inTank Media Baskets

Danielle's • NC24 • Moderately updated • FTS 5/26

surgicalsense

surgicalsense

That's great news about the pom pom crab!!!! How's everything else doing after your absence? Bouncing back?

Everything in the tank looks a bit better. I will have to move the gorgorian again :angry: the feather duster does not like it close to it and neither does the gorgorian. Feather dust has been twisting and turning its tube. The nem has completely moved again. Up the rock face. It is in a pretty good place for it so far. But, honestly I did not want it climbing up the rock face towards all the corals I have up on the shelves and top scape.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It helps knowing I can go to them. They took them name Vivid from the Vivid we know in Canoga Park. I was told the store in Canoga was his inspiration to the Vivid Reef he has opened. I always get greeted by first name when I walk in the door which is pretty cool, better then the treatment I would get from the stores I would frequent back in Cali.

:happy:

hey now Dave is a nice guy I always chat it up when I visit vivid in canoga , sorry about your son good thing he is doing better, my son broke his leg on Monday and had to cut my trip one week short.
surgicalsense

hey now Dave is a nice guy I always chat it up when I visit vivid in canoga , sorry about your son good thing he is doing better, my son broke his leg on Monday and had to cut my trip one week short.

Sorry about your son, too. What do you mean about, Dave? I did not say anything, other then the Vivid here admires the Vivid in Cali.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I came across a 10g tank that someone was tossing out.

Super dirty, rank from fresh water and calcium deposits on the glass and rim.

It is now sitting in my tube in a bath of vinegar and water, getting some TLC.

I have no idea what I am going to do with this tank, I am sure I can come up with something fun.

Everything in the tank looks a bit better. I will have to move the gorgorian again :angry: the feather duster does not like it close to it and neither does the gorgorian. Feather dust has been twisting and turning its tube. The nem has completely moved again. Up the rock face. It is in a pretty good place for it so far. But, honestly I did not want it climbing up the rock face towards all the corals I have up on the shelves and top scape.

They always go where you don't want them.

How's things?

surgicalsense

They always go where you don't want them.

How's things?

My NC is okay. Nem looks crappy (my opinion) but it ate 2 nice shrimp chunks.

The ric has completely split. Now I have 2 small rics in the pico.

My NC is okay. Nem looks crappy (my opinion) but it ate 2 nice shrimp chunks.

The ric has completely split. Now I have 2 small rics in the pico.

Well that's good but was also asking about the non reef things. ;)

surgicalsense

Well that's good but was also asking about the non reef things. ;)

I can tell my daughter is home-sick when I speak to her, but she is still having fun in Cali. My son is alright, I can not wait to see him again mid July. He will be here with me in Albuquerque.

Well good and good, she will figure it out and I am glad he is doing well.

You rest now, relax if you can a bit and then just figure out what needs figuring out (you got me) if you need an ear let me know.

I came across a 10g tank that someone was tossing out.

Super dirty, rank from fresh water and calcium deposits on the glass and rim.

It is now sitting in my tube in a bath of vinegar and water, getting some TLC.

I have no idea what I am going to do with this tank, I am sure I can come up with something fun.

If you go saltwater with it, do something easy! Like a macroalgae/sexy shrimp/maxi-mini anemone tank. That was my 10g and it was a very simple setup, but so pretty to look at.
surgicalsense

If you go saltwater with it, do something easy! Like a macroalgae/sexy shrimp/maxi-mini anemone tank. That was my 10g and it was a very simple setup, but so pretty to look at.

I would love to that. But, that is way over my head right now with my positions with my current tanks. $$$$ is not on my side here. I want to make a hermit crab tank. But will be a work in progress and will not be set up until late August if not next year.

I would love to that. But, that is way over my head right now with my positions with my current tanks. $$$$ is not on my side here. I want to make a hermit crab tank. But will be a work in progress and will not be set up until late August if not next year.

Ohhh....I like a hermit crab tank better actually! It's too much work having multiple tanks going, for me anyways.
surgicalsense

Ohhh....I like a hermit crab tank better actually! It's too much work having multiple tanks going, for me anyways.

Ditto ....

surgicalsense

Crab tank! Sounds awesome! Totally start a thread if you do start it.

I will, promise. This tank has such a heavy layer of calcium deposits on the glass. Pretty gross, that they let it get this bad. I got most of it off, but it need to soak more.

surgicalsense

How goes it in here? Hope things have settled down some and improved for you :)

Yes and no .... I feel like my tanks once again have gone stale-mate again. I can really buy anything now and this includes the lights for the pico. So this is a bit frustrating. I can never get ahead, so now I will focus on keeping my nem thriving and growing in my nano.

I can only imagine.

Not sure you want to though :lol:

Yes and no .... I feel like my tanks once again have gone stale-mate again. I can really buy anything now and this includes the lights for the pico. So this is a bit frustrating. I can never get ahead, so now I will focus on keeping my nem thriving and growing in my nano.

Plan a day trip out this way w/ the fam and take a break from it all. I'll send you home with loads of free frags to get you back in the game :D

surgicalsense

Plan a day trip out this way w/ the fam and take a break from it all. I'll send you home with loads of free frags to get you back in the game :D

I will consider once my son get into town mid July. Thank you, your awesome!

This way we can site-see NM that we have not visited or seen yet!!!

I will consider once my son get into town mid July. Thank you, your awesome!

This way we can site-see NM that we have not visited or seen yet!!!

Yea, its only 2 1/2 hour drive so not that bad and its a super cool little tourist town. Your fam will dig it and your tank will thank you :)

surgicalsense

Yea, its only 2 1/2 hour drive so not that bad and its a super cool little tourist town. Your fam will dig it and your tank will thank you :)

Agreed!!

Do you have Xenia? Mine are the short stocked pink pulsating and are walkers. If interested I could least frag you one.

Archived