ReefCleaners.org

Danielle's • NC24 • Moderately updated • FTS 5/26

surgicalsense

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't use fb, I just make accounts. I have a cell phone that I use for taking pictures and calling my parents. I dont even know how to text someone unless they text me. I don't even text back.

My parents had blocks on the Internet and the tv when I was growing up. I was always smart enough to figure out their password though. Then they'd catch me watching HBO and change the password. I'd always figure it out again. Finally my dad realized the only reason I kept unblocking the TV was so I could watch old school R-rated horror movies like Nightmare on Elm Street and Halloween and he gave up. I always loved horror movies and honestly there were way worse things on TV that I wasn't watching.

Texting is annoying. I hurt my fingers when I do it. I am also a horrible typer on my phone. The only touch keyboard that I can type on is the iPad, which I'm doing now.

That's sad. I'm a huge texter

My personal best was 20k sent, 40k total. BB Pearl is the best texting phone. I like my iPhones much better but for texting the Pearl wins IMO.

Texting is annoying. I hurt my fingers when I do it. I am also a horrible typer on my phone. The only touch keyboard that I can type on is the iPad, which I'm doing now.

iPad rules.

surgicalsense
My parents had blocks on the Internet and the tv when I was growing up. I was always smart enough to figure out their password though. Then they'd catch me watching HBO and change the password. I'd always figure it out again. Finally my dad realized the only reason I kept unblocking the TV was so I could watch old school R-rated horror movies like Nightmare on Elm Street and Halloween and he gave up. I always loved horror movies and honestly there were way worse things on TV that I wasn't watching.

:lol: ... classic ... we are particular about what the kids watch. No blocks on the Tv but us physically.

surgicalsense
I don't even have an XBOX.

partially cause I'll get addicted and do nothing else.

:P .. that would be my son. However, because we watch they usage that does not occur. But he trys other routes.

I was a lil boy spending every night with my old man in his computer room. He had some POS, and I was rocking the orange screen Apple L2. 5,1/2 inch floppies were all the rage. I remember we crapped our pants when we first connected to another person's server and downloaded some pathetically small and mediocre game. This was before "Dial up" when it was only server to server.

Then "dial up" internet came about and that absolutely destroyed our pants as well.

Like soiled undershorts, "times are a changin"

surgicalsense
I was a lil boy spending every night with my old man in his computer room. He had some POS, and I was rocking the orange screen Apple L2. 5,1/2 inch floppies were all the rage. I remember we crapped our pants when we first connected to another person's server and downloaded some pathetically small and mediocre game. This was before "Dial up" when it was only server to server.

Then "dial up" internet came about and that absolutely destroyed our pants as well.

Like soiled undershorts, "times are a changin"

:lol: ... that is why my son is getting, water-boarded when I get home.

godfathernikki

^^ Too true! Take it from someone who grew up during the internet boom - the surer you are about how locked down your systems are, the more likely it is that they have already found a way around them :) My parents even went to the extreme of cancelling our dialup.

surgicalsense
Poor kid. What'd he do?

Long story short. Snuck his sisters cell phone (which as no internet on it for specific reasons) played games on it and racked up bill $$$ to a rediclous amount. Verizonwireless called this morning, advised me of the random usage and the cost :eek:

Now Verizon handled it and I am not paying that $$$ amount. But, he is not safe, nor out of the clear.

... they (my kids) had been warned not to use the internet on their cells.

surgicalsense
Feisty little devil :lol: He'll be trouble when he's older

:blink:

^^ Too true! Take it from someone who grew up during the internet boom - the surer you are about how locked down your systems are, the more likely it is that they have already found a way around them :) My parents even went to the extreme of cancelling our dialup.

My blocks are with my internet/cable provider. Also I am the home computer repair chic. I set up and fix almost all the issues.... my son is smarter then the average bear, but he isn't getting in. That is what key stroke tracing programs are for B)

surgicalsense
You sound like a great Mom Surgical.

:) thank you, Woogs

... but, I still have my FAILed! :lol: parenting moments. Good grief!

I know my son could not set up a fb account because of his age. Per their policies in place now. You have to be 13 yrs of age and older to have a fb account. Jordan your older then that.

I didn't know they could be as young as 13! Yikes! Does your son have My Big Campus? That's what the kids here are using. My son isn't really that into it though.

surgicalsense
I didn't know they could be as young as 13! Yikes! Does your son have My Big Campus? That's what the kids here are using. My son isn't really that into it though.

No he doesn't. I allowed him to have a email/yahoo account. But I am the administrator to it and he can not change a thing without me getting some sort of notificiation ;) ... I have the :lockdown:

surgicalsense
Are you a slave-driver?

Absolutely not. I am a mother that does not allow my son/daughter to do whatever they want. Specially with the way things are now a days. My kids have certain freedoms. But, the moment they do not hold their end of the bargin, I have the power to take it away.

Archived