Cultivated Reef

Danielle's • NC24 • Moderately updated • FTS 5/26

surgicalsense

:lol:

She was my best reef buddy until she moved away.

Yea well, now she's my best reef buddy because she lives in NM, i'm stealing her,lol

I'm a NM reef buddy hoarder. I think there's 4 of us in total through out the entire state, j/k haha

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
surgicalsense

What? where did you guys see a pic of the BTA, did i miss it somewhere? Cant wait to see it

I sent via cell phone, I promise I will post within the week. I promise. You will really dig the color specs on this nem. I had no idea of the name of the color type until I accidentally stumbled upon it on ebay :lol:

Where's the nem!! :rant:

jk. :)

In my NC with proper lighting .... not China lights ;)

:lol:

She was my best reef buddy until she moved away.

:tears: ... I know ... I am missing awesome build you have going on now (up front in personal)

Yea well, now she's my best reef buddy because she lives in NM, i'm stealing her,lol

I'm a NM reef buddy hoarder. I think there's 4 of us in total through out the entire state, j/k haha

Where are you in NM?

I am just on the boarder of Abq and Rio Rancho :)

... unless I totally misread/misunderstood and your not even in the Land of Entrapment.

Deleted User 4

Hey hey hey Only reason why I bought the china lights is because they're cheap!! Lol, and I needed a long lighting fixture to match with the tank. Ai nano needed to be hanged from the ceiling, which I'm not allowed to use. :)

surgicalsense

Hey hey hey Only reason why I bought the china lights is because they're cheap!! Lol, and I needed a long lighting fixture to match with the tank. Ai nano needed to be hanged from the ceiling, which I'm not allowed to use. :)

I know, I can not help myself with keeping the, "China lights" joke/comment going ;) ... sorry, I will knock it off :P

Ai do not have a, "Goose neck" attachment you can use? I have not looked into the product so I haven't the foggiest idea.

surgicalsense

Lolol I was just joking :)

it does but I would have to mount it at the side...lol

:P

Oh I see ... the side is bad? aesthetically it would look bad? or not cover the spectrum evenly across the tank?

Deleted User 4

:P

Oh I see ... the side is bad? aesthetically it would look bad? or not cover the spectrum evenly across the tank?

Both imo. :)

Well, later on I plan to upgrade to an innovative marine skyye single strip led.

They have the right size for my tank, 18". :)

Where are you in NM?

I am just on the boarder of Abq and Rio Rancho :)

... unless I totally misread/misunderstood and your not even in the Land of Entrapment.

Ruidoso, Central Nm and i have Tequlia Sunrise to :) Or at least that's what the online vendor called him.

So here's my Tequila Sunrise

Vendors wysiwyg pic

22_zps15e15b03.jpg

When i got em.

P1210499_zps95d81e05.jpg

surgicalsense

Both imo. :)

Well, later on I plan to upgrade to an innovative marine skyye single strip led.

They have the right size for my tank, 18". :)

Nice! I can see how this won your heart. I think my two Ecoxotics boost 14K together. Dang, I am not even sure. While I worry about bleaching my new nem :blink:

Do those lights only come in the white casing? Not that I am changing mine out anytime soon. I just think black sometimes has a cleaner look for the tanks.

surgicalsense

Ruidoso, Central Nm and i have Tequlia Sunrise to :) Or at least that's what the online vendor called him.

So here's my Tequila Sunrise

Vendors wysiwyg pic

Ruidoso? I do not know of this place :mellow: I am so new here, still. Still trying to make my way around Abq. I thought I was in Central NM, something like that. Least when I watch the news and they give the weather :P

Wow, your nem is beautiful. Looks like a Tequila to me. Such a pretty two-tone color variation also.

Mine is little, about the size of a silver dollar I guess. Oh I fed it today. It ate with pleasure, then I pooped like several hours later and I texted Jgpico grossed out by this event. Now I totally understand why they (some homework I read about on nems) noted the voided output according to size would be like 2 fish. Dang! Looks like I maybe putting my Tunze back in NC soon! :lol:

Lolol I want white. But it does also come in black casing. :)

White? What the deuces :P ... for what to match your table cloth. Wait you have a Nuvo, right?

Exciting news about getting the new nem! Post a photo for the rest of us to see! Pretty please! :)

I can text it to you via cell ;)

My stupid old droid x is crap and I can not upload with it. I have to wait until I get home later tomorrow (currently at work) and I will post asap also. Plus I wanted to make sure I do not kill it within the first 24hrs of being in my tank :P

My stupid old droid x is crap and I can not upload with it. I have to wait until I get home later tomorrow (currently at work) and I will post asap also. Plus I wanted to make sure I do not kill it within the first 24hrs of being in my tank :P

Ah! That explains why you're always texting photos. I'll have to get on this text list. I'll pm you my cell #.

I always worry when I post photos as soon as I get something in case it doesn't make it. I'm sure you're new nem will do great though, especially since it was already eating.

Deleted User 4

No I have an ada miniL (45p). I think black only looks good on a tank with black silicone. Mine is clear silicone.

Ruidoso? I do not know of this place :mellow: I am so new here, still. Still trying to make my way around Abq. I thought I was in Central NM, something like that. Least when I watch the news and they give the weather :P

Wow, your nem is beautiful. Looks like a Tequila to me. Such a pretty two-tone color variation also.

Mine is little, about the size of a silver dollar I guess. Oh I fed it today. It ate with pleasure, then I pooped like several hours later and I texted Jgpico grossed out by this event. Now I totally understand why they (some homework I read about on nems) noted the voided output according to size would be like 2 fish. Dang! Looks like I maybe putting my Tunze back in NC soon! :lol:

Its about two and a half hours south of you. Its a little tourist mountain town. Popular for skiing and cooler weather.

We love going up to ABQ to eat and shop, its a pretty nice town. Great news your Nem ate and pooped :)

I got one of my many BTAs from Jin. The one i bought was a red one and also the size of a half dollar about a year ago and now its huge and happily hosting my clowns.

Here it is now

P1210835_zpsd71c0180.jpg

Drift Monkey

No I have an ada miniL (45p). I think black only looks good on a tank with black silicone. Mine is clear silicone.

It's Monday. GTFO! :haha:

surgicalsense

Okay okay that totally make sense. The white bar would look clean with your clear silicone. You have the ADA .... it is JG who has the Nuvo. Geesh I need to keep a cheat sheet to remember every ones tanks off hand :P

Oh!!!!! I found a leak on my tank! Yup, but it is at the top seem where my hood is at. So I can deal with it.

It's Monday. GTFO! :haha:

Remind me :angry:

No it isn't...it's 11:31 pm over here. Lol. Got 29min :)

Very true :P

Deleted User 4

Okay okay that totally make sense. The white bar would look clean with your clear silicone. You have the ADA .... it is JG who has the Nuvo. Geesh I need to keep a cheat sheet to remember every ones tanks off hand :P

Oh!!!!! I found a leak on my tank! Yup, but it is at the top seem where my hood is at. So I can deal with it.

lolol You're fine if it's at the top. :)

Some people like black. I like white. :)

I'd probably get white casing lights over a black silicone tank anyhow. :)

surgicalsense

Its about two and a half hours south of you. Its a little tourist mountain town. Popular for skiing and cooler weather.

We love going up to ABQ to eat and shop, its a pretty nice town. Great news your Nem ate and pooped :)

I got one of my many BTAs from Jin. The one i bought was a red one and also the size of a half dollar about a year ago and now its huge and happily hosting my clowns.

Here it is now

P1210835_zpsd71c0180.jpg

That is awesome my clowns are goofy, my lil boy clown makes out with the Duncan, kind of hangs out under my hammer coral but my monster of a emerald crab lives under it ... we haven't made out way south yet. We have been so crunched for time and money since we moved here.

Is it really windy where your at right now?

Deleted User 4

He's talking to me I think. Anyways it's good to be chilling on someone's thread before the night ends for me. :)

That is awesome my clowns are goofy, my lil boy clown makes out with the Duncan, kind of hangs out under my hammer coral but my monster of a emerald crab lives under it ... we haven't made out way south yet. We have been so crunched for time and money since we moved here.

Is it really windy where your at right now?

No wind to speak of today. Just alot of rolling thunder noise. Huge Motorcycle rally here this weekend so lots of bikes and beer over here.

We are a popular tourist town for Texans. They use this town as there cooler climate second home playground. Most peeps from ABQ go to Santa Fe, Taos, Red River, or up north to Colorado but usually dont go south much.

surgicalsense

He's talking to me I think. Anyways it's good to be chilling on someone's thread before the night ends for me. :)

I know he is, duh ... but, it is my thread and I can crash the convo briefly if I want. :P

and I have to get some real work done before the am <_<

No wind to speak of today. Just alot of rolling thunder noise. Huge Motorcycle rally here this weekend so lots of bikes and beer over here.

We are a huge tourist town for Texans. They use this town as there cooler climate second home playground. Most peeps from ABQ go to Santa Fe, Taos, Red River, or up north to Colorado but usually dont go south much.

Done the whole Santa Fe thing ... over it already, tourist trap and expensive when it isn't worth it. However, I love history and I loved seeing the, "Oldest house" and the Church and Mission. I love those things, anything really historical :wub:

Archived