Top Shelf Aquatics

Danielle's • NC24 • Moderately updated • FTS 5/26

surgicalsense

Are you a slave-driver?

Nope, she's just being a good mom. That was nice of Verizon to let you know and not make you pay the charges. This kind of stuff makes me dread ever being a parent. I don't know how you guys do it!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was a lil boy spending every night with my old man in his computer room. He had some POS, and I was rocking the orange screen Apple L2. 5,1/2 inch floppies were all the rage. I remember we crapped our pants when we first connected to another person's server and downloaded some pathetically small and mediocre game. This was before "Dial up" when it was only server to server.

Then "dial up" internet came about and that absolutely destroyed our pants as well.

Like soiled undershorts, "times are a changin"

I remember playing that Tank game with the Black and Green screen, Also the gorilla game where you had to throw a banana and kill the other gorilla at the other end of the Buildings, but Prince was my ALL TIME fave!

This was all on a super awesome original Apple computer when they came out. Heavy beast, some kid broke the power button by pressing it too many times and we couldn't turn it on anymore. -_-

Then there were Dells! And the Internet and AIM hotmail etc! I didn't have a Myspace until Highschool, and a facebook until about 5 years ago, I hate it! And I am never on AIM anymore, or Hotmail. All Google/Gmail now.

Long story short. Snuck his sisters cell phone (which as no internet on it for specific reasons) played games on it and racked up bill $$$ to a rediclous amount. Verizonwireless called this morning, advised me of the random usage and the cost :eek:

Now Verizon handled it and I am not paying that $$$ amount. But, he is not safe, nor out of the clear.

... they (my kids) had been warned not to use the internet on their cells.

HA! I couldn't have a cell until I could buy one myself (So 18), and then I had to pay it and my car insurance while I went to school and worked part time. I understand why Dad made me take responsibility even though he could have paid those things for me. He wanted me to learn to earn my own.

Are you a slave-driver?

No she has rules and he broke them, I had a curfew of no later then 11PM when I was 18 and graduated from HS. Try dealing with a rebellious 18 year old girl who has a car and job that keeps her past that curfew time on most nights.

If I broke a rule I lost the car, or I lost phone/internet privileges etc. With each action there is consequences, he has to learn that. ;)

Absolutely not. I am a mother that does not allow my son/daughter to do whatever they want. Specially with the way things are now a days. My kids have certain freedoms. But, the moment they do not hold their end of the bargin, I have the power to take it away.

Preach it!

black+choir.jpg

That's a really eloquent statement of your parenthood and it sounds like you're doing it right.

surgicalsense
any idea what page pictures are on ?

Sorry, not cataloged and I have a crappy camera... however are due. But my tank is on a stand still because I am moving.

surgicalsense
HAHA lmao! :lol:;)

I know right!?

Doing to fun WC this morning and feed my reef babies ... after my coffee of course. Will do a little bit more packing (I did an awesome job yesterday :D ) and chores.

Will frag the xenia in the next week.

So I take it that you weren't arrested for child abuse this weekend? My son is 15 and almost the perfect kid, my daughter is now 22 and doing just fine, but the 13 to 18 years were living hell with her.

surgicalsense
So I take it that you weren't arrested for child abuse this weekend? My son is 15 and almost the perfect kid, my daughter is now 22 and doing just fine, but the 13 to 18 years were living hell with her.

Great, I can hardly wait :mellow:

... on another note. Fragging the xenia was a success. I just need to make sure it stays put on the plug. Will do that when I get home from work.

My daughter at the age of 12 or so, started leaking gray matter out of her ears at night, she grew horns and had spiked teeth by the time she was 14. It only got worse from there. It did start to get better around 18. It was just like the movie the Exorcist, but lasted 6 years.

Now she's 22 married and responsible and just like the daughter I knew long ago.

surgicalsense
My daughter at the age of 12 or so, started leaking gray matter out of her ears at night, she grew horns and had spiked teeth by the time she was 14. It only got worse from there. It did start to get better around 18. It was just like the movie the Exorcist, but lasted 6 years.

Now she's 22 married and responsible and just like the daughter I knew long ago.

:lol: awesome demographics

surgicalsense

Update:

Dimmer for my white/blue pros was totally worth it. Now I can do many lighting adjustments/moods independently of each other.

Had to glue the fragged xenia down. It began sticking itself to the meshing. Which back fired. Its angry again, but I hope it will bounce back in an hour (I hope) ;)

surgicalsense
Stop posting about your lights, I can't spend any money till I get my credit card (school. Oops and dental work) paid off!

:P ... sorry

Nice! Glad your liking the LEDs

Man next upgrade is LEDs but that will be a bit......

I can't wait ... your tank is going freaken explode with growth. Specially with your scaping and coral layout.

Glad the lights are working for ya. Pics????

... yeah, yeah. I will Mark.

Alright! more people from 818 with a NC.

I have a blue/white panorama pro on my 24 nano cube as well. I just ordered the blue/magenta yesterday with the dimmers so hopefully i'll get better growth.

I have a blue/white panorama pro on my 24 nano cube as well. I just ordered the blue/magenta yesterday with the dimmers so hopefully i'll get better growth.

Yeah....accept she won't be 818 much longer :( There's still quite a few of us on here though.

surgicalsense
:lol:

It's like pulling teeth trying to get her to post some photos ;) j/k :happy:

:lol:

Yeah - yeah ... Gena :P ... I wish I could take better pictures that look right.

I glued the xenia down. In one week you will have it. It needs time to heal a bit.

Yeah....accept she won't be 818 much longer :( There's still quite a few of us on here though.

But, I will be back in Cali often and I think I am going to keep my 818 cell number ;)

You will totally dig them. I have the white and blues pros along with the RGB pros. Love them. Growth is rapid and amazing now.

Archived