

Your most recent FTS looks awesome! Now I see the shelves gena is talking about. They're so cool. Haha!

Oh yeah! Did you ever end up going to the Canyon Plaza to get water at the Aqua Fill there?

surgicalsense
Your most recent FTS looks awesome! Now I see the shelves gena is talking about. They're so cool. Haha!

Oh yeah! Did you ever end up going to the Canyon Plaza to get water at the Aqua Fill there?

Thank you ...

Not yet ... I am going to have to at some point before I move, if not. I will definately learn as soon as I move because I will not have a choice either way.

surgicalsense

My Tubbs have been closed for the last 2 days :huh: ... just closed. I dosed yesterday, because I forgot to when I did the WC.

All I can do is keep an eye on them and see.

Something's amiss with your water chemisty. I'm going to guess your alkalinity. That's what happened to mine. They have since come back strong as ever.

Bleh!

I am due to test mine today. Depending on what they are today VS Wednesday will decide if I need to dose or not.

I may/will do another week long testing to see what they ride at, no mid week WC for them then! I did it on Sunday so we will see.

Hope the Tubbs come back.

surgicalsense
Bleh!

I am due to test mine today. Depending on what they are today VS Wednesday will decide if I need to dose or not.

I may/will do another week long testing to see what they ride at, no mid week WC for them then! I did it on Sunday so we will see.

Hope the Tubbs come back.

A few have opened. Also, how are you doing? I still have to test, my lazy ass hasn't done much these days. I did dose yesterday. No worries and thanks darlin. I think the Tubbs will be fine. Their responding since I dosed. Slowly but surely.

Something's amiss with your water chemisty. I'm going to guess your alkalinity. That's what happened to mine. They have since come back strong as ever.

Probably so, :P that is why you asked when I was over. I hadn't seen this posting yet :D ... I will test later this evening.

I am doing great you?

Just tired it was a long last 2 weeks at work but it's nice, I like it! :D

Good to hear they are coming around again! FW is so much tougher when it comes to swings, very little will die off, the shrimp would have worried me more then the plants! ;)

surgicalsense
Good morningmy dea!. How are the tubbs doing, my favorite corals in your tank?

A fraction of them began to slowly reopen. So I will take a good look at them later and update ;)

A fraction of them began to slowly reopen. So I will take a good look at them later and update ;)

Archived