Danielle's • NC24 • Moderately updated • FTS 5/26

surgicalsense

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
surgicalsense

Also check this vid out

How To Remove Sea Anemones

:lol: .... thanx! That was a great tutorial!

surgicalsense

Have you done any night stalking yet?

No because I have been catching up on sleep from the last 3 days, but since you mention it I will tonight. Thank you, Gena.

I will be like a :ninja: ... Crouching Tiger, Hidden Reefer ;)

No because I have been catching up on sleep from the last 3 days, but since you mention it I will tonight. Thank you, Gena.

I will be like a :ninja: ... Crouching Tiger, Hidden Reefer ;)

Did you do it?
surgicalsense

Did you do it?

No one is bothering the nem at night. Even the porcelain hangs out by it time to time, but does not even bug it. Does not even climb on it ... I think the clowns hurt it, but they are not really bothering it to much these days. The nem is eating. It is also growing (thank goodness) If I can keep it alive and growing, hopefully it will force me to get the larger tank asap if it out grows this NC.

I am also keeping a HH orange bi-valve alive on my left shelf, I am curious to see how big it will get. It is about the size of a kidney bean now.

No one is bothering the nem at night. Even the porcelain hangs out by it time to time, but does not even bug it. Does not even climb on it ... I think the clowns hurt it, but they are not really bothering it to much these days. The nem is eating. It is also growing (thank goodness) If I can keep it alive and growing, hopefully it will force me to get the larger tank asap if it out grows this NC.

I am also keeping a HH orange bi-valve alive on my left shelf, I am curious to see how big it will get. It is about the size of a kidney bean now.

Well that's great news!!!! :) What are you thinking of upgrading to?
surgicalsense

Well that's great news!!!! :) What are you thinking of upgrading to?

I will still keep my guard up with the nem and what is going with it being beat up <_<

You recall the raving talk of a Red Sea, well that is still in my thoughts. But, I really dig those shallows. So not 100% sure just yet. I know I want a sump for sure in stead of a refugium. Undecided :wacko:

I will still keep my guard up with the nem and what is going with it being beat up <_<

You recall the raving talk of a Red Sea, well that is still in my thoughts. But, I really dig those shallows. So not 100% sure just yet. I know I want a sump for sure in stead of a refugium. Undecided :wacko:

Don't do the RSM or any AIO. Go for a drilled tank with a sump. Sooooo much better!!!!!

Yep. AIO's are good for beginners but restrict you too much once you are ready to grow. Go for the shallow and a decent sized sump!

surgicalsense

I agree with all of you ... I think it just depends which way I want to go. Large deep tank like the RSM where I can build an incredible wall scape like I have now in my NC or if I want to play in the shallow tide pool.

Either way I will let all my reefing buddies know when I have decided to become a grown up with my reefing system :D

* I would have to have Vivid Reefing order my RSM and if I did the shallow, I might have to brave building it from scratch :blink:

.... also I will get in a FTS in today. I have to re-glue down some corals I was obligated to move because of the nem. Also my candy cane may not make it. The nem stung them while walking over them. They look pretty bad.

jedimasterben

I would get another Red Sea in a heart beat. I'm just an AIO kind of girl.

Who has modified it a dozen ways AND added a sump. :rolleyes:

surgicalsense

Update:

Suicide proofed the Fluval Spec stock cover ... my new clown goby will NOT be able to jump out regardless of how much it hates my pico :lol:

Also, added a tiny cute (male) pom pom crab, came with his pom poms.

Added (transfered from the NC) another hermit to the pico so that the current hermit does not get depressed from loneliness.

Looks like the ric is splitting in the pico (but now I have doubting this)

Moved and reglued some of my corals down in the NC ... will clean the glass and have my husband take pictures for me with his iphone.

... true story, the end :P

surgicalsense

They do split, and sometimes they sprout babies, either way it's good!

Post pics! ;)

Alright cool .... just got done cleaning the glass on the inside of the tank. Now the outside ... shortly, husband is watching hockey. I have to wait.

Plus most of the corals are mad now.

Who needs the man to take the pics! You can do it! I bereieve in yru ;)

Wait i was with u until u threw us men under the bus.

Because we take betta pics :P

surgicalsense

Its all tied up at 1 apiece. What a great game. Ahh i'm a Ducks fan myself :(

Husband is born and raised, New England. Basically he is pissed right now.

Husband is born and raised, New England. Basically he is pissed right now.

2-1 win! Series all tied up! Now he should be a happy man omgomgomg

Now get sum pics :lol:

Archived